PDA

View Full Version : Braves

cbrunt29
12-19-2014, 09:34 AM
It's rumored that they're talks of sending Justin Upton to Padres. Any chance Renfroe could be playing in Atlanta soon?

msstate7
12-19-2014, 09:44 AM
I really wish it was will Myers. Doubtful, but hopeful. Tyson Ross is my favorite player in trade with Padres though

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Done deal - Renfroe is a Brave!

msstate7
12-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Done deal - Renfroe is a Brave!

Who else?

Bama_Dawg
12-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Who else?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/braves-finalzing-justin-upton-trade.html

VandelayIndustries
12-19-2014, 10:08 AM
baseball source: Max Fried is in Upton deal to #Braves. Hunter Renfroe and Matt Wisler ARE NOT. #Padres

I hope this is wrong, would love Renfroe in a Braves uniform

Bama_Dawg
12-19-2014, 10:11 AM
baseball source: Max Fried is in Upton deal to #Braves. Hunter Renfroe and Matt Wisler ARE NOT. #Padres

I hope this is wrong, would love Renfroe in a Braves uniform

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/padres-to-acquire-justin-upton.html

No Renfroe if this IS the deal

msstate7
12-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Padres better rip on offense if Myers, jup, and kemp are their outfield. Poor defense...

Smitty
12-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Padres better rip on offense if Myers, jup, and kemp are their outfield. Poor defense...

Lots of OF to cover in that division.. Huge areas of grass in the NL West.

VandelayIndustries
12-19-2014, 10:25 AM
‏@JonHeymanCBS
lhp max fried, ss jace peterson, 3b dustin peterson, of mallex smith going to braves for justin upon and low-level player

Tbonewannabe
12-19-2014, 10:28 AM
So we give up one of the best lf for a bunch of guys I have never heard of. Couldn't they at least take BJ also.

VandelayIndustries
12-19-2014, 10:38 AM
Well to be fair the Padres are probably only going to get JUP for one year, that's probably why the Braves didn't get some of their top prospects.

msstate7
12-19-2014, 10:40 AM
So we give up one of the best lf for a bunch of guys I have never heard of. Couldn't they at least take BJ also.

Fried was top 50 prospect before TJ. Smith stole 80 bases in low minors. Not sure bout others.

If fried bounces back from TJ, this could be good move. Jup is a 1-year rental.

I hope the Braves sign aoki to play LF

Tbonewannabe
12-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Fried was top 50 prospect before TJ. Smith stole 80 bases in low minors. Not sure bout others.

If fried bounces back from TJ, this could be good move. Jup is a 1-year rental.

I hope the Braves sign aoki to play LF

Or he has another TJ and they release him.

Tbonewannabe
12-19-2014, 10:44 AM
I would be happy if they were able to unload BJ somehow.

msstate7
12-19-2014, 10:45 AM
I would be happy if they were able to unload BJ somehow.

Can't see that happening. Hopefully bj bounces back now that jup is gone. Sibling rivalry and junk... #reaching

starkvegasdawg
12-19-2014, 10:51 AM
Oh well. Thought there for a minute I might have a reason to watch the Braves again next year.

Is it just me or do the Braves remind at least a little of our basketball team? Under the old management they went to the playoffs every year but never really made much noise save for one season. Then he leaves and a new coach comes in and the team sucks so bad their mascot should be a Dyson vacuum cleaner.

dawgs
12-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Braves would have to eat a lot of bj's contract to get anyone to take him.

shoeless joe
12-19-2014, 11:00 AM
Can't see that happening. Hopefully bj bounces back now that jup is gone. Sibling rivalry and junk... #reaching

I actually think there may be something to that. Not necessarily sibling rivalry but maybe a "buddy buddy comfort zone" that led to some effort lacking in certain areas. I think some of the moves have reflected that. Look who's staying and look who's going, or who they are at least trying to get rid of.

