PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Change and Malik

sbcmortgageman
12-21-2014, 08:15 AM
Y'all may disagree with me here but I think the only way to fix this is to fire Ray right now. If we do so, I'd call Wayne Brent at JSU. he has deep roots in JPS and I think Malik would play for him. It'll never but I sure wish it would. I'm done with Ray.

msstate7
12-21-2014, 08:19 AM
I'd like to give Robert Kirby an interview

civildawg
12-21-2014, 08:20 AM
Malik is not going to save this program immediately. You don't just hire a coach to get one player for one year. Go get the best coach we can find and be done with it

Political Hack
12-21-2014, 08:29 AM
Malik is not going to save this program immediately. You don't just hire a coach to get one player for one year. Go get the best coach we can find and be done with it

generally I'd disagree, but a new staff and Mailk would be a program changer. We'd have a shit at the tourney next year with him and another big recruit or two. basketball is incredibly easy to turn around... or at least it should be.

starkvegasdawg
12-21-2014, 08:57 AM
We'd have a shit at the tourney next year with him and another big recruit or two. basketball is incredibly easy to turn around... or at least it should be.

I'd shit if we made the tourney too.

Political Hack
12-21-2014, 09:06 AM
I'd shit if we made the tourney too.

basketball season has taught my iPhone to autocorrect "shot" to "shit."

thanks Strick.

sbcmortgageman
12-21-2014, 09:26 AM
One player most def can turn around a basketball program. Firing Ray mid season is really the only option left. But our university doesn't have the balls to do it.

civildawg
12-21-2014, 09:28 AM
I'm kind of worried Scott will give him another year honestly

Political Hack
12-21-2014, 09:30 AM

Only if he's 1) too stubborn to admit he's wrong or 2) too scared to call him into his office and fire him. Both of which are wonderful characteristics for an AD.

Dawgfan77
12-21-2014, 09:38 AM
Your probably correct but you never know. Scott did not have the administration nor the power dawgs blessing in this hire but they agreed to let him make this hire and fall on his on sword. Three years is plenty of time to get a sport turned around especially basketball. The 2,000,000 question (rumored buyout) does scott have the sack to fire Ray or will he give him more time.

DownwardDawg
12-21-2014, 10:07 AM
We need to replace Scott 1st. Let Keenum and the big dawgs hire the next coach.

Political Hack
12-21-2014, 10:11 AM
I don't think Scott's going to have a lot of people knocking on his door to handle that buy out given that he pissed most of them off with the hire in the first place.

DownwardDawg
12-21-2014, 10:28 AM
I don't think Scott's going to have a lot of people knocking on his door to handle that buy out given that he pissed most of them off with the hire in the first place.

No. He has dug us into this hole.