PDA

View Full Version : All of you who wanted Stans gone so bad deserve this shit ass team so suck it up!

99jc
12-17-2014, 09:14 PM
If RR isn't gone after this season scott needs to be fired

msstate7
12-17-2014, 09:19 PM
Only problem is scott would probably hire Danny Henderson (assistant coach at Boise state)

I seen it dawg
12-17-2014, 09:30 PM

It's better than dealing with the ****ing garbage embarrassment stains made our program. We will fire ray and get a better coach. The floor embarrassment can be fixed.

defiantdog
12-17-2014, 09:34 PM

At least we didn't have teammates get into a fight on national television.

msstate7
12-17-2014, 09:36 PM

I'm not sure this team has any fight in them

Coach007
12-17-2014, 09:37 PM
It's better than dealing with the ****ing garbage embarrassment stains made our program. We will fire ray and get a better coach. The floor embarrassment can be fixed.

No... not even close. There was no plan by the AD evidently to replace "stains". How far from retirement was he? Maybe a better path would have been to give him that time to straighten up the team and start the process of "what if he retires? would you be interested?"

Say what you want about Stans, he won.. and your comment will never erase that from MSU history.

I seen it dawg
12-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Yeah he won. At some point the price of those victories overrides the worth of said victories. The program needed to be tore down and fixed. It's in that process.

HoopsDawg
12-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Only problem is scott would probably hire Danny Henderson (assistant coach at Boise state)

Who is Danny's assistant?

defiantdog
12-17-2014, 09:42 PM
I'm not sure this team has any fight in them

No doubt..... makes no sense

DudyDawg
12-17-2014, 09:43 PM
No... not even close. There was no plan by the AD evidently to replace "stains". How far from retirement was he? Maybe a better path would have been to give him that time to straighten up the team and start the process of "what if he retires? would you be interested?"

Say what you want about Stans, he won.. and your comment will never erase that from MSU history.

You honestly think what we are going through now and culminating in a loss to Arkansas state is worse than what we went through then culminating in being on sports center for our players fighting each other? In Hawaii??? How do you fight anyone in ****in hawaii. Much less a team mate. This isn't good. But it isn't as bad as that

I seen it dawg
12-17-2014, 09:44 PM
You honestly think what we are going through now and culminating in a loss to Arkansas state is worse than what we went through then culminating in being on sports center for our players fighting each other? In Hawaii??? How do you fight anyone in ****in hawaii. Much less a team mate. This isn't good. But it isn't as bad as that

Ditto.

msstate7
12-17-2014, 09:48 PM
I just wish Stansbury had kicked both players off the team for that fight. We'd most likely have stansbury and a winning basketball program tonight

defiantdog
12-17-2014, 09:49 PM
I just wish Stansbury had kicked both players off the team for that fight. We'd most likely have stansbury and a winning basketball program tonight

And Malik Newman locked up

Irondawg
12-17-2014, 09:49 PM
We don't need to rehas this for the 10,000 time. The program was basically where Jackie left football. He had lost the program and it was getting worse. We just happened to keep making NIT. Problem is we had NCAA talent.

Ideally we wouldn't have had to tear down the program but it happened after injuries and disciplinary actions. This ray got a pass until now and if we were fighting our tails off he'd probably even get a pass this year.

But we are not seeing the X and O improvement at this point or the hustle. And you've got to have that or talent to be a winning program. If you don't have either then it's time to find a new leader

DudyDawg
12-17-2014, 09:51 PM

Im not saying he was a bad coach. He wasn't and if he woulda handled it like that maybe you're right. Maybe not. No way to tell. But at the end of the day he didn't and we had no choice IMO. Maybe Ray can manage to turn it around. Though my faith is draining rapidly, I would much rather not see us on sportscenter than see us for something like a fight among the team

DudyDawg
12-17-2014, 09:52 PM
We don't need to rehas this for the 10,000 time. The program was basically where Jackie left football. He had lost the program and it was getting worse. We just happened to keep making NIT. Problem is we had NCAA talent.

Ideally we wouldn't have had to tear down the program but it happened after injuries and disciplinary actions. This ray got a pass until now and if we were fighting our tails off he'd probably even get a pass this year.

But we are not seeing the X and O improvement at this point or the hustle. And you've got to have that or talent to be a winning program. If you don't have either then it's time to find a new leader

Spot on.

TopDog58
12-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Who cares. The sport of college basketball as a whole is garbage. The SEC is Cheatapari and everbody else regardless. So ultimately what does it matter if we are 2nd or 14th in this joke of a league?

engie
12-17-2014, 10:17 PM
Matters alot to me...

Bo Darville
12-17-2014, 10:25 PM
In this case I will gladly take the ugly fat chick who is good with our kids, blows me every night, cooks well, shuts her mouth during ballgames, and keeps a clean house. (Ray's team)

It's better than being married to the hot chick who gives me sex once a month (but sleeps with the neighbor 4 times a week), nags during ballgames, tried to stab me while I was sleeping, keyed my car, and drained my bank account and retirement fund before she left me for my best friend. (Stansbury's team). And the bitch couldn't even make a grilled cheese.

sleepy dawg
12-17-2014, 10:25 PM

Not really sure we deserved it, but I guess we can't really be too pissed off. There was definitely a risk that we wouldn't make a good hire, but Stansbury's time was done as, now appears, is Ray's.

HancockCountyDog
12-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Matters alot to me...

I just don't see how anyone that loves MSU basketball can say that firing Stans has been good for MSU basketball.

Folks, we threw the baby out with the bath water.

We haven't played a meaningful game in 2 1/3 years, and it will be 3 years by the time this season is mercifully over.

