PDA

View Full Version : Someone just told me that O hates Freeze.

Thick
12-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Is that true? If so, why?

HancockCountyDog
12-20-2014, 03:38 PM
Is that true? If so, why?

Coach O hates a lot of people. I really hope this is just talk with him.

NCDawg
12-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Coach O hates a lot of people. I really hope this is just talk with him.

Probably just message board talk. Although Freeze is the coach our most hated rival, he doesn't seem to be such a bad fellow in my opinion.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Probably just message board talk. Although Freeze is the coach our most hated rival, he doesn't seem to be such a bad fellow in my opinion.

Recent article on Coach O he complimented Freeze on being a great playcaller.

CadaverDawg
12-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the club, Ed

Todd4State
12-20-2014, 04:22 PM
My guess is because Croom outsmarted Freeze during the Robert Elliott saga.

Pokerdawg44
12-20-2014, 05:02 PM
He probably got that from Steve at scout. Steve gave some insight on DC candidates, and mentioned O as having a deep seeded dislike for freeze.

Coach34
12-20-2014, 05:05 PM
I cant imagine alot of coaches actually liking Freezus myself

Todd4State
12-20-2014, 05:09 PM
He probably got that from Steve at scout. Steve gave some insight on DC candidates, and mentioned O as having a deep seeded dislike for freeze.

Well, consider the source then and I suspect that Steve is wrong or just made it up.

But what that tells me is that someone probably told Rosebowl that Coach O is going to be on the staff soon and he's trying to calm the flock who might not "want an Ole Miss head coach on staff" when that officially goes down.

Aces High
12-20-2014, 05:13 PM
I dont know if O hates feeze but I know he hates Ole Miss.

Speaking of, when they were canned and Freeze was begging Nutt to leave him on the staff, dont I remember something about Freeze throwing the previous staff under the bus to try and save his job?

I may be remembering wrong but if that was the case, Id imagine he wouldnt be happy about it.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Well, consider the source then and I suspect that Steve is wrong or just made it up.

But what that tells me is that someone probably told Rosebowl that Coach O is going to be on the staff soon and he's trying to calm the flock who might not "want an Ole Miss head coach on staff" when that officially goes down.

First off, I can't find where Steve said that.

Secondly, Mullen and Freeze have polar opposite personalities. Mullen makes you think he is an ass hole on first impression, but as you get to know him, you realize he's actually a really good guy that cares for people, but is an overly competitive type A.

Freeze on the other hand, comes across as a really good, christian guy on first impression, but, as you get to know him, my guess is that there are some real issues that piss people off.

Orgeron is as unfiltered and real of a person as there is in college football, and, due to that, he most likely like genuine people more that two faced people. That may be why he doesn't like Freeze.

Tbonewannabe
12-20-2014, 05:17 PM

Joe Lee Dunn was a previous Ole Miss Head Coach even if it was an Interim job.

Saltydog
12-20-2014, 05:48 PM
nt

RougeDawg
12-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Mullen calls a spade a spade and Bucky is the biggest hypocrite this side of Jimmy Swaggart.

Saltydog
12-20-2014, 06:05 PM
mentioned that Hugh was a hypocrite. I mean he was about to blow a gasket and the caller backed off and hung up. It was at the end of the show too or I think Cross would've lost it. Someone needs to call back in there and pull his string. He gets VERY emotional and let's his homerism shine thru. Something Matt rarely does, much to the chagrin of the MSU faithful I might add.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Although Freeze is the coach our most hated rival, he doesn't seem to be such a bad fellow in my opinion.

I am guessing you pay sticker price for vehicles or pay full commission for stock trades...you know coz those salesmen don't seem like bad fellows.

Todd4State
12-20-2014, 07:18 PM

Secondly, Mullen and Freeze have polar opposite personalities. Mullen makes you think he is an ass hole on first impression, but as you get to know him, you realize he's actually a really good guy that cares for people, but is an overly competitive type A.

Freeze on the other hand, comes across as a really good, christian guy on first impression, but, as you get to know him, my guess is that there are some real issues that piss people off.

Orgeron is as unfiltered and real of a person as there is in college football, and, due to that, he most likely like genuine people more that two faced people. That may be why he doesn't like Freeze.

Here's Rosebowl's quote:

"Ed Orgeron is looking to get back into coaching and he's spent a couple of days with Mullen over the course of the past few months. Orgeron's expertise is more on the DL, but he's a good football coach and a tireless recruiter. He also has a pretty deep seeded dislike for Hugh Freeze, which in some people's eyes makes him a good candidate"

And here is the link.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=136&f=2637&t=13486961

Todd4State
12-20-2014, 07:22 PM
Joe Lee Dunn was a previous Ole Miss Head Coach even if it was an Interim job.

Very true. And I would estimate that less than 10% of our fanbase is wacky enough to not want Orgeron simply because of his former ties to Ole Miss. But of that 10% that own computers I bet 90% post on Genespage.

Sixpack and Elitedawgs would manage any tomfoolery from a poster from within. Gene and Rosebowl handle the policing there.

Todd4State
12-20-2014, 07:25 PM

Sorry to reply to the same post twice, but as far as Freeze and his personality, I can tell he doesn't like to take responsibility when things go wrong. It's always "Bo screwed up" or "we have got to recruit better people".

That's a sign of a poor leader.

I suspect that when he coached WR or whatever under Coach O, he probably didn't take responsibility for a poor performance there either.

Pokerdawg44
12-20-2014, 10:07 PM
http://mississippistate.scout.com/forums/2637-msu-football/13486961-a-little-late-night-coaching-skuttle-butt?s=136 Steve Robertson

A little late night coaching sKuttle butt

Tuesday at 7:47 PM

I am told tonight that Manny Diaz still has a lot of fans in Starkville and that there would be some support for him, but that whomever takes the DC position must also be a top notch recruiter. At this point, it appears that Manny is sort of in the second tier of potential candidates.

