PDA

View Full Version : Hi. My name is ShotgunDawg.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi everybody....

My name is ShotgunDawg. I used to be an MSU basketball fan. When I was pistol pup, I would stay awake at night watching MSU basketball, knew all the players, and looked forward to going to Hump and experiencing an awesome atmosphere and sold out crowd. I was a big MSU basketball fan, and actually felt more prideful about that than I did the football program.

However, now I don't post about basketball, don't watch it, and, honestly, couldn't care less. I am not sure if my lack of care is due to me disliking basketball, or if it's because, I love MSU so much, that I don't want to emotionally invest in something so putrid that it's an inevitable way to feel like crap.

I don't know enough about basketball, our basketball team, the coaches, or the roster to know if we should fire Rick Ray, but I do know that if MSU basketball is going to make a comeback, then it has to get fair weather, ignorant fans like me to care again.

I'm nowhere close right now.

To you fans that still care enough to come on here and debate this abomination of a program, I have the utmost respect for you. I don't know how you muster enough "give-a-shit" to actually come up with enough passion to converse about it.

Jacksondevildog
12-20-2014, 06:59 PM
Sums me up perfectly. We are so bad that I cannot muster any emotion about the program. Fan apathy is at an all time low and it will be hard to get this program out of the shitter.

Dawgface
12-20-2014, 07:02 PM
I bet we don't have 1k at our next home game.

Liverpooldawg
12-20-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm going. I want to see this in person. I'll post a report when I get back. I'm sure it will be very positive.*****

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-20-2014, 07:05 PM
I bet we don't have 1k at our next home game.

Have we had 1k had any game this year?

maroonmania
12-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Its all a ploy by the athletic department anyway. Stricklin and crew know how much we as fans invest in supporting our now successful football and baseball programs. Trying to support a third successful men's sports program would just put too much stress on us as fans both in our time and money investment. Therefore, in our AD's wisdom, we are now being given a break in most of December through mid-February to reenergize for baseball season. Probably an overall good strategy.

JohnnyQuid
12-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Im 32 years old i grew up in my backyard pretending i was dontea jones with my socks pulled up to my knees. Now i dont know when we play or who. This is the state of mississippi state basketball.

codeDawg
12-20-2014, 07:14 PM
We're just tanking so we can pick up Newman in the draft.***

quickstrike2
12-20-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm going. I want to see this in person. I'll post a report when I get back. I'm sure it will be very positive.*****

We may not win, but you will be highly impressed with the floor coaching.***

shannondawg
12-20-2014, 07:33 PM
I haven't heard the expression X & O's in awhile.

It just came to me the similarity between Richard and Ray. Richard was a math teacher and Ray a math major.

shoeless joe
12-20-2014, 07:41 PM
I was there when the hump was jam packed and electric an hour before the Kentucky game in 04...I was at the SEC clinching comeback in Tuscaloosa. I say that to show folks that once upon a time MSU basketball was a fun experience.

Since the mid 90s I have lived and died with our basketball team as much as any other sport. Right now, I could absolutely not care less about our basketball program.

JohnnyQuid
12-20-2014, 07:52 PM
I was there when the hump was jam packed and electric an hour before the Kentucky game in 04...I was at the SEC clinching comeback in Tuscaloosa. I say that to show folks that once upon a time MSU basketball was a fun experience.

Since the mid 90s I have lived and died with our basketball team as much as any other sport. Right now, I could absolutely not care less about our basketball program.

This. There was a time i cared.

TheDogFather
12-20-2014, 08:10 PM
But at least Rick Stansbury is fired.

civildawg
12-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Anyone that thinks Stans should have stayed is an idiot. Ray is not the right guy, but Stans was running the program in the ground

JohnnyQuid
12-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Anyone that thinks Stans should have stayed is an idiot. Ray is not the right guy, but Stans was running the program in the ground

If this is above ground for a program im concerned, sir.

CadaverDawg
12-21-2014, 02:39 AM
Why are all of our coaches named Richard or a shortened version of Richard?

Just realized our last 3 coaches were all Dicks.*

Dawg61
12-21-2014, 03:25 AM
Team has become very tough to watch. Tonight I had the option to watch the game or skip it and just read this board instead. I chose this board. Nothing about the games are enjoyable. It's very frustrating very bad basketball. I pay attention in other ways than watching it. Awful shooting becomes impossible to watch eventually.

starkvegasdawg
12-21-2014, 07:13 AM
This. There was a time i cared.

I remember when we played Arkansas back in 92? think and to make sure we got seats we were camping out in front of the hump. Freezing cold that night and around 2:00am LT brought out pizza for everybody and I had campus police cut me a break on having alcohol in the vehicle...she walked up right as I had a bud light turned up enjoying its goodness. Any way, that Saturday the 40 minutes of hell version of Arkansas came in and promptly got sent packing by our dogs. The atmosphere in the hump was unreal. That was the year we were ranked most intimidating place to play. Now USM football fans make fun of us.

phatdog
12-21-2014, 07:43 AM
Basketball now = Croom year 5

Political Hack
12-21-2014, 08:27 AM
Why are all of our coaches named Richard or a shortened version of Richard?

Just realized our last 3 coaches were all Dicks.*

they didn't want to change "Rick's Rowdies," but they've now got the Absent Apathetics.

BulldogBear
12-21-2014, 03:53 PM

This. There were a lot of TV games, even as recent as Stans last year, that I'd be watching on TV in my own living room and barely ever sit down, crouching like a cat on a long 3 and jumping when it was good!

Now, I think Shotgun is on to something. I think my apathy is that I don't want to emotionally invest in our basketball program like I used to because of the state it's in.

RougeDawg
12-21-2014, 04:57 PM
I remember when we played Arkansas back in 92? think and to make sure we got seats we were camping out in front of the hump. Freezing cold that night and around 2:00am LT brought out pizza for everybody and I had campus police cut me a break on having alcohol in the vehicle...she walked up right as I had a bud light turned up enjoying its goodness. Any way, that Saturday the 40 minutes of hell version of Arkansas came in and promptly got sent packing by our dogs. The atmosphere in the hump was unreal. That was the year we were ranked most intimidating place to play. Now USM football fans make fun of us.

All ten of them?

whosyourdawgy
12-21-2014, 07:14 PM
There were years I'd get 20-30 tickets to the game in Jackson so all my friends and kids could come. Were there even ANY fans at that embarrassment? Good Lord how far we have fallen? Color me shocked because I actually thought year 3 w Sword Ware and Thomas would actually be better. What the Hell has happened?

ScoobaDawg
12-21-2014, 10:28 PM
He is right, I was very passionate about MSU basketball for most of ricks time there.. but wasn't happy about the ray hire and sure not the results since then. I watch a half this year..and that might be the only one i watch... yes the players deserve support but I couldn't pay to watch this team...let alone dedicate a couple hours of watching tv to watch us lose.

hells bells
12-21-2014, 10:36 PM
Went to New York for The Finale Four. Hell, half the people from NY wanted us to win the whole thing and should have.