PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal clayborn

msstate7
12-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Assuming dak comes back is clayborn our most important player going into next season?

I think rankin/senior is an upgrade at tackle. Even though we'll be young at safety, I think we're gonna finally have sec athletism there.

I think clayborn is the most important player going into next year. He's more athletically gifted than day. I think we'll have much better push in the middle. Can he handle the mental aspects of playing center? If he can, I think we can get to 9-10 wins.

Thoughts?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-20-2014, 01:27 PM
Clayborn is extremely smart so I think he'll be fine with the mental aspect.

HoopsDawg
12-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Clayborn was signed to be our Center. He played as a true freshman and a sophomore. He's our strongest player in the weight room. It's time for him to step up and take over at C. He went to Jackson Academy so he should have the smarts. It's just going to be a matter of his mental approach as far as how good does he want to be and will he be physical and aggressive. Yes, he is a key player. If he doesn't step up, I'm sure Calhoun will be pushing him.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2014, 01:49 PM
I would feel much better about the upcoming season if Fitzgerald made a move in the Spring and over took the backup QB role.

If we are being honest, Dak only missed one snap this year while the game was on the line, and that was against Alabama when his helmet came off.

As much as Dak runs, I don't think that's a reasonable expectation for next season. We should prepare and accept that Dak will likely miss time next season for one reason or another, thus it's so important that a talented, capable QB steps up and creates a situation where we can still win with Dak out.

Maybe I spoke too soon. Here is what Fitz just tweeted:

Nicky Fitz ‏@NickFitz07 24s24 seconds ago
I swear I have food poisoning.. Pooping straight fire ����

Coach34
12-20-2014, 01:51 PM
He is an intelligent kid- but he doesnt have the meanness that Day had- and that's important. Does he have the leadership? Does he have the toughness?

He is smart enough and athletically gifted enough. Now it's time to see if he can do it this Spring

Coach34
12-20-2014, 01:52 PM
I would feel much better about the upcoming season if Fitzgerald made a move in the Spring and over took the backup QB role.

If we are being honest, Dak only missed one snap this year while the game was on the line, and that was against Alabama when his helmet came off.

As much as Dak runs, I don't think that's a reasonable expectation for next season. We should prepare and accept that Dak will likely miss time next season for one reason or another, thus it's so important that a talented, capable QB steps up and creates a situation where we can still win with Dak out.

Dont leave out Staley...he can play. I think both of them will pass Williams this Spring

msstate7
12-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Dont leave out Staley...he can play. I think both of them will pass Williams this Spring

If this happens, will Williams leave? I'm not as down on Williams as most here. I think he just needs to work on the zone read more. I like Williams' arm

HoopsDawg
12-20-2014, 02:07 PM

Williams will be our backup, you can bank on that. Staley is better than Fitz.

EAVdog
12-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Yeah last year everyone was worried how we'd replace an NFL Guard with a walk on. I just don't worry that much about our OL anymore.

DudyDawg
12-20-2014, 02:25 PM

Maybe I spoke too soon. Here is what Fitz just tweeted:

Nicky Fitz ‏@NickFitz07 24s24 seconds ago
I swear I have food poisoning.. Pooping straight fire ����

Why? If Fitz and staley are so good but can't pass damian, doesn't that tell you he's better right now? I think both are very talented, but why worry who is backup. If they pass him they pass him bc they earned it and are better, if they don't then damian earned it and is better than they are.

Bothrops
12-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Damian is actually pretty damn good throwing the ball and is compact as a runner. He can take punishment. That's a big plus. I can see how he will be hard to beat out.

maroonmania
12-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Damian is actually pretty damn good throwing the ball and is compact as a runner. He can take punishment. That's a big plus. I can see how he will be hard to beat out.

His biggest issues at the moment are handling the snap from the shotgun consistently and making the reads in the read option.