I'd love to be arguing about how are Tourney talent isn't performing up to it's potential by only winning 22 games.

Dawg61
12-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Make a splash hirer. Spend $2.5 mill or whatever it takes.

DudyDawg
12-17-2014, 10:32 PM
I'd love to be arguing about how are Tourney talent isn't performing up to it's potential by only winning 22 games.

That wasn't the only issue though.

engie
12-17-2014, 10:32 PM
I just don't see how anyone that loves MSU basketball can say that firing Stans has been good for MSU basketball.

We haven't played a meaningful game in 2 1/3 years, and it will be 3 years by the time this season is mercifully over.

The last guy went further than Stans. Hiring badly is immaterial to the fact that his road at MSU had ended.

DudyDawg
12-17-2014, 10:35 PM

Avery Johnson

TheDogFather
12-17-2014, 10:38 PM

You think what we have now is not an embarrassment? Interesting.

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2014, 10:42 PM
If you had given Stans one year to "turn it around" ( didn't we win 20 that year?) and if he didn't then fired him, we would have been able to make a better hire. That firing was perceived much differently outside MSU circles. 10 years.

HancockCountyDog
12-17-2014, 10:53 PM
By the way, john Brady basically trolled our entire team.

engie
12-17-2014, 11:00 PM

I'm with you. "Solid" is not good enough for the situation we're in. Need a slam dunk -- and it doesn't even matter if we have to overpay to do it....

cheewgumm
12-17-2014, 11:05 PM
I didn't realize anybody even watched our bball team
Anymore. Shocked.

msstate7
12-17-2014, 11:09 PM
I didn't realize anybody even watched our bball team
Anymore. Shocked.

There's a few, but it'll be nobody if we don't turn this around. Men's basketball ticket sales will rival women's soccer soon

CadaverDawg
12-17-2014, 11:16 PM
I probably can't even tell you who a slam dunk would be at this point. It has been so long since we've been worth a ****, I haven't wanted to watch any basketball. We have to make a change, but I'd rather let Mullen and Cohen hire the basketball coach than Stricklin at this point. Someone tell Scott to hire the best Division 2 coach before he comes flying back in town with the next Rick Ray. I'm scared shitless that we'll fire Ray and end up with ****ing Jackson state's water boy as our next coach.

Side note: Sad but true....I was going to make a joke about our next coach being the 2nd assistant at a place like Ball state....but then I googled Ball State's assistants, and their 2nd assistant has a better resume than Rick Ray. (Or he's been a part of better teams and programs). Not lying, look...
http://ballstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=62161&SPID=6786&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=14200&ATCLID=209517615&Q_SEASON=2014

So even in an attempt at humor, I was disappointed to find out that Ball state has an assistant that is likely better than our head coach. SMDH

Todd4State
12-17-2014, 11:24 PM
What the f*** is up with all of this "you guys who didn't want Stans are getting what you deserved" BS? I HATE it when State fans do this. Some of us would rather "be right" than win. The problem is we ALL are suffering.

If Stansbury is so good, how come he isn't the head coach somewhere else right now? There is NO guarantee that we would be better right now with Stansbury.

The REAL problem is Scott made a bad hire with Ray. At least when you get to the root of it. If he had made a good hire, we would have had success by now. Sort of like if we had hired Jimbo Fisher instead of Croom after Jackie.

HancockCountyDog
12-17-2014, 11:29 PM
What the f*** is up with all of this "you guys who didn't want Stans are getting what you deserved" BS? I HATE it when State fans do this. Some of us would rather "be right" than win. The problem is we ALL are suffering.

If Stansbury is so good, how come he isn't the head coach somewhere else right now? There is NO guarantee that we would be better right now with Stansbury.

The REAL problem is Scott made a bad hire with Ray. At least when you get to the root of it. If he had made a good hire, we would have had success by now. Sort of like if we had hired Jimbo Fisher instead of Croom after Jackie.

Stans will most likely have a head job after this year. He has recruited A&M a tourney team at least. He will get another shot pretty soon.

TheDogFather
12-17-2014, 11:51 PM

We can't fight cause noone would win.

CadaverDawg
12-17-2014, 11:58 PM
We can't fight cause noone would win.

We would only connect on about 10% of our punches.

GTHOM
12-18-2014, 12:06 AM
i swear to God if we pay another awful basketball coach a million, let alone 2.5 million i will give up on stricklin. thank God we have good baseball and football coaches, because if they were all ray material.......God have mercy on our souls

Coach34
12-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Stands 3 years removed is working as an assistant. That wasnt by choice. If Stands was so good- he'd have another head gig by now. Bruce Pearl got hired a couple months before his show-cause ended- thats a real coach.

All Stands is doing now is making sure A&M keeps their HC

thf24
12-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Our current ineptitude has no bearing on whether or not Stansbury needed to go. I appreciate the many positive contributions Stansbury made to the program, and watching his teams brought me a ton of enjoyment during my time as a student. But if you don't think we needed a change post 2011-2012, then you don't know (or refuse to admit) the full extent of the terrible internal state of the program at that time, not to mention the underachievement given the level of talent. Everyone who supported hitting the reset button knew, or should have known, that we risked taking a dive and staying down for a while. Just because we're bad now and seem like we're going to have to look elsewhere for an answer doesn't mean that we made the wrong move in 2012.

ScoobaDawg
12-18-2014, 12:18 AM

One does not equal the other.

It was past time for Rick to go... Scott made a SHITTY hire and we are paying the price, that is on Scott not because Rick would of done a little better while the program continued to fall apart..

