PDA

View Full Version : Demarcus Henderson

The Croom Diaries
06-17-2013, 11:29 PM
For a guy who struggled for a good portion of the season in a platoon, he has done great over this stretch run. It seems like he gets a hit every time a runner is in scoring position....and that's the only time he gets hits. He has zero power, pretty much no hope of even getting a double, but right now I want him or Wes Rea at the plate in a clutch situation. And I never thought I'd want Henderson up there when it counts, but he has been so clutch the last month or so. He's got to be hitting about .750 with RISP since the Ole Miss series.

msstate7
06-17-2013, 11:36 PM
Really think he could be primed to have a huge senior year

Coach34
06-17-2013, 11:40 PM
He has been clutch fo sho. It's guys like him that win you a title

Todd4State
06-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Really think he could be primed to have a huge senior year

Actually, he would be a junior. He's going to potentially try for a medical redshirt for his true freshman year.

msstate7
06-17-2013, 11:42 PM
Actually, he would be a junior. He's going to potentially try for a medical redshirt for his true freshman year.

Even better

Todd4State
06-17-2013, 11:54 PM
And as a sidenote- he has better numbers than Tanner Mathis. I thought it was pretty funny that our number 7 or number 9 hitter had better numbers than their lead off guy.

SaltyDawg
06-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Before that hit last night he was batting .349 with runners in scoring position. That's impressive.

Ronny
06-18-2013, 10:34 AM
..earlier this season Henderson hit into 3 double plays in one game (forget which game).

Then he kept hitting into double plays as the season progressed.

Fortunately, that Henderson no longer exists.

ckDOG
06-18-2013, 10:37 AM
He's come up big recently. Nice to have that confidence late in the lineup.

LiterallyPolice
06-18-2013, 10:48 AM
He's come up big recently. Nice to have that confidence late in the lineup.

If my memory is correct, it seems the bottom of our lineup has been producing lately. In just the last few games Henderson, Porter, Frost have all had clutch hits.

Goat Holder
06-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Better than striking out.

All you can ask a guy to do is to put the ball in play. Then good things can happen. If you strike out, nothing happens.

messageboardsuperhero
06-18-2013, 12:07 PM
If my memory is correct, it seems the bottom of our lineup has been producing lately. In just the last few games Henderson, Porter, Frost have all had clutch hits.

That's what I've been thinking. Renfroe's been good in the field and okay at the plate, but imagine if he was playing like he was in the middle of the year. Our top 3 in the order last night went 2-12. Detz and Renfroe aren't playing as well right now, but the bottom of the lineup is picking up all the slack.

Spider-Man
06-18-2013, 12:09 PM
That's what I've been thinking. Renfroe's been good in the field and okay at the plate, but imagine if he was playing like he was in the middle of the year. Our top 3 in the order last night went 2-12. Detz and Renfroe aren't playing as well right now, but the bottom of the lineup is picking up all the slack.

That is what makes me so damn giddy about the next few games. If the top of the lineup gets hot, oooh boy.

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-18-2013, 12:18 PM
That is what makes me so damn giddy about the next few games. If the top of the lineup gets hot, oooh boy.

It's been a different guy every few games which is awesome. Detz was red hot in the Regional. Frazier and Refroe tore it up at Virginia. Now Wes Rea and Demarcus are hitting great in Omaha. Pirtle of course has been Pirtle and never wavers.

msstate7
06-18-2013, 12:26 PM

Now imagine if renfroe gets hot now. We could very well be national champs

Coach34
06-18-2013, 12:29 PM

Renfroe is batting .273 (32-117) since the Auburn series 2 months ago. And alot of those hits have come in bunches- he got 4 hits in the blowout vs Virginia, he got 3-4 hits in the blowout loss to Vandy, got 3 hits in the last game vs UCA when they were out of pitching...

He is not being patient at the plate and is killing us at times out there. Anything close and he is hacking

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-18-2013, 12:35 PM
Renfroe obviously isn't hitting the same as he was, but I say he's still getting the job done. All those hit in Game 1 vs. UVA, then the triple in the resumed game that ended up leading to the deciding run. Then in the 8th vs. OSU he belts one off the pitcher leading to a single and the game-deciding rally. I think he was hurting us for a while there, but since the Regionals started he's just been good (but not great like he was prior).

