PDA

View Full Version : Waiting until after our bowl game

Yossarian
12-21-2014, 08:50 AM
to hire an DC would indicate to me that Mullen has someone locked in, but that person wants to coach his players in their bowl game.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Jacksondevildog
12-21-2014, 08:52 AM
delete

jumbo
12-21-2014, 10:16 AM
to hire an DC would indicate to me that Mullen has someone locked in, but that person wants to coach his players in their bowl game.

Of course, I could be wrong.

This is he nearly how Mullen has handled coaching hires. Waiting till the coaches convention in January.

Coach34
12-21-2014, 10:58 AM
I think its going to be O or Shannon...thats my hope anyway out of who has interviewed

spiritual_machine2005
12-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Peeps have already been interviewed?

Coach34
12-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Yes Sir

CadaverDawg
12-21-2014, 11:17 AM
I think its going to be O or Shannon...thats my hope anyway out of who has interviewed

Coach, which would you prefer?

I'd be fine with either, but I think Shannon's personality might fit better. O is a better recruiter though I believe. Thoughts?

Coach34
12-21-2014, 11:24 AM
O is the better recruiter- and would absolutely drive the Fredo fans insane. Jury is obviously out on him calling a game and making adjustments at halftime

Shannon is a proven X-O guy and a good recruiter. Would command respect from the players.

If I could have it my way- I'd offer Shannon 750K to be the DC with bonuses. I'd offer Orgeron the DL, Recruiting Coordinator, and asst HC position and pay him 750K. Got to spend money if you want the type of guys that can keep you in the top 10. If I have choose one- I go with Shannon

jumbo
12-21-2014, 11:26 AM
O is the better recruiter- and would absolutely drive the Fredo fans insane. Jury is obviously out on him calling a game and making adjustments at halftime

Shannon is a proven X-O guy and a good recruiter. Would command respect from the players.

If I could have it my way- I'd offer Shannon 750K to be the DC with bonuses. I'd offer Orgeron the DL, Recruiting Coordinator, and asst HC position and pay him 750K. Got to spend money if you want the type of guys that can keep you in the top 10. If I have choose one- I go with Shannon

Are you sending Turner packing in this scenario? Or is this what you'd offer Shannon for the job and what you offer O for the job?

Coach34
12-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Yep...and he might be headed to Fla anyway. But if he doesnt- it would be more about what O brings to the table- not anything Turner has done wrong.

CadaverDawg
12-21-2014, 11:36 AM

To me, getting O and Shannon would be the definition of "home run hire".

jumbo
12-21-2014, 11:53 AM

No doubt. Talk about a dream scenario

basedog
12-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Can't see Turner going anywhere. He has done a good job imo and he demands respect. Don't think Dan would throw him under the bus, plus he coached under Croom and was well respected.

I like O as well, IF he is the new DC he would have help with Hughes as well as Turner in making halftime and game planning adjustments. There is no reason why O couldn't coach LB'er and be god at it.

Shannon would be good, already has DC experience and coaches LB'ers, either one would be a good hire and I also think a step up from Collins especially on the discline side and being more toughness.

NCDawg
12-21-2014, 01:02 PM
No doubt. Talk about a dream scenario

To me, getting O and Bill Clark would be a "home run hire". I'm not really sold on Shannon. There must be some reason(s) Bielema passed him over for being DC at Arkansas.

Dawgfan77
12-21-2014, 01:39 PM
Are you sending Turner packing in this scenario? Or is this what you'd offer Shannon for the job and what you offer O for the job?
Turner is a decent DL coach but he is not liked by the players. Can be an ass at times. More issues than Hev in recruiting

I seen it dawg
12-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Turners are a dime a dozen

ScottH
12-21-2014, 02:07 PM

Nope.

Burke Masters type Grand Slam Hire

bulldawg28
12-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Turners are a dime a dozen

Can you not recall how our D-line underachieved with Wilson? Josh Boyd was horrible and our D-front produced no pressure. Immediately after Turner's return last year we saw immediate improvement.

preachermatt83
12-21-2014, 02:36 PM
To me I think O will be our next D coord and I couldn't be happier about it. If it ends up being Shannon I will be happy too.

My Top 3 are
1. O
2. Shannon
3. Manny

I seen it dawg
12-21-2014, 02:39 PM
Can you not recall how our D-line underachieved with Wilson? Josh Boyd was horrible and our D-front produced no pressure. Immediately after Turner's return last year we saw immediate improvement.

Turner is good. But there are a lot of them out there.

bulldawg28
12-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Turner is good. But there are a lot of them out there.

Where?

I seen it dawg
12-21-2014, 02:44 PM
Where?

Omg really? Ok....you are just wanting to argue for the sake of arguing. I'm not advocating getting rid of turner. If we could get O and Shannon at Turners expense I would take it. Let's not pretend though there aren't other quality Dline coaches out there to be had if for some reason Turner is not with us. Are you saying Turner is the best? By saying where you surely sound like there isn't another better...

preachermatt83
12-21-2014, 02:46 PM
does anyone know who has actually already been interviewed? I didn't even know any had been done until Coach34 said it.

Todd4State
12-21-2014, 04:40 PM
Replacing Turner with Orgeron is like having the opportunity to replace Dan with Nick Saban. Dan hasn't done anything to deserve to go- but you just don't pass up a guy like Saban if you have the opportunity.

Having Orgeron and Shannon would be an upgrade over Collins and Turner. Coach O expands our recruiting in California, Louisiana, and Memphis- which to me I would rather recruit those areas well than Alabama. LSU can only sign 25. Alabama and Auburn can sign 50 combined. Louisiana is to me, the most overlooked area of talent in the country. LSU is able to pretty much build a NC contender almost entirely from the state and you look at us- Dak, Robinson, Day, etc. If we get more into Memphis, we can impact Ole Miss's recruiting and cause them some damage.

Shannon if we hire him would have the best resume of any DC Dan has hired to date.