MSUDawg4Life
12-18-2014, 12:22 AM
It was time for Stans to go. No ifs, ands or buts about it. The ship had burned and sank. Time to go.

Rick Ray was brought in to salvage the wreckage. He's done that. There is no need to bash Rick Ray. Thank him for his service and move on. Go hire Gregg Marshall and call it a day.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 06:45 AM
You think what we have now is not an embarrassment? Interesting.

No it's losing. It's not fighting in the stands which is embarrassing.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 06:45 AM
In this case I will gladly take the ugly fat chick who is good with our kids, blows me every night, cooks well, shuts her mouth during ballgames, and keeps a clean house. (Ray's team)

It's better than being married to the hot chick who gives me sex once a month (but sleeps with the neighbor 4 times a week), nags during ballgames, tried to stab me while I was sleeping, keyed my car, and drained my bank account and retirement fund before she left me for my best friend. (Stansbury's team). And the bitch couldn't even make a grilled cheese.

Another winner

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 06:48 AM

It's good for MSU basketball to have discipline back in the program. So firing stains was GREAT for the program. It's hell and takes a few years to clean a program up. We are in that phase.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 06:50 AM
By the way, john Brady basically trolled our entire team.

Yeah that really stings. John Brady. John Brady. Who gives a monkey **** what John Brady thinks. That guy has really done well for himself....LSU to Arkansas St....

msstate7
12-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Yeah that really stings. John Brady. John Brady. Who gives a monkey **** what John Brady thinks. That guy has really done well for himself....LSU to Arkansas St....

John Brady has been the ncaa tourney 4 times with a sweet 16 and final 4 appearance. Brady's also won 19 the last 2 seasons at ark st. Brady beat ray like a step child last night. Brady >>>> ray. I'd trade straight up right now

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 07:14 AM
John Brady has been the ncaa tourney 4 times with a sweet 16 and final 4 appearance. Brady's also won 19 the last 2 seasons at ark st. Brady beat ray like a step child last night. Brady >>>> ray. I'd trade straight up right now

Well like Stansbury and Payne why isn't he a HC at a big program in the sec....

msstate7
12-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Well like Stansbury and Payne why isn't he a HC at a big program in the sec....

I think the more pressing question is why is ray?

dawgoneyall
12-18-2014, 07:41 AM
Well, to get rid of fleas one doesn't have to set the dog on fire.

Barking 13
12-18-2014, 07:41 AM

LMAO

NewTweederEndzoneDance
12-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Well, to get rid of fleas one doesn't have to set the dog on fire.

Well, if you get rid of the fleas and still have a bunch of lime disease infested ticks hanging off of the dog, you're still screwed. The root of our problems back then were not Sidney and the players. They were the symptoms for sure, but the root of the problem went back to why they were still, or ever, on the team. That's a coaching and program control issue.

Anyone who says that Stansbury "should've gotten one year to clean it up" is trying to rewrite history. He had already been given that year to clean it up, and he didn't clean up anything. It has been rehashed so many times that anyone still shouting "I told you so" over Stansbury's dismissal should be slapped.

I've been all for giving Ray a chance, and now he's had his chance and it looks like he isn't going to cut it. Barring a dramatic turnaround, I'll be on the bandwagon of getting a new coach after this year.

MadDawg
12-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Stands 3 years removed is working as an assistant. That wasnt by choice. If Stands was so good- he'd have another head gig by now. Bruce Pearl got hired a couple months before his show-cause ended- thats a real coach.

All Stands is doing now is making sure A&M keeps their HC

Stans sucked as a coach. Anyone can win at MSU in this horrible league we play in. Anyone. Amirite?

Liverpooldawg
12-18-2014, 10:23 AM
All we had to do to get better immediately was fire Stans. He was the only thing holding us back. Yep.

TheDogFather
12-18-2014, 10:46 AM

You realize we lost to Arkansas State, right?

Remember Maine? Your fighting Rick Rays are the laughing stock of the SEC. I would venture to guess that Rick Ray's mom is embarrassed.

TheRef
12-18-2014, 10:55 AM

Remember Maine? Your fighting Rick Rays are the laughing stock of the SEC. I would venture to guess that Rick Ray's mom is embarrassed.

Maybe so...but at least we don't start off Sportscenter and ESPN.com with the headlines "Mississippi State players fight in stands" and video of our OWN PLAYERS fighting each other in the stands. Sure...the loss sucks. I hated that we lost. I was cussing out my tv when we lost. But I'd damn well take that over seeing our own shithead players fighting each other in the stands between games.

FFS people, if you can't realize that where we are now is a shit ton better than where we were, then you're either blind or you refuse to see what was wrong in the first place.

thf24
12-18-2014, 11:06 AM
FFS people, if you can't realize that where we are now is a shit ton better than where we were, then you're either blind or you refuse to see what was wrong in the first place.

This all day. And before anyone brings up anything about wins or the product on the court, that's not the point; the point is the position we're in as far as reputation and the attractiveness of the job. Those of you who say the Ray hire set us back 10 years don't have a clue. What would have set us back 10 years is if we'd kept Stansbury another two or three. The program was in a death spiral, and Stricklin hit the reset button in what he believed was the best way. If we don't get any better and it's clear at the end of the year that we need to make a coaching change, we are in an almost infinitely better position to make a quality hire, and anyone who doesn't see that doesn't want to see it.

HancockCountyDog
12-18-2014, 11:33 AM
It's good for MSU basketball to have discipline back in the program. So firing stains was GREAT for the program. It's hell and takes a few years to clean a program up. We are in that phase.

As long as you don't worry about W/L, it was GREAT for the program.