Coach34
06-18-2013, 01:05 PM
While true, I see him hitting into double plays, making base running errors, and not knocking in runners that we sorely need.

His patience is non-existant. Here is rundown of his AB's the last 3 games:

vs Indiana

1st AB- hits 1-0 pitch to SS for fielder's choice
2nd AB- intentional walk
3rd AB- flies out to CF on 1-0 count
4th AB- strikes out- swung at 0-0 or 1-0 pitch a foot outside
5th AB- singles on 1-2

VS Oregon State

1st AB- grounds into double play on 0-1
2nd AB- flies to CF on 0-1
3rd AB- flies to CF on 1-1
4th AB- singled off pitcher 0-1

vs Virginia

1st AB- flied to CF- 0-1
2nd AB- struck out on 1-2
3rd AB- groundball to SS on 1-2
4th AB- doubled down RF line on 1-2

Renfroe is 3-12 in his last 3 games with an intentional walk- and he hasnt reached 2 balls in any of those 12 AB's
Renfroe struggled thru the SEC Tourney then got some hits in our blowout loss
Renfroe struggled thru the Regional and got some hits in the last game when UCA had no pitching left
He did help us jump on Virginia in Game 1- he played very well. But since then it's back to struggling

Original48
06-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Now imagine if renfroe gets hot now. We could very well be national champs

The good news here is his swing is MUCH better and he's not swinging at every first pitch. He's hitting the ball hard and I feel like he's gonna crank one out soon.

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Renfroe gives us an extraordinary advantage in right field. Teams don't even consider running on him, and he's always the best athlete on the field.

Renfroe gives us a great advantage once he's on base as well. He's the only player on the team that scores from first to give us the winning run on Rea's double in the OSU game.

Renfroe is often times walked, still. Against Indiana he was intentionally walked again.

Renfroe does not look anything like he did when he was mired in his slump. In the slump, he looked awkward and like he was in pain up there. Very uncomfortable with a bat in his hands. Now, even when he strikes out, he looks pretty good up there swinging away. Would I like to see him catch fire again like the first half of the season? Hell yes. Who wouldn't? But it doesn't change the fact that he's still batting .350 on the season with 15 bombs and a ton of RBI. I bet his OPS is monster, as well.

Get off Renfroe already.

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 01:15 PM
While true, I see him hitting into double plays, making base running errors, and not knocking in runners that we sorely need.

vs Indiana

2nd AB- intentional walk
5th AB- singles on 1-2

VS Oregon State

vs Virginia

1st AB- flied to CF- 0-1

Renfroe is 3-12 in his last 3 games with an intentional walk- and he hasnt reached 2 balls in any of those 12 AB's
Renfroe struggled thru the Regional and got some hits in the last game when UCA had no pitching left
He did help us jump on Virginia in Game 1- he played very well. But since then it's back to struggling

so what you are saying, then, is that in the 3 most important games of the year against top notch pitching, Renfroe has reached base on 5 out of 13 trips to the plate and scored the winning run in two of the three games (and hauled in a tough defensive play to win one of the 3 as well)?

Ronny
06-18-2013, 01:20 PM

vs Indiana

2nd AB- intentional walk
5th AB- singles on 1-2

VS Oregon State

vs Virginia

1st AB- flied to CF- 0-1

..frustrated with Renfroe, but you have to understand the teams we are now playing possess Hunter Renfroe scouting reports 12 inches thick.

They know all his weakness at the plate, & unless it's a mistake, they never pitch to his strengths.

Having said that, Renfroe takes the Sammy Sosa approach at the plate: He tries to knock the ball 500 feet with every swing instead of just using his athleticism to hit singles, doubles & triples into the gaps. (Like Fraizer, for example).

Word to Renfroe: You are not going to go yard in TD Ameritrade Park, so stop trying.

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 01:23 PM
If Katz can go yard, Renfroe can go yard. stop being such a poon nanny. The kid is doing fine. He absolutely ate up OSU's ace in the most clutch situation he's been in at Omaha. Then he scored from first when no one else on the team would have been capable of doing it. Then he caught the game winner on a tough play.

If you pick 5 players on the team who are the most instrumental in getting us to 2-0 in Omaha, Renfroe is one of them.

