PDA

View Full Version : CT and Ammo

Will James
06-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Since the beginning of the postseason CT is 4 for 36, hitting .111 this postseason. Hope he can get out of this funk quick, take these few days and get your timing right man. You too Ammo. 6-36 in the postseason, .167.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2013, 05:56 AM
They are dead ass outs. At least Ammo is battling a little but CT looks like a bad high school kid up there.

MitchD24
06-18-2013, 06:17 AM
Some of the swings that CT took last night were just flat out embarrassing

Bo Darville
06-18-2013, 06:50 AM
The swing CT took on the ball that was over his head was unreal. I can't believe anybody chases something like that. Ammo not hitting, but he looks closer to breaking out than CT. CT really looks lost.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Almost think CT has not recovered from the injury. Everyone is right about his bat, unless he gets hit, he is almost a guaranteed out right now. Do we go back to the line-up with Renfroe in CF and let Robson or Armstrong take left? The big downside is you lose Renfroes arm in right, which has saved a few runs this year.

mparkerfd20
06-18-2013, 07:42 AM
No it ain't broke.... Just move CT down to the 8 hole. His presence in CF is all but worth it. He saved a run or 2 last night.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2013, 07:42 AM
Don't change anything at this point. The line up is set period.

Will James
06-18-2013, 09:19 AM

Diagree totally with this philosophy.

hometowndawg
06-18-2013, 10:11 AM

Totally agree with this post!

I seen it dawg
06-18-2013, 11:24 AM
We will have to just disagree then. The team is on a roll and settled into their roles. Every one of them. You don't **** with that. Go watch the bus scene from Bull Durham young man.

Will James
06-18-2013, 12:10 PM
We will have to just disagree then. The team is on a roll and settled into their roles. Every one of them. You don't **** with that. Go watch the bus scene from Bull Durham young man.

Managers swap lineups all the time. In fact you are supposed to.

2011 World Series. 7 game series. Guess how many different lineups the Cardinals had....... 7

ETA and that doesn't count the pitcher spot. 7 different positional lineups.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2013, 02:14 PM
With THIS team, RIGHT NOW, you don't change a thing. Pro and college are 2 different solar systems.

sleepy dawg
06-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Totally agree with this post!

You ****ing idiots... If we wouldn't have changed what has been working last night, Porter wouldn't have played, and we probably would've lost.
I find it hard to believe that anyone who has watched a whole lot of baseball in their life would make a comment like this.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2013, 02:41 PM
You ****ing idiots... If we wouldn't have changed what has been working last night, Porter wouldn't have played, and we probably would've lost.
I find it hard to believe that anyone who has watched a whole lot of baseball in their life would make a comment like this.

I'm not talking about never substituting, pinch hitting, or making pitching changes you ****ing moron. The game is always fluid but this team has guys in roles and at this point of the season you don't shake things up because a guy in a role squares up 2 balls. Guess what? Porter's role right now is to sit his ass on that bench until the late innings and then provide a quality at bat in a nut time of the game because he is the best we have in that role right now. Do I think he should have been the guy all year and would probably produce more than our current DHs ? Yes. Do I think it is enough to warrant shaking things up to get him in the lineup? Not at this point in the season.

You don't **** with the roles or the chemistry of the ball club at this point on the season. You ****ing idiot.

SaltyDawg
06-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Well that escalated quickly.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2013, 02:59 PM
****ing idiot kinda does it for me.

sleepy dawg
06-18-2013, 03:32 PM
How can it really be their roles? The lineup last night was different than Oregenon St. game. Henderson didn't move to 7th until the super regional. Frost, Ammi, Armstrong, and Henderson have all moved around considerably the entire post season. The line up doesn't need shaking up because it was never a set line up to begin with.

CT needs to see something different so maybe, just maybe, he can contribute something to the team other than making an average throw to the cut off man once in a while.

I seen it dawg
06-18-2013, 03:52 PM
The lineup hasnt been changing. it is set and determined by the opposing pitcher. The team knows when a RH pitches Frost hits 7th and bumps Hendo to 8 and Ammo to 9. When LH pitches Armstrong hits 9 and bumps Hendo and Ammo up to 7,8. It's been that way the post-season and shouldn't change. Guys have settled into their roles and know what to expect by who is pitching against us. I would rather have Porter DHing against everyone and hit him 6 Hendo 7 CT 8 and Ammo 9. At this point in the season you don't do it because it changes things up too much and upsets the chemistry we have going. Baseball at this stage of the season goes much deeper than the surface of batting averages and who hits the ball hard in one or 2 ABs. You can't change what has been working for the last month. You just don't do it. Luckily our coach knows a helluva lot more about baseball than you do.

I hope he keeps doing EXACTLY what he is doing. It's working and I love having Porters bat available at crunch time at the end of the game. He sees fastballs because the pitchers ass is puckered and doesn't have to deal with as much breaking stuff. He hits fastballs well obviously.

sleepy dawg
06-18-2013, 05:10 PM
I, too, am eternally grateful that our couch know a lot more about baseball than I do. I can agree with you on that, and apologize for the name calling. However, I still very much disagree with you, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Cohen make a change the lineup. Porter should be in. CT needs to come out. I'll leave it at that.

Homedawg
06-18-2013, 05:22 PM
I, too, am eternally grateful that our couch know a lot more about baseball than I do. I can agree with you on that, and apologize for the name calling. However, I still very much disagree with you, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Cohen make a change the lineup. Porter should be in. CT needs to come out. I'll leave it at that.
There is a better chance I win the lottery than ct sitting Friday......I do have ticket of that makes u feel better, so the odds aren't zero, just not good!

bulldogcountry1
06-19-2013, 09:46 AM
CT has looked pretty poor at the plate most of the season. His swing looks completely out of sorts. Anytime he misses a pitch, he is completely off balance like some little leaguer swinging for the fences. Instead of playing to his strengths like a leadoff-type like Frazier, he tries too hard to hit it deep. He also never appears to change his approach with two strikes. He has a a flaw in his swing that appears as though his body drops slightly and messes with his sight line, ending with a lot of pop-ups.

That's said, you leave him out there and work on it this summer. We are going to need him to hit well over .300 for us next year.