So you would rather have a team that goes 14-19 and have a yes sir/no sir bunch of players, as opposed to a 22-10 team where they may bark at the head coach? Im not sure SEC basketball is for you. Maybe you should follow Millsaps or Belhaven.

thf24
12-18-2014, 11:39 AM
So you would rather have a team that goes 14-19 and have a yes sir/no sir bunch of players, as opposed to a 22-10 team where they may bark at the head coach? Im not sure SEC basketball is for you. Maybe you should follow Millsaps or Belhaven.

If you think that was the full extent of the discipline and character issues at the end of Stansbury's tenure, then you don't have a clue what was actually going on.

War Machine Dawg
12-18-2014, 11:41 AM
Well, if you get rid of the fleas and still have a bunch of lime disease infested ticks hanging off of the dog, you're still screwed. The root of our problems back then were not Sidney and the players. They were the symptoms for sure, but the root of the problem went back to why they were still, or ever, on the team. That's a coaching and program control issue.

Anyone who says that Stansbury "should've gotten one year to clean it up" is trying to rewrite history. He had already been given that year to clean it up, and he didn't clean up anything. It has been rehashed so many times that anyone still shouting "I told you so" over Stansbury's dismissal should be slapped.

I've been all for giving Ray a chance, and now he's had his chance and it looks like he isn't going to cut it. Barring a dramatic turnaround, I'll be on the bandwagon of getting a new coach after this year.

http://i.imgur.com/xHFRtju.gif

NewTweederEndzoneDance
12-18-2014, 11:46 AM
How can this still be so hard for some people to understand, 3 whole years down the road?

1. We had to have a change in our basketball program, it was 1000% necessary.
2. We ALL want to be winning basketball games. Period.
3. If Ray cannot get this turned around at once, then we need to find another coach at the end of this year.
4. Our current failures in basketball do NOT equate in any way, shape, or form to the idea that we never should have made a change in the first place. It's not any harder a point to understand today than it was 3 years ago, yet some of you are so set in your ways that you either refuse to view the totality of the circumstances from any sort of objective and rational viewpoint, or you just lack the mental capacity to do so.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 11:51 AM

Yeah I do. And I also realize our program isn't a thug infested drug house like when we were on Sportscenter embarrassing the university for shit not having to do with basketball.

War Machine Dawg
12-18-2014, 11:53 AM

A lot of that is also something we've talked about ad nauseum over the years: MSU fans tend to be more loyal to a coach than the program. Most of them think the Coach = Program. Stands HAD to go. We've discussed the problems repeatedly and there's no point in rehashing. But virtually everything wrong with the program was traceable back to Stands and his lack of discipline/control. Hell, the problems with football at the end of JWS's tenure were minor compared to basketball's.

And you astutely point out the real problem here: Scott made an awful hire with Ray. Ray is his Croom in many ways, but it was a necessary role. He has come in, instilled discipline, made players work, and cleaned up the program. I hate losing, but if you can't admit we're in a hell of a lot better position to hire a replacement for Ray, you're fooling yourself. The only question is whether or not Scott can admit his mistakes and mend fences with the college basketball Powers That Be instead of going out of his way to prove he is his own guy and will hire who he wants. Payne may not have been the answer any more than Ray, but you don't tell the guys who run the college basketball gravy train to **** themselves and expect everything to end well.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Those that can't see the difference in what the shit we have now and the shit we had with stains are morons. The shit stains had had nothing to do with basketball and was a product of him not having any control. The shit now is lack of talent and coaching. 2 different piles of shit but the latter can be easily fixed as the former is crushing to a program and is harder to clean up.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 11:57 AM
A lot of that is also something we've talked about ad nauseum over the years: MSU fans tend to be more loyal to a coach than the program. Most of them think the Coach = Program. Stands HAD to go. We've discussed the problems repeatedly and there's no point in rehashing. But virtually everything wrong with the program was traceable back to Stands and his lack of discipline/control. Hell, the problems with football at the end of JWS's tenure were minor compared to basketball's.

And you astutely point out the real problem here: Scott made an awful hire with Ray. Ray is his Croom in many ways, but it was a necessary role. He has come in, instilled discipline, made players work, and cleaned up the program. I hate losing, but if you can't admit we're in a hell of a lot better position to hire a replacement for Ray, you're fooling yourself. The only question is whether or not Scott can admit his mistakes and mend fences with the college basketball Powers That Be instead of going out of his way to prove he is his own guy and will hire who he wants. Payne may not have been the answer any more than Ray, but you don't tell the guys who run the college basketball gravy train to **** themselves and expect everything to end well.

I don't understand how people can't see the simplicity in this. Obtuse idiots.

shannondawg
12-18-2014, 12:22 PM
So its cleaned up, what now?

MadDawg
12-18-2014, 12:29 PM

Doesn't really matter. We aren't "thug infested drug house" so it's all cool man. If you are upset about the current status of the program you are part of the problem.

Liverpooldawg
12-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Yeah I do. And I also realize our program isn't a thug infested drug house like when we were on Sportscenter embarrassing the university for shit not having to do with basketball.

We are a much bigger laughing stock now. We just lost to one of the worst teams in the country, at home, by double digits. That loss was as bad as Maine in football.

Liverpooldawg
12-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Maybe so...but at least we don't start off Sportscenter and ESPN.com with the headlines "Mississippi State players fight in stands" and video of our OWN PLAYERS fighting each other in the stands. Sure...the loss sucks. I hated that we lost. I was cussing out my tv when we lost. But I'd damn well take that over seeing our own shithead players fighting each other in the stands between games.