Ronny
06-18-2013, 01:37 PM
..sorry for bad-mouthing your little boy.

Mrs. Renfroe, this is a sports board where a diversity of opinions is allowed.

If your son is wasting at-bats by trying to be Barry Bonds instead of settling for seeing-eye grounders for the benefit of the team, then it's my right to post about it.

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 01:42 PM
..sorry for bad-mouthing your little boy.

Mrs. Renfroe, this is a sports board where a diversity of opinions is allowed.

If your son is wasting at-bats by trying to be Barry Bonds instead of settling for seeing-eye grounders for the benefit of the team, then it's my right to post about it.

post about it all you want ronny, but the facts I have just set forth demonstrate that you are grossly wrong if you are saying renfroe is not currently playing clutch baseball and is not one of the driving forces behind our post season run.

I love opinions, and the thing I love most is bashing your brains in when you post opinions that are baseless.

Coach34
06-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Renfroe gives us an extraordinary advantage in right field. Teams don't even consider running on him, and he's always the best athlete on the field.- nobody is disputing this one bit- not sure why you felt the need to post it.

Renfroe gives us a great advantage once he's on base as well. He's the only player on the team that scores from first to give us the winning run on Rea's double in the OSU game.- he is a damn good baserunner- nobody is disputing this one bit- not sure why you felt the need to post it.

Renfroe is often times walked, still. Against Indiana he was intentionally walked again.- no he isnt. He has walked 1 time in the last 11 games. 1 walk in 11 games- thats not being walked often. That is the exact opposite

Renfroe does not look anything like he did when he was mired in his slump. In the slump, he looked awkward and like he was in pain up there. Very uncomfortable with a bat in his hands. Now, even when he strikes out, he looks pretty good up there swinging away. Would I like to see him catch fire again like the first half of the season? Hell yes. Who wouldn't? But it doesn't change the fact that he's still batting .350 on the season with 15 bombs and a ton of RBI. I bet his OPS is monster, as well.- he is a .270 hitter with what- 1 HR in his last 29 ballgames. That is who Hunter Renfroe is at the plate. Once the scouting report got passed around- the big numbers stopped. He has been an average or worse hitter his entire college career except for the 6 weeks to start this season. He has crazy talent- but he is All-Star OF'er with a Hall of Fame arm- but a AA-AAA level bat. He will struggle to stay in The Show because of his bat.

Get off Renfroe already.

facts are facts

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Coach:

We are discussing Renfroe since his "slump" ended. I think he tended to wake up in the first game of the SEC tourney. He went 2-7.

Since then, he's had a hit in all but one of the 12 games, including all of the last 9.

It's obvious he has also hit the ball well several times but gotten out.

My biggest concern with Renfroe while he was slumping is that he always let us down in the big moments. At the college world series, he has come through in the biggest at bat he's had.

As far as his walks, he's second on the team to Detz, who is one of the conference leaders. But I'll give you that he's not walking a lot lately. I guess I should have said that he is still a guy who is a potential intentional walk at any point. He was intentionally walked last game. If you take all intentional walks against us all season, I bet he's got 90% of them.

There is nothing wrong with Renfroe right now. he just needs to keep doing what he's doing. He's not the problem. CT bradford is the one that needs to step up. This business about leaving runners on third with 1 out has got to stop.

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-18-2013, 02:04 PM
So basically Hunter Renfroe is Jeff Francouer. Great defensive RF with a monster arm, plus speed, good power and the ability to get insanely hot but too overly aggressive to sustain great success. At any rate, it doesn't really matter, it's the end of the season and he is still making positive contributions even if it's just based on raw athleticism. He may or may not come up with the big hit, but as long as someone in maroon does is all that matters.

Coach34
06-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Coach:

We are discussing Renfroe since his "slump" ended. I think he tended to wake up in the first game of the SEC tourney. He went 2-7.

Since then, he's had a hit in all but one of the 12 games, including all of the last 9.

Renfroe was 3-17 (.176) starting the SEC Tourney- then went 3-5 against one of Vandy's non-rotation guys to make it look respectable.

