PDA

View Full Version : Women's basketball, looking ahead

MabenMaroon
12-21-2014, 01:41 PM
I certainly don't like to look ahead and make predictions, but this Lady Dawg team and season is becoming more and more intriguing. If this team plays like they have been playing and stay the course, there is a great likely hood that they will 23-0, possibly rated #10 or higher when Feb. 01 rolls around and we travel to Knoxville to play the Lady Vols. That begins a murderer's row of @ UT, TAMU and @UK, all in 11 days. Then we end the month of Feb @USC.
Could this be the year that we finally break through and get our first win ever against the Lady Vols? If we can get through the five teams ranked ahead of us, @USC#1/1, TAMU#4/5, @UK #8/8, @UT #11/12 and UGA #15/17 going 2-3 or 3-2 that would be pretty special and could set us up for a very deep run in the NCAA's. The rest of the conference is pretty stout as well, but we do get LSU, UF, and UPig at home. The only home and home's this year are tsun, Vandy and Bama and I like our chances real well on all of those. Just gotta stay healthy and continue to make progess.
Seeing that there is nothing else to get excited about in MSU athletics until mid to late February, I am urging as many of y'all as possible to make a trip or two to Hump and cheer these gals on, they definitely deserve the support and are on the verge of reaching that rarefied air so to speak.