Yep, we are right back where we are supposed to be: lovable, nice, and losing like good ole MSU is supposed to. I liked winning better. From the looks of the crowds at the games a lot of others liked winning better too. We threw the baby out with the bathwater. I'm done here. This was predictable, AND IT WAS. It's time to get on with what has to be done now.

scottycameron
12-18-2014, 01:10 PM
why people who clean stuff up always got to be the shittiest coaches ever? can't somebody clean up and be at least a half ass coach too? Is this some kind of rule?

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 01:13 PM
We are a much bigger laughing stock now. We just lost to one of the worst teams in the country, at home, by double digits. That loss was as bad as Maine in football.

Bull ****ing shit it's not even close or debateable.

Dawg61
12-18-2014, 01:14 PM
why people who clean stuff up always got to be the shittiest coaches ever? can't somebody clean up and be at least a half ass coach too? Is this some kind of rule?

When the restaurant is filled with rats you don't hire the 4* chef to clean it up.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 01:16 PM
Doesn't really matter. We aren't "thug infested drug house" so it's all cool man. If you are upset about the current status of the program you are part of the problem.

It's not cool. We suck and we need a new coach. Nobody ever said that you're part of the problem if you are upset about the current state of the program. Hell we all should be upset. Something you can't debate is the fact it's cleaned up and not a thug infested drug house anymore. No reason we can't win and not be pieces of shit while doing it. We need a new coach to get us to the winning part. Ray did his job of cleaning up the shit.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Yep, we are right back where we are supposed to be: lovable, nice, and losing like good ole MSU is supposed to. I liked winning better. From the looks of the crowds at the games a lot of others liked winning better too. We threw the baby out with the bathwater. I'm done here. This was predictable, AND IT WAS. It's time to get on with what has to be done now.

The program is cleaned up. The baby needed to go out with the bath water. The baby was taking a shit all in it. Now we need a new coach to make us respectable again.

Dawg61
12-18-2014, 01:22 PM
Bull ****ing shit it's not even close or debateable.

There's two kinds of laughing stocks. Stansbury's last team would beat this team by thirty and that's with no S&C program, three guys that smoked a blunt pregame and Sidney walking up and down the court and Jimmy Dykes circling the lack of hustle on every replay. They were a laughing stock but this team is just terrible on the court. I don't want either kinds of laughing stocks.

scottycameron
12-18-2014, 01:28 PM
The program is cleaned up. The baby needed to go out with the bath water. The baby was taking a shit all in it. Now we need a new coach to make us respectable again.

the problem with that is that it would have cleaned itself up anyway. Players come and go, those responsible for the embarrassment were leaving anyway. We'd be minus those guys with Stans or Ray. Plus it's basketball and that's part of it. We're not talking about the Crew or Polo team here.

MadDawg
12-18-2014, 01:51 PM
the problem with that is that it would have cleaned itself up anyway. Players come and go, those responsible for the embarrassment were leaving anyway. We'd be minus those guys with Stans or Ray. Plus it's basketball and that's part of it. We're not talking about the Crew or Polo team here.

We could have accomplished the same thing a lot cheaper by just shuttering the basketball program for 3-4 years and starting over. Which is basically what we did - only to the tune of a million+ per year.

Acid mouth
12-18-2014, 01:55 PM

This is one of the dumbest things I've heard in awhile. Thanks for the laugh!

thf24
12-18-2014, 01:55 PM

No, it would not have. The problem wasn't a few players; the players were only a symptom. The problem was a poisonous culture created by Stansbury going hands off and allowing the inmates to run the asylum. As long as there were players to carry it over, it would have continued. The situation wasn't just magically going to clean itself up without a complete reset.

scottycameron
12-18-2014, 02:09 PM

I think that was a typo. I took it he meant "aren't upset" instead of "are upset". (if not I agree with you, dumbest for me also).

drunkernhelldawg
12-18-2014, 03:50 PM
This reminds me of the folks saying Bill Clinton's infidelity was ruining the morals of their daughters. Piety is never impressive. It is also seldom genuine. Or justified by the true behavior of those who preach with it.

Dawg61
12-18-2014, 04:09 PM

Nope what's dumb is that you need the sarcasteriks to detect sarcasm.

scottycameron
12-18-2014, 04:19 PM
When the restaurant is filled with rats you don't hire the 4* chef to clean it up.

Good point. But I'm not talking about a 4* chef, just somebody smart enough to turn an oven on without hurting hissself.

Acid mouth
12-18-2014, 04:24 PM
Nope what's dumb is that you need the sarcasteriks to detect sarcasm.

He wasn't being sarcastic. After reading a select few of your post, I recant my statement. Your post saying "Ray wasn't hired to win" is the absolute dumbest statement ever made. What does that even mean?? Post less please

Jack Lambert
12-18-2014, 04:32 PM

Yeah but JWS was dealing with the NCAA for the last three years at state and what did they fine? Little to nothing. Also JWS is still a team player for Miss State.

Todd4State
12-18-2014, 04:47 PM

We hire a better coach. It's not rocket science. And it's really not that big of a deal.

Dawg61
12-18-2014, 04:49 PM
He wasn't being sarcastic. After reading a select few of your post, I recant my statement. Your post saying "Ray wasn't hired to win" is the absolute dumbest statement ever made. What does that even mean?? Post less please

Acid mouth more like Ass mouth. Ask him if he was being sarcastic dumbass. Ray was hired to clean up the program. Not win. Thought that was self explanatory but then again you need asterisks on blatant sarcasm.

Todd4State
12-18-2014, 04:57 PM

I don't think it has to be mutually exclusive. Cohen had to change the attitude of our players and our program- granted he didn't have anyone remotely close to Sidney and people smoking pot, but still. But after he changed the attitude of the team lo and behold they started to win.