Renfroe then was 3-13 (.231) starting the Regional- before feasting on UCA's exhausted staff

You dont slump for 2 months. He is a great young man that plays his ass off and has been a credit to our baseball program, and I'm glad he is now a millionaire- I just dont think he will make any kind of splash in MLB

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 03:04 PM
I could care less about MLB. I'm talking about the fact that right this second, if the game is on the line, I want Rea, then Frazier, then probably Renfroe. I cannot say I'd rather have anyone else up to bat right this second.

Yes you do slump for two months. Every baseball player in the world goes through slumps. Renfroes has been bad, but lets be honest, how bad could it have been when he's still batting .350?

to the extent you are commenting on renfroe's pro career, that is a non-issue to me and I withdraw any comment. to the extent you are down on renfroe for the way he's been playing ball in the postseason, including the way he's been handling the bat, I strongly take issue with you.

and you can't pick and choose what games you want to look at. I'd say, "well you need to delete the first 3 at bats v. OSU's starter. that guy was really good, so take those at bats away."

The Croom Diaries
06-18-2013, 03:14 PM
I could care less about MLB. I'm talking about the fact that right this second, if the game is on the line, I want Rea, then Frazier, then probably Renfroe. I cannot say I'd rather have anyone else up to bat right this second.

What about the guy this thread was about - Demarcus Henderson? I can see Rea, and Frazier too. But RIGHT NOW you would rather have Renfroe up there than Henderson with the game on the line? Demarcus seems to get a hit every time we really need it from him. Renfroe has been serviceable, but he's not the big bat the announcers are touting right now. He's got the stats because of what he did through the end of April, but right now I'd say 1. Rea 2. Henderson 3. Pirtle 4. Frazier 5. Detz/Porter/Renfroe 8. Ammo 12. Bradford for who I'd like with the game on the line.

SaltyDawg
06-18-2013, 03:16 PM
1. Rea 2. Henderson 3. Pirtle 4. Frazier 5. Detz/Porter/Renfroe 8. Ammo 12. Bradford for who I'd like with the game on the line.

Yep.

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Pyrtle has not been coming through lately. Last game he did well, but generally I've noticed he's not been coming up as big in the clutch. I actually looked at his average to see if it is dipping, but it's not. So I guess he's doing fine, but I don't recall him winning any games for us lately.

Laughable that someone would rather have Porter up just because he won the game last night.

I can see an argument for Detz. I put Detz and Pyrtle together. They are some of our best hitters, but right now I just don't feel more comfortable with them than Renfroe.

I can go with you guys on Henderson. He really heated up prior to the regional. He dipped a bit in the regional but has it going again. He is much more of a liability than Renfroe elsewhere, but as far as just hitting, he's been pretty solid.

Asinine for anyone to have Frazier lower than 2nd. The guy is super clutch.

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 03:25 PM
1. Rea
2. Frazier
3. Henderson
4. Renfroe
5. Detz/Pyrtle

Coach34
06-18-2013, 03:45 PM
with the game on the line?

1. Rea
2. Frazier
3. Porter
4. Hendo
5. Pirtle
6. Detz
7. Frosty
8. Renfroe
9. All about the same at this point.

Will James
06-18-2013, 03:49 PM
You dont slump for 2 months.

WTF are you talking about? The slump lasted from May 4th to May 23rd. During this time his average dipped from .402 to .346. After the 23rd his avg evened out and is back up at .357. You do slump for 3 weeks, thats barely a slump at all at the next level. It just seems more exaggerated because our season is shorter.

During the slump he was 11 for 56 hitting .196. He also had a VERY LOW .227 BABIP during the slump. During his slump however he still managed a 14% walk rate. Higher than his overall season average.

Since the slump he's hitting .410 (16 for 39)

The following are some notable batting averages from the last 30 days.
Justin Upton - .202 (Upton has a .311 BABIP during this time)
Anthony Rizzo - .173
Starlin Castro - .178

Shit happens, its baseball. There's nothing that says Renfroe cannot succeed at the next level and there is definitely nothing to suggest he slumped for two months.. thats absurd.

From March 23 thru April 12 Frazier went 9-51 (.176) .200 BABIP. During his slump Frazier walked just twice, in 12 games, as a leadoff hitter. Slump BB% - 3.6%

I don't remember hearing how Frazier couldn't make it at the next level, and his slump was worse than Renfroes.