Tbonewannabe
12-19-2014, 11:41 AM
So right now what is the lineup look like? Gattis in lf, Freddie at 1st, Bethan behind plate, CJ still at 3rd, new guy in right, BJ in CF, Simba at SS

Tbonewannabe
12-19-2014, 11:42 AM
Peralta at 2nd

msstate7
12-19-2014, 11:48 AM
My guess...

C - gattis
1b - ff
2b - callaspo
Ss - Simmons
3b - Cj
Rf - markakis
Cf - bj
Lf - FA

Teheran
Minor
Miller
Wood
FA

Tbonewannabe
12-19-2014, 11:53 AM
That lineup is depressing. McDowell better really be outstanding because his pitching staff isn't going to get much help.

dawgs
12-19-2014, 11:56 AM
The Braves do know the 2014 royals aren't a good model to follow to success, right?

LibraryDawg
12-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hart is making these moves, correct? Because we haven't hired a "GM" as far as I know.

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hart is making these moves, correct? Because we haven't hired a "GM" as far as I know.

Hart is President of Baseball Operations and John Coppolella is Asst. GM - there is no GM position currently.

VandelayIndustries
12-19-2014, 01:17 PM
That lineup is depressing. McDowell better really be outstanding because his pitching staff isn't going to get much help.

Yep pretty much will be lucky to win 75 games this year. Hopefully though the Bravos are building something for the future

dawgs
12-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Looks like the Braves are giving up on 2015-2016, targeting the 2017 opening of the new stadium + a lot of the nats talent coming up on free agent deals, so they'll likely lose a few guys.

Dawg61
12-19-2014, 03:18 PM
So right now what is the lineup look like? Gattis in lf, Freddie at 1st, Bethan behind plate, CJ still at 3rd, new guy in right, BJ in CF, Simba at SS

That looks like 3rd place at best.

KB21
12-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Yep pretty much will be lucky to win 75 games this year. Hopefully though the Bravos are building something for the future

They are attempting to rebuild their farm system, which declined DRAMATICALLY under Wren's watch. Think about this. Max Fried is now the 3rd best prospect in the Braves system according to MLB.com. Aroydis Viscaino is now the 5th best prospect in the system. Tyrell Jenkins is now the 9th best. Dustin Peterson is listed as the 13th best. Mallex Smith is the 17th.

VandelayIndustries
12-19-2014, 03:25 PM
They are attempting to rebuild their farm system, which declined DRAMATICALLY under Wren's watch. Think about this. Max Fried is now the 3rd best prospect in the Braves system according to MLB.com. Aroydis Viscaino is now the 5th best prospect in the system. Tyrell Jenkins is now the 9th best. Dustin Peterson is listed as the 13th best. Mallex Smith is the 17th.

Yea knew the farm system was pretty light, didn't realize that bad though. What does everyone think of trading Kimbrel? Would get a nice haul for him

msstate7
12-19-2014, 03:42 PM
Yea knew the farm system was pretty light, didn't realize that bad though. What does everyone think of trading Kimbrel? Would get a nice haul for him

I wanna see how we fill LF and 5th starter. If we get a decent starter, I think we could be better than last year pitching wise. Even getting rid of jup and jhey, I find it hard to believe we'll be as bad offensively as last season.

I want aoki in LF btw

If it does fall apart early, trade kimbrel at the deadline.

trob115
12-19-2014, 04:14 PM
I wanna see how we fill LF and 5th starter. If we get a decent starter, I think we could be better than last year pitching wise. Even getting rid of jup and jhey, I find it hard to believe we'll be as bad offensively as last season.

I want aoki in LF btw

If it does fall apart early, trade kimbrel at the deadline.

I agree with you. I still think we should trade kimbrel at the deadline regardless of our situation to capitalize off of a contenders needs. We could bring quite a haul of young top prospects. I'm not thrilled with the Jup trade due to the key piece being a guy coming off of TJ. I hope this move will jolt BJ and possibly a .240 avg with 20 hr season. Not holding my breathe though

Todd4State
12-19-2014, 04:25 PM

Trading for closers is kind of risky because there aren't very many Mariano Rivera's and they tend to have relatively short careers. So, a lot of times you can't get a big return for a closer.