I don't think Croom or Ray were hired with the intention that they wouldn't win. At some point that has to be part of the equation. Even as dumb as Croom was, he realized he had to be winning in seven years or whatever ridiculous it was.

The problem is you have to get someone good. And the issue with MSU in all sports is our administration tends to wait way too long to make a change. And they only make changes if things turn into a dumpster fire. That's how you end up with a massive rebuilding project and it makes it hard to get someone good in that is willing to fix it. You don't give a coach 2-3 years to "see if he can turn it around because he made the Peach Bowl one time".

scottycameron
12-18-2014, 05:10 PM
I don't think it has to be mutually exclusive. Cohen had to change the attitude of our players and our program- granted he didn't have anyone remotely close to Sidney and people smoking pot, but still. But after he changed the attitude of the team lo and behold they started to win.

I don't think Croom or Ray were hired with the intention that they wouldn't win. At some point that has to be part of the equation. Even as dumb as Croom was, he realized he had to be winning in seven years or whatever ridiculous it was.

The problem is you have to get someone good. And the issue with MSU in all sports is our administration tends to wait way too long to make a change. And they only make changes if things turn into a dumpster fire. That's how you end up with a massive rebuilding project and it makes it hard to get someone good in that is willing to fix it. You don't give a coach 2-3 years to "see if he can turn it around because he made the Peach Bowl one time".

good point.

Acid mouth
12-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Acid mouth more like Ass mouth. Ask him if he was being sarcastic dumbass. Ray was hired to clean up the program. Not win. Thought that was self explanatory but then again you need asterisks on blatant sarcasm.

So Scott hired Ray to "clean up" the program but didn't care if he won? Think about how little sense that makes. Ray makes roughly 1 million per year. Why pay a coach that kind of money and not expect to win?? What is self explanatory is that it would take Ray 2 years to get the team competitive. Then, I'm sure Scott expected Ray to win and be "our" coach for the foreseeable future. So far, he has failed miserably. Not hired to win... I would really hate to hear some of your other delusional thoughts about State athletics.

Todd4State
12-18-2014, 05:54 PM
So Scott hired Ray to "clean up" the program but didn't care if he won? Think about how little sense that makes. Ray makes roughly 1 million per year. Why pay a coach that kind of money and not expect to win?? What is self explanatory is that it would take Ray 2 years to get the team competitive. Then, I'm sure Scott expected Ray to win and be "our" coach for the foreseeable future. So far, he has failed miserably. Not hired to win... I would really hate to hear some of your other delusional thoughts about State athletics.

It makes even less sense considering that Ray failing will have a direct impact on Scott's performance as an AD.

The truth is Ray was brought in to clean up the program AND win.

dawgoneyall
12-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Not disagreeing. We got rid of the fleas but set the dog on fire with Ray.

We could have and should have done better.

IMissJack
12-18-2014, 07:04 PM
We have screwed up in 4 years what Richard Williams built and Stans carried for over 20 years.

thf24
12-18-2014, 09:00 PM
The truth is Ray was brought in to clean up the program AND win.

I'll split the middle and say that I think Ray was brought primarily in to clean up the program, and hopefully win too. Stricklin would have hired a Kenny Payne type if he wanted to continue winning right off but risk continuing on the same cancerous path we were on. No one who was both a sure fire winner and a (relative) Mr. Clean was interested in our job then. But it's ridiculous to say that Stricklin hired Ray only to clean up, knowing he would eventually need to be replaced.

We have screwed up in 4 years what Richard Williams built and Stans carried for over 20 years.

Stansbury screwed up in his last five years what Richard Williams built and he carried for the first nine. Hiring Ray, at worst, simply prolonged the rebuild. If you believe otherwise, either you don't know the facts of the situation in 2012, or you're delusional.

mcdawg
12-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Yeah he won. At some point the price of those victories overrides the worth of said victories. The program needed to be tore down and fixed. It's in that process.

You got to be kidding me. We were good and fun to watch; Hump was packed; nobody cares. The only time anyone talks about basketball anymore is to joke about it. I have "donated" 4 lower level tickets for 3 years and will not buy them again - only have gone to 3 games and it was so boring I looked around and everyone was on their phones. MSU basketball, which was the only thing we had when football and baseball was down, is gone.

mcdawg
12-18-2014, 10:47 PM

Go ask anyone that lives outside of MS about it and they will not even remember it. It is nothing like we have now - a horrible team that nobody cares about or even goes to watch. My kids use to beg me to take them to games. I bought 6 tickets to the game in Jackson this Saturday and asked them if they wanted to go - they said heck no and they don't follow our basketball team any more. I will go see our women's team, but you couldn't pay me to go see our men's team. But, it was worse when we were on Sportscenter for a few days - give me a break.

DudyDawg
12-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Go ask anyone that lives outside of MS about it and they will not even remember it. It is nothing like we have now - a horrible team that nobody cares about or even goes to watch. My kids use to beg me to take them to games. I bought 6 tickets to the game in Jackson this Saturday and asked them if they wanted to go - they said heck no and they don't follow our basketball team any more. I will go see our women's team, but you couldn't pay me to go see our men's team. But, it was worse when we were on Sportscenter for a few days - give me a break.

What we have now is not good. At all. It blows. And ray needs to go unless he shows some huge change. But I don't see how it is debatable that we had to part way with stans.