The Croom Diaries
06-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Laughable that someone would rather have Porter up just because he won the game last night.

Right now I want Rea and Henderson up. Those two are getting hits almost every time, especially in the late innings. Frazier is great leading off an inning late in the game, but I was basing my list off who I want up there with 2 out, runners on 2nd and 3rd, down by one run. Have to have a base hit.

Pirtle, Frazier, Detz, Porter, Renfroe, etc. they are neither clutch in that situation nor do they choke. I think they are the same hitter then as always. Bradford, on the other hand, he choked last night in the 8th inning swinging at that ball over his head. He is slumping, but I can remember a similar situation in my playing days (not at this level though) where I choked just like that, swung at a pitch just like that I was so nervous to make something happen. I may be wrong, but that is how I perceived it. Also not many people have said anything, but Holder has choked twice in the field - on what should've been the final out when he was covering first vs. UVA and last night on that throw. He has been shaky on the mound but still throwing strikes so I don't think he's a choke artist, but when it comes to fielding he has choked twice.

sandwolf
06-18-2013, 03:56 PM
For a guy who struggled for a good portion of the season in a platoon, he has done great over this stretch run. It seems like he gets a hit every time a runner is in scoring position....and that's the only time he gets hits. He has zero power, pretty much no hope of even getting a double, but right now I want him or Wes Rea at the plate in a clutch situation. And I never thought I'd want Henderson up there when it counts, but he has been so clutch the last month or so. He's got to be hitting about .750 with RISP since the Ole Miss series.

He really has picked it up big time. Since regional play started, he has gone 11 for 31 (.355).

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 04:00 PM
very nice, Will. I'm with you on this.

The problem here is that a lot of people want to see the kid produce at a .450, 28 bombs a year average. That's just not realistic, unless you are Ryan Braun.

The Croom Diaries
06-18-2013, 04:01 PM
WTF are you talking about? The slump lasted from May 4th to May 23rd. During this time his average dipped from .402 to .346. After the 23rd his avg evened out and is back up at .357. You do slump for 3 weeks, thats barely a slump at all at the next level. It just seems more exaggerated because our season is shorter.

During the slump he was 11 for 56 hitting .196. He also had a VERY LOW .227 BABIP during the slump. During his slump however he still managed a 14% walk rate. Higher than his overall season average.

Anthony Rizzo - .173
Starlin Castro - .178

Shit happens, its baseball. There's nothing that says Renfroe cannot succeed at the next level and there is definitely nothing to suggest he slumped for two months.. thats absurd.

From March 23 thru April 12 Frazier went 9-51 (.176) .200 BABIP. During his slump Frazier walked just twice, in 12 games, as a leadoff hitter. Slump BB% - 3.6%

I don't remember hearing how Frazier couldn't make it at the next level, and his slump was worse than Renfroes.

I kind of agree with Will on this. I don't think he could hit like he did in Virginia and still be in a slump. He isn't hitting like an All-American right now, but he hasn't been as bad as he was either. He is still a factor and pitchers still have to beware of him - but right now I think you could mix him with Frazier, Detz, Pirtle, Rea and Henderson for the same amount of wariness for a pitcher.

Will James
06-18-2013, 04:07 PM
Renfroe is batting .273 (32-117) since the Auburn series 2 months ago.

From March 23rd thru May 10th Frazier batted .234 (25-107) His OBP during that time was just .299.. as a leadoff hitter! In 25 games Frazier had 0 HBP and just 10 walks.. as a leadoff hitter.

In Renfroes "long slump" his OBP was still .380.

So you can look at short slumps and long "slumps" and Fraziers was worse than Froe's

Coach34
06-18-2013, 04:16 PM

Anthony Rizzo - .173
Starlin Castro - .178

Starting with the Auburn series, Renfroe is 32-117 ,273.....that's 2 months ago. And as I said, he feasted on Vandy's pen in their blowout of us and on UCA's depleted rotation or it would be lower than that. That is who he is. In his last 22 games- he has 11 RBI's batting in the 3-hole. And dont give me crap about walks- he's walked once in his last 11 games. Thats awful. He is damn sure not who we want up there with the game on the line.

