PDA

View Full Version : Who's hosting OOB right now?

Dawg4Life
12-18-2014, 08:25 AM
I turned this on and Bo isn't hosting. This guy is educating me though. Here is what I've learned:

1. Florida is "not a lateral move" as Dan Mullen says. Florida is a "stronger program", etc. It was completely insulting.
2. Georgia Tech is now a close game because Geoff is gone.
3. Ole Miss got back into the recruiting game in the metro area because "maybe the coaches at MSU just thought they would show up on Friday night and stand by 'yours truly' and get a recruit." This led to him glorifying the last three recruiting classes for Freeze.
4. The Egg Bowl was not the fault of the coaches as "players just didn't tackle." He was specifically talking about Ingram who he "felt would have a big game." You watched a different game than I did if you feel this way.
5. As the show went to break, the clip was of Mullen after the Egg Bowl saying the defensive coaching job was pathetic.

This was in the first segment. Call me thin-skinned and sensitive, but I'm sick of our local guys doing this. We eat our own in this state at a rate that would make piranha proud.

StThierry
12-18-2014, 08:35 AM
I never listen when I hear he is hosting. So I changed the station immediately.

Jack Lambert
12-18-2014, 08:47 AM
He said that he agreed with Mullen that it was a lateral move. He said that a DC is a DC no matter where you go.

Dawg4Life
12-18-2014, 08:58 AM
He said that he agreed with Mullen that it was a lateral move. He said that a DC is a DC no matter where you go.

Not in the first segment. Said Florida had more tradition, money, etc. I came out of my seat when I heard it. He might change his mind later, but he said it.

MetEdDawg
12-18-2014, 09:04 AM

I still don't get this line of thinking by people. Same position does not always equal lateral move. Diaz did not lateral move from MTSU to us then lateral move from us to Texas. All three were completely different.

I'll use the same analogy I did a few days ago. If you teach in inner city Birmingham then get transferred to Mountain Brook, it's NOT a lateral move. You get paid the same. You do the same job. But the infrastructure of the institution you work for changes drastically which I believe must be taken into account when someone takes a similar job at a different place.

Even in the SEC positions aren't the same. Would going to Bama as the DC from being our DC be a lateral move? Hell no it's not and anyone that thinks so doesn't have the ability to look objectively at ours and Bama's current situation. Florida was a step up for Collins in both salary and in the national media attention. Florida is an established name brand. We are an establishing brand. Two different scenarios and that's the way it will be until we are able to bring more money to the table for salaries and are able to win consistently on the national stage.

Jack Lambert
12-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Not in the first segment. Said Florida had more tradition, money, etc. I came out of my seat when I heard it. He might change his mind later, but he said it.

You are correct about the 1st segment but when I heard it he had lumped that in with several other things about Mullen and that's where the confusion took place.

By the way I don't listen to Bo when he is hosting the show. This guy was way much better in the way he presents himself. Bo needs to go to some type of trainning. H says AUMMMM way too much.

I am going to add one more thing, FL football stadium is big and looks nice with the brick out side but when you walk into it, it is a dump and needs some serious updates. Their practice field is not all that great either. What they got going for them is leg and a lot of it. I can't hardly drive across their campus with out hitting someone because I am distracted.

Covercorner2
12-18-2014, 09:19 AM
He was asked about a coach leaving for another SEC school. In that sense it is lateral. He never compared UF and MSU, or even the two jobs. He was just simply describing moving from one SEC school to another. Of course going from MSU to UF and receiving higher pay is a better job, but he wasn't talking about that. He was just referring to UF and MSU being in the same conference. Again, this quote is being taken way out of context.

solodawg
12-18-2014, 09:20 AM
This damn idiot has done nothing but hammer us this morning. If I was a MSU recruit listening to OOB this morning I would probably have doubts. Talked about Freeze never leaving because it's his dream job and Mullen having no ties to MSU so what's keeping him here. This guy is riding Buckys cock...F him!!!

deltadawg99
12-18-2014, 11:22 AM
That guy was awful. He said initially that UF was not a lateral move and how much better UF was than us with everything, only to retract that and say that he agreed with Dan that it was a lateral move.

He talked about MSU, Collins and bashed Mullen for probably 20+ straight minutes.

EAVdog
12-18-2014, 11:40 AM
The part I listened to was pretty bad. Lots of Mullen to Michigan talk, no coaches want to work with Mullen, Collins left because he wanted to get away from Mullen, no mention of a 3yr contract at Florida.

The worst though was a caller, whom he seemed to agree with, who was saying Mullen would probably leave because all our good players are leaving and we'll "fall back in line" next year.

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Who was the host?

I've always wondered why the media has higher expectations of MSU than Ole Miss? Really, if you think about it, they do.

MadDawg
12-18-2014, 12:02 PM
The part I listened to was pretty bad. Lots of Mullen to Michigan talk, no coaches want to work with Mullen, Collins left because he wanted to get away from Mullen, no mention of a 3yr contract at Florida.

The worst though was a caller, whom he seemed to agree with, who was saying Mullen would probably leave because all our good players are leaving and we'll "fall back in line" next year.

I'm hearing a lot of this as well. Heard it the other night on Home Cookin'. Weiner just ripped MSU and Mullen unmercifully. Bought into every bear caller that talked up the "threw Collins under the bus" mantra and that Mullen was way too full of himself. He even took Mullen saying that as long as he is here we will have a good defense to mean Mullen claims he is the defensive mastermind and he doesn't need anyone else.

It's unreal how they twist Mullen's words.

M.Fillmore
12-18-2014, 07:38 PM
Tonight Weiner praised Rick Ray for being such a "class guy, unlike the football coach as MSU."

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Tonight Weiner praised Rick Ray for being such a "class guy, unlike the football coach as MSU."

He really said that or was it just inferred?

M.Fillmore
12-18-2014, 08:54 PM
He said it. I rarely listen to Weiner and I thought he was fair to MSU. This statement surprised me.

msstate7
12-18-2014, 09:01 PM

Translation... Thank you Rick ray for an interview. Screw you Dan mullen for being too good for my garbage little show

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-18-2014, 09:11 PM
He said it. I rarely listen to Weiner and I thought he was fair to MSU. This statement surprised me.

That shit pisses me off to no end. It's easy for these people to forget that Mullen does a ton of stuff off the field like his charity, but Mullen doesn't pimp that out like others would. OOB has been the only show that has remotely talked about Mullen going to Michigan and I don't get it. Maybe OOB is just trying to get listeners, but this is not the time of year to be pulling this.

msstate7
12-18-2014, 09:20 PM
That shit pisses me off to no end. It's easy for these people to forget that Mullen does a ton of stuff off the field like his charity, but Mullen doesn't pimp that out like others would. OOB has been the only show that has remotely talked about Mullen going to Michigan and I don't get it. Maybe OOB is just trying to get listeners, but this is not the time of year to be pulling this.

If we as state fans don't like what he's saying, don't listen. Quit following him on Twitter. By coming on here and talking about him, we give him more power.