Coackjek
12-19-2014, 07:58 AM

This^^^

Coackjek
12-19-2014, 08:13 AM
The Maine loss is now being brought up, but how long did it take to get us to where we are in football after that loss? It can happen. Stans was winning, sure, but we were still mid pack. Much better than we were previously but change needed to happen. This whole thing is much like the blueprint our football team went through. Beloved coach gives us winning record year after year but loses the team, gets fired, bring someone that would take the job, suffer through several years of complaining on message boards, hire someone to take us to the next level and we arrive at that next level. It sucks but there is always a process. We don't have a history of being an "elite" college so slam dunk hires won't happen after we lose someone. We are building our legacy in sports right now. If/when Dan leaves I believe it will be much easier to hire someone because the team has been redefined. This doesn't happen and takes longer after a cleansing. This is what happening in our basketball program now. A good thorough cleansing then believe it or not we will be able to make a higher quality hire. It happened with our football team why can't it happen our basketball team?

Political Hack
12-19-2014, 08:53 AM

one thing's for sure, this team doesn't have any fight in it.

Said it since the end of year 1 and got louder in year 2, and now it's obvious to everyone in year 3, Ricky Ray isn't the man to lead this program to the promise land. I don't blame him. I blame Strick for shitting the bed with the hire. It was a botched search. He ignored people he shouldn't have. Pissed off more people than he made happy, and gave us this glorious program we have in front of us.

There's a list of assistants a mile long that would've been better hires... most of which are still available. However, if Strick didn't learn any lessons from his last attempt I'm not sure the next coaching search will go any better.

Another thing: Does Strick have the stones to admit it was a bad hire 3 years in? If he doesn't, does it turn to El President to clean up the Ath dept and the basketball program?

HancockCountyDog
12-19-2014, 09:56 AM
The biggest concern I have is that he gets a fourth year, and he has a senior laden team that maybe wins 17 games (Woo ****ing Hoo) and he gets a fifth year where looking at the roster, we will be ****ing terrible.

MadDawg
12-19-2014, 10:57 AM

Yes, I was being sarcastic. And yes, my dumbass left off the ***.

Goat from MSU
12-19-2014, 11:17 AM
The next 5 games will tell what will happen to Ray ,He MUST win all 5 no exceptions ,lose one He is gone at end of year . Strick got to man up and cut him or this could take 10 years to right it.
The biggest concern I have is that he gets a fourth year, and he has a senior laden team that maybe wins 17 games (Woo ****ing Hoo) and he gets a fifth year where looking at the roster, we will be ****ing terrible.

RougeDawg
12-19-2014, 12:17 PM
The Maine loss is now being brought up, but how long did it take to get us to where we are in football after that loss? It can happen. Stans was winning, sure, but we were still mid pack. Much better than we were previously but change needed to happen. This whole thing is much like the blueprint our football team went through. Beloved coach gives us winning record year after year but loses the team, gets fired, bring someone that would take the job, suffer through several years of complaining on message boards, hire someone to take us to the next level and we arrive at that next level. It sucks but there is always a process. We don't have a history of being an "elite" college so slam dunk hires won't happen after we lose someone. We are building our legacy in sports right now. If/when Dan leaves I believe it will be much easier to hire someone because the team has been redefined. This doesn't happen and takes longer after a cleansing. This is what happening in our basketball program now. A good thorough cleansing then believe it or not we will be able to make a higher quality hire. It happened with our football team why can't it happen our basketball team?

Do what? Huh? Football and basketball ate completely different monsters, before you take into account the strengths of the SECWest in basketball and football. A basketball program can be turned around in 1 season with a couple good players that are recruited. Basketball is much easier to turnaround if you have a decent recruiting coach. Instead we hire a monotone, passive, coach that lacks animation and fails to express passion. That's why Ray had not recruited well and why they players he has recruited, don't give a shit. RR coaches and recruits as if Strick told him up front "You have 5-6 years" to clean up and turn around this program." That would explain his lack it urgency on the court and recruiting trail. If Strick gave this type of promise he needs to go as well. Strick also seems complacent on out basketball situation, which is equally disturbing. The longer he is around the more I start to think we may need to go another direction in the Bryan building as well.

msumudcat
12-19-2014, 12:48 PM

Amen brother. Comedy of errors with Rick. The guy freaking won. Sorry C34 but Stans just won. During his tenure, won more games of any SEC program but KY. We lost to a juco team last night. Unacceptable.

DudyDawg
12-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Jeff Capel, Avery Johnson if we could afford him. That would be where I start. Capel was a pretty good coach at OU and now he's behind K at Duke, so I'm sure he's even better

engie
12-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Amen brother. Comedy of errors with Rick. The guy freaking won. Sorry C34 but Stans just won. During his tenure, won more games of any SEC program but KY. We lost to a juco team last night. Unacceptable.

If you are going to argue the point, get the punchline right...

Dawg61
12-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Jeff Capel, Avery Johnson if we could afford him. That would be where I start. Capel was a pretty good coach at OU and now he's behind K at Duke, so I'm sure he's even better

I want a coach that will turn us into a deadly shooting team. I want a guy that will recruit outside the South and will recruit international players. I want Gonzaga 2.0. Think John Stockton is bored yet? His son won't be going pro. Mark Few ain't going anywhere anytime soon so Gonzaga can't offer him. Stockton has surrounded himself around Gonzaga since he retired.

DudyDawg
12-19-2014, 03:24 PM
I want a coach that will turn us into a deadly shooting team. I want a guy that will recruit outside the South and will recruit international players. I want Gonzaga 2.0. Think John Stockton is bored yet? His son won't be going pro. Mark Few ain't going anywhere anytime soon so Gonzaga can't offer him. Stockton has surrounded himself around Gonzaga since he retired.