Will James
06-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Starting with the Auburn series, Renfroe is 32-117 ,273.....that's 2 months ago. And as I said, he feasted on Vandy's pen in their blowout of us and on UCA's depleted rotation or it would be lower than that. That is who he is. In his last 22 games- he has 11 RBI's batting in the 3-hole. And dont give me crap about walks- he's walked once in his last 11 games. Thats awful. He is damn sure not who we want up there with the game on the line.

Frazier hit .234 in a stretch of the same length. It's not a slump, it's just averages working themselves out over the season. You can't expect to see a consistent batting average from any player over the course of a season.

Like I previously noted, since the end of the slump (which was May 23rd it hasnt continued to today) he is 16-39 hitting .410. I don't know what more you could ask for.

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 04:25 PM
hey coach: how can you respond to Will'd comment that renfroe is 16-39 (.410) since the end of the slump?

Coach34
06-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Frazier hit .234 in a stretch of the same length. It's not a slump, it's just averages working themselves out over the season. You can't expect to see a consistent batting average from any player over the course of a season.

ok- I dont think Frazier is going MLB either. But Frazier has gotten hot when we need him- Renfroe not so much. And everybodyknows Renfroe is not going to drive in a run in a big situation

Sandman14
06-18-2013, 05:26 PM
ok- I dont think Frazier is going MLB either. But Frazier has gotten hot when we need him- Renfroe not so much. And everybodyknows Renfroe is not going to drive in a run in a big situation

how about 8th inning of CWS against the 3-seed and down a run with a man on base? That not big enough for you? Because he hit a rocket off the thigh of one of the absolute best pitchers in the nation and legged out a freak attempt to gun him at first.

Coach34
06-18-2013, 05:28 PM
hey coach: how can you respond to Will'd comment that renfroe is 16-39 (.410) since the end of the slump?

I dont even acknowledge it because he is conveniently leaving off the 3-17 he put up vs SEC rotation pitchers- and starting with that 3-5 he got against Vandy's #4 or #5 SP.

He started the SEC Tourney 3-17 vs rotation pitchers- then put up a 3-5 in a blowout loss vs Vandy's lower staff
He started the Regional 3-13- then went 3-4 vs UCA's exhausted bullpen
He kicked ass in Game 1 vs Va- great game for him
Since then he is 3-12

If that's impressive to you- then you are easily impressed

Coach34
06-18-2013, 05:32 PM
how about 8th inning of CWS against the 3-seed and down a run with a man on base? That not big enough for you? Because he hit a rocket off the thigh of one of the absolute best pitchers in the nation and legged out a freak attempt to gun him at first.

That was a very good play and offset the double play he hit into in the 1st and the runner he left in scoring position in the 5th

Will James
06-18-2013, 05:33 PM
But Frazier has gotten hot when we need him- Renfroe not so much.

Renfroe has hit .382 in the tournament.

Will James
06-18-2013, 05:40 PM
He started the Regional 3-13- then went 3-4 vs UCA's exhausted bullpen

Frazier started the regional 2-12 then went 2-5 vs UCA's exhausted bullpen

He kicked ass in Game 1 vs Va- great game for him
Frazier kicked ass in Game 1 vs Virginia - great game for him

Since then he is 3-12
So?

You are wrong on this, and using a 3 game sample size where he's hitting .250 does not mean anything. It's not like he's 0-8 in Omaha. He has gotten hot for us at the right time, he's hitting .382 in the tourney. I am impressed.

If that's impressive to you- then you are easily impressed

nm

Sandman14
06-21-2013, 10:59 PM
with the game on the line?

1. Rea
2. Frazier
3. Porter
4. Hendo
5. Pirtle
6. Detz
7. Frosty
8. Renfroe
9. All about the same at this point.

Hmmm....so you'd rather have frost up than Renfroe...makes sense...

Coach34
06-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Hmmm....so you'd rather have frost up than Renfroe...makes sense...

absolutely

Renfroe had a big HR today- but he is still just 3-12 in the CWS

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2013, 11:06 PM
2 of froes hits in world series are chicken shit weak hits .There are minimum 4 hitters in our lineup you want up there before him.

Froe isnt in a slump. He is being the hitter he has always been for 3 years except for 6 weeks.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Fact is, blind squirrel finds a nut. Froe couldnt score on an ole miss recruiting weekend.