Ed Orgeron is looking to get back into coaching and he's spent a couple of days with Mullen over the course of the past few months. Orgeron's expertise is more on the DL, but he's a good football coach and a tireless recruiter. He also has a pretty deep seeded dislike for Hugh Freeze, which in some people's eyes makes him a good candidate.

Bill Clark of UAB is a name that is intriguing to a lot of people and he is beginning to get some play. He was at Clemson today visiting with Dabo Swinney. He will have some options and MSU may be one of them. We will just have to see how it progresses.

Barry Odom the DC at Memphi is a name that drew some attention regionally, but he is going to Missouri to take the same position there. There was never any real traction there.

I understand that Mullen really wants to find a guy on the way up with a real passion and ambiition for the job. He found that in Manny Diaz and Geoff Collins. I am told by someone very close to Coach Mullen that he will likely follow that same forumula. Coach wants a guy with passion and a hunger to be the best an

CadaverDawg
12-20-2014, 10:19 PM
http://mississippistate.scout.com/forums/2637-msu-football/13486961-a-little-late-night-coaching-skuttle-butt?s=136 Steve Robertson

A little late night coaching sKuttle butt

Tuesday at 7:47 PM

I am told tonight that Manny Diaz still has a lot of fans in Starkville and that there would be some support for him, but that whomever takes the DC position must also be a top notch recruiter. At this point, it appears that Manny is sort of in the second tier of potential candidates.

Ed Orgeron is looking to get back into coaching and he's spent a couple of days with Mullen over the course of the past few months. Orgeron's expertise is more on the DL, but he's a good football coach and a tireless recruiter. He also has a pretty deep seeded dislike for Hugh Freeze, which in some people's eyes makes him a good candidate.

Bill Clark of UAB is a name that is intriguing to a lot of people and he is beginning to get some play. He was at Clemson today visiting with Dabo Swinney. He will have some options and MSU may be one of them. We will just have to see how it progresses.

Barry Odom the DC at Memphi is a name that drew some attention regionally, but he is going to Missouri to take the same position there. There was never any real traction there.

I understand that Mullen really wants to find a guy on the way up with a real passion and ambiition for the job. He found that in Manny Diaz and Geoff Collins. I am told by someone very close to Coach Mullen that he will likely follow that same forumula. Coach wants a guy with passion and a hunger to be the best an

People pay for that? He just told people absolutely nothing they didn't already know about the search. People might as well wipe their asses with the money they pay that site

M.Fillmore
12-20-2014, 11:02 PM
...as far as Freeze and his personality, I can tell he doesn't like to take responsibility when things go wrong. It's always "Bo screwed up" or "we have got to recruit better people".

That's a sign of a poor leader.

This a 1,000 times over. Bears say is Mullen classless for throwing blame at six figure salaried coaches and then say Freeze is classy for throwing players under the bus and backing the bus over them.

Todd4State
12-20-2014, 11:06 PM
This a 1,000 times over. Bears say is Mullen classless for throwing blame at six figure salaried coaches and then say Freeze is classy for throwing players under the bus and backing the bus over them.

The difference is if Dan was Freeze, he would have thrown Evans and Coman under the bus.

When you are coach and the media asks you "what went wrong" after a loss, you have to say something. The way Dan handled it was much, much classier than basically saying his players sucked.

AlSwearengen
12-20-2014, 11:59 PM
I wonder what the dynamic was like between orgeron/oher/freeze/touhy back when that situation was playing out.

I tend to believe that freeze might have been forced on orgeron against his will to some extent. Also, didn't luke hate orgeron because orgeron demanded too much work? I imagine orgeron has a lot of reasons to not like that bunch.

Todd4State
12-21-2014, 02:05 AM
I wonder what the dynamic was like between orgeron/oher/freeze/touhy back when that situation was playing out.

I tend to believe that freeze might have been forced on orgeron against his will to some extent. Also, didn't luke hate orgeron because orgeron demanded too much work? I imagine orgeron has a lot of reasons to not like that bunch.

The entire Oher situation was weird. But it's totally something that I would expect them to hatch up.

But, I'm pretty sure it was a deal where Oher was a guy that was obviously going to be a big time recruit, but was also pretty close to being homeless and in a bad family situation. So, basically what they apparently did was adopt Oher and send them to their kid's private school football team who was coached by Freeze which helped him out and then Freeze parlayed that into sending Oher to Ole Miss and got a job out of it advancing his career. Basically, it was a good deal for everyone.

They needed Freeze in their corner because the last thing that they needed was a DeVinner situation where Tennessee (or whoever) paid Freeze off to send Oher to UT. Coaches in Memphis have been known to do stuff like that and also rat out other schools. And Freeze is pretty sleazy. I still think Oher would have ended up at Ole Miss even if other schools got involved with Freeze, but having Freeze in their corner makes things a lot easier.

Without Oher, the Touhy's and Orgeron, I highly doubt Freeze makes it as far as he has. So, he may have made a deal with the devil so to speak, but I doubt he is complaining. He's going to make 4 million + next year.

I don't know about Luke or any of the other coaches, but I think more than anything it was a case of Orgeron going over the top and trying too hard. He basically tried to make them USC and that's not going to work at Ole Miss. And when it didn't work, he probably took it out on assistants and whomever else, which is probably why there are some hard feelings.

Political Hack
12-21-2014, 08:52 AM
are we talking about the same guys that announced OU's OC as our head coach hours before we hired Mullen?

Also, not sure you can really label that "premium," but if they do try to sell that crap please don't post it here. I don't want any whiney emails about people posting their pay board content on this board. If it's "premium" please edit accordingly.