PDA

View Full Version : Can Ray save his job?

msstate7
12-21-2014, 09:34 AM
If so, what would it take from here out?

Dawgfan77
12-21-2014, 09:46 AM
The question lies within the bryan building. Scott stuck his neck out on this hire and probably has a handshake agreement with Ray he gets 4 years. Hence the non sense of urgency in rays recruiting. The question is will Scott sack up and fire ray to save his own neck or will he stat the course. There is a lot of big dawgs that are not supporting basketball due to this hire. It has nothing to do with race or stans it's all on Scott.

IMissJack
12-21-2014, 10:06 AM
I don't think so, and I wish he could turn it around, but I just don't see that he has the coaching talent to do it. Look, when you get a talented new, unproven coach, attitudes and play changes quickly for the players and fans. Mullen's first year, won 5 games, but there was a new excitement and hope. The same can be said of softball coach Studeman (sp?) and Schaeffer with women's basketball. The minute those other coaches got on campus, improvement was seen by even passive observers. And, let's not make like it was easier for them either. We have never had as much success in football or any women's sport as men's basketball traditionally. The one characteristic they all had was they came from programs that either recently won a NC or competed for one every year, and all have dynamic personalities with fans. I don't think coach Ray has any of that.

Acid mouth
12-21-2014, 10:30 AM
I don't think he can save his job. I'm very curious what Scott decides to do (hopefully he is given orders) at the end of the year. Will he fire the RR project? If so, I feel like Scott is given the chance to make another hire but solely thru using a firm. Surely his "gut instinct" hiring ability has been removed indefinately. Or will Scott retain the RR project for another year? If the latter is the case, i believe it could cost Scott his job. It has to be considered. Our fans deserve a much better product on the court.

1bigdawg
12-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Scott has done great with his more recent hires. Studeman and Schaeffer have worked out great. Ray was his first big hire and he missed, but I believe he will do much better now.

I seen it dawg
12-21-2014, 10:58 AM
I hope not. Meaning save his job.

DownwardDawg
12-21-2014, 11:03 AM
I hope not. Meaning save his job.

Me too. I want to watch MSU basketball again. My son started playing this year and he watches the Mavs. He doesn't even know who our coach is.

gtowndawg
12-21-2014, 03:20 PM
does he can Ray and make some sort of temp change just to help garner a slight bit of interest from fans this year. Because without it, it will be like the season didn't happen. I personally have no desire to know who we are playing much less pay money to watch it. The season that never happened....

Dawgface
12-21-2014, 03:36 PM
If he wins out........sure.

msstate7
12-21-2014, 03:39 PM
If he wins out........sure.

He might could even lose 1 as long as it's not to kentucky*

MidTNDawg
12-21-2014, 05:51 PM

seems to me he would get started. Just saying.

Political Hack
12-21-2014, 06:39 PM
does he have to? it's pretty clear our administration doesn't give a damn about basketball any more.

shannondawg
12-21-2014, 07:51 PM
Can we buy out of having games televised?

Madisonmd
12-21-2014, 08:26 PM
It is believed Ray was extended after first year , giving him 2 more which has been told he will get to complete.

Quaoarsking
12-21-2014, 09:36 PM
If he can somehow get us to finish at .500 overall, I think he would warrant a fourth year. Any less than, it gets dicey.

While it seems unlikely, it would be possible to get to 16-16 without beating a single NIT- or NCAA-bound team.