Clutch you want frazier, wes or even hendo up there

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Dp

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2013, 11:14 PM
Btw, when i pointed out that froe sucked in clutch 2 month ago, i find it funny that he has 2 clutch hits in that time since everyone started paying attention. 2 meaninful hits in 6 weeks and 1 hr in 6 weeks...hmmmm

Sandman14
06-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Renfroe has been one of the most important players this postseason. For the life of me I can't figure out why you guys hold it against him that he's not doing .475 with a bomb every 3 games. He's a 5-tool kid that, along with about 3 other guys, is carrying the baseball team currently. He's making the plays in the clutch to win these baseball games at Omaha. What more can you want.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Except that he isnt carrying the team and hasnt since the end of april. Carry on

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Ross,
Chad
Adam
Wes

All players carrying our team but continue to let the announcers cum in your mouth about froe and holder

Sandman14
06-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Ross and Chad are no more important than Renfroe. They are very important, and maybe you could say "as" important, but they are not more important to this team. If we had to do without one of the three, it certainly would not be Renfroe.

Frazier and Wes are definitely in the group that Renfroe is in with carrying this team.

Sandman14
06-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Take your best defender/arm out of the lineup. Take your best baserunner out. Take your best power/RBI threat out of the lineup. Take your No. 2 batting average out of the lineup. Take the guy out who just single handedly won the game to put us in the championship with a laser...a guy who strikes fear into opposing teams.

Sandman14
06-21-2013, 11:36 PM
And don't patronize Holder. The guy is the best. Period.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-21-2013, 11:38 PM
You pick renfroe out of those 4 as best for our team and you know jack shit about baseball.
Sorry

Sandman14
06-21-2013, 11:39 PM
who did that?

Sandman14
06-21-2013, 11:41 PM
For me it's Wes Rea.

I just got to thinking about how hot Frazier was..and he's still doing quite well... I have him over Renfroe after further thought.

Probably Renfro next. Maybe Girado.

Ross Mitchell and Holder tied for next maybe...

That's my list. Feel free to take a dump on it, as I'm sure you will.

Sandman14
06-21-2013, 11:42 PM
Holder has put folks on base but he's slammed the door on most of the games...he's not blown an opportunity. When he comes in, we win. It's over. It's just been a little messier than we had grown accustomed to when he was on the most remarkable run in history there mid-season....striking out 2 of every 3 batters.

Coach34
06-22-2013, 12:00 AM
Bottom line is Renfroe has been a .260 hitter since the Auburn series- and it wouldn't be that high without feasting on Vandy's midweek starters in the last game of the SEC Tourney and UCA's arm-weary staff in the last game of the Super. To say he has carried us in the postseason is a joke- I can list them game by game if you would like. He is hitting .250 in the CWS- even with that homer

He had a big knock today- it was his turn to come thru. Others have been doing for awhile now

Sandman14
06-22-2013, 12:32 AM
He's been doing it himself. I already told you the facts. He was an integral part of winning the first UVA game. So was Frazier. Then Renfroe had the triple with the game resuming with 2 strikes that turned out the be the game winner in UVA 2. Then Renfroe played a huge part, both offensively and defensively, in beating OSU the first time. Now he's won this game for us. So as far as the supers and Omaha, he's helped make the plays to win the games in 4 of 5.

What the heck is going on here? Are you blind?

Coach34
06-22-2013, 09:49 AM
He's been doing it himself.

What the heck is going on here? Are you blind?

What team are you watching?

He had a great in Game 1 vs Va

In Game 2 he went 1-4 with a triple and scored a run. His run was no more important Pirtle's, Rea's, Hendo's, etc...his just happened to be run number 6. I'd say Rea and Frazier were more important as they both drove in two runs

Played a huge part offensively vs OSU in Game 1? He went 1-4, hit into a double play and flew out to CF twice, and hit a single. That is in no way playing a huge part offensively.

Indiana he went 1-4 aGAIN with a boneheaded baserunning error-but he did score a big run. But hey, let's forget Pirtle went 3-5 and Rea 2-5and scored 3 runs combined. And Hendo went 2-4 with an RBI and a run scored

Frazier and Rea are our postseason offensive MVP's and it's not even close. I really question if you have watched the games