I don't want Stockton. I would love few but he ain't leaving. People complain about Rays resume as a coach. Stockton has none. I think Capel would be a great fit. History as a head coach and you look at at guys who have been assistants under great coaches like K or Pop and they usually succeed.

archdog
12-19-2014, 04:59 PM
There's a few, but it'll be nobody if we don't turn this around. Men's basketball ticket sales will rival women's soccer soon

I counted dozens of people in the stands the other night. Dozens. It is also the first game I have watched (thanks SECN) in years. My devotion to the team is indicative of the situation. The fight happened, and since then I haven't been prompted to pay attention since. I now live in Columbus and I definitely want to get involved in the basketball team. I didn't miss a home game in 4 years when I was a student. It was the best part of the sports year. Since Hawaii, I couldn't care less about it. Now that I have moved closer to Starkville, I want to care. Ray isn't getting the X and O done. The team looks like a really good JV high school team right now. No defense, no offense. Nothing. I am ready to start caring again. I just don't know if Ray can get us to decent.

CadaverDawg
12-19-2014, 07:31 PM
I keep seeing people say "If Ray doesn't turn this thing around soon...". Seriously? You haven't seen enough? I don't give a shit what he does from this point forward...after that ASU loss, we probably couldnt make the damn NIT if we won out*. The effort and body language told me everything I needed to see the other night. The Rick Ray fiasco is over. Now whether we sit around on our asses and allow it to get even worse, is the question. He wouldn't have had a job when he got to his office after the ASU game if I were AD....but then again, he wouldn't have ever been employed by MSU had I been AD.

Do you guys realize that Hack is not exaggerating when he says there is a list a mile long of better choices than Ray. Stricklin didn't just fail at that hire....he crapped every pair of pants in his wardrobe. I think Stricklin is a good guy, but all the anger shot towards Stans, Ray, and our bball program, needs to be redirected at Stricklin for making the worst hire in the history of college athletics. We could have gotten Rick Ray for football Season Tickets and a pack of cigarettes.....but instead we pay him a million ****ing dollars. 1 million per year for this shit. We could have hired a coach and hired Ray as that coach's assistant for about 150k. Stricklin ****ed this shit up.

NCDawg
12-19-2014, 07:55 PM
I keep seeing people say "If Ray doesn't turn this thing around soon...". Seriously? You haven't seen enough? I don't give a shit what he does from this point forward...after that ASU loss, we probably couldnt make the damn NIT if we won out*. The effort and body language told me everything I needed to see the other night. The Rick Ray fiasco is over. Now whether we sit around on our asses and allow it to get even worse, is the question. He wouldn't have had a job when he got to his office after the ASU game if I were AD....but then again, he wouldn't have ever been employed by MSU had I been AD.

Do you guys realize that Hack is not exaggerating when he says there is a list a mile long of better choices than Ray. Stricklin didn't just fail at that hire....he crapped every pair of pants in his wardrobe. I think Stricklin is a good guy, but all the anger shot towards Stans, Ray, and our bball program, needs to be redirected at Stricklin for making the worst hire in the history of college athletics. We could have gotten Rick Ray for football Season Tickets and a pack of cigarettes.....but instead we pay him a million ****ing dollars. 1 million per year for this shit. We could have hired a coach and hired Ray as that coach's assistant for about 150k. Stricklin ****ed this shit up.

No doubt about it. Borders on a fireable offense imo.

shannondawg
12-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Everybody to a man is pissed off about the Arkansas State game, You know what really pisses me off? I just realized I got to pay the $1000 premium on my seats at the Hump before the first of the year to get my tax credit, knowing I might not make a game, other than the TAMU game to see Stansbury.

Liverpooldawg
12-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Stans' last team would have beaten this team by 30. To me that is all you need to know. We made a huge mistake in firing Stans but that is water under the bridge now. What matters now is getting back to where we have at least a chance to get back to at least where we were that year. It's time to make a change NOW. I hope I change my mind Tuesday night, as of now I'll be at that game. I seriously doubt I will.

Coackjek
12-19-2014, 11:09 PM
Do what? Huh? Football and basketball ate completely different monsters, before you take into account the strengths of the SECWest in basketball and football. A basketball program can be turned around in 1 season with a couple good players that are recruited. Basketball is much easier to turnaround if you have a decent recruiting coach. Instead we hire a monotone, passive, coach that lacks animation and fails to express passion. That's why Ray had not recruited well and why they players he has recruited, don't give a shit. RR coaches and recruits as if Strick told him up front "You have 5-6 years" to clean up and turn around this program." That would explain his lack it urgency on the court and recruiting trail. If Strick gave this type of promise he needs to go as well. Strick also seems complacent on out basketball situation, which is equally disturbing. The longer he is around the more I start to think we may need to go another direction in the Bryan building as well.

So, why is Bruce Pearl struggling at Auburn? If good recruiting can turn around a team in one season and all. Granted the season is still young and everything. Yes, I think he will have Auburn giving people fits but it's not as easy as you think. It still takes time. The teams that seem to come out of no where are often SR. driven teams. They have played together for years. Look at the Cinderella teams each year, it wasn't one game changer that got them there it was a team. On your statement about a few good players. Same could be said about football. Main difference is the amount you have playing at one time. You get a game changing running back and receiver and everything changes. Of course one player won't do it on the football field but neither will one the basketball court. All things equal you have 5 on a basketball court 11 on football field.

FWIW I'm done with the BB team until something changes. Ray has had his chance.

engie
12-19-2014, 11:28 PM
I keep seeing people say "If Ray doesn't turn this thing around soon...". Seriously? You haven't seen enough? I don't give a shit what he does from this point forward...after that ASU loss, we probably couldnt make the damn NIT if we won out*. The effort and body language told me everything I needed to see the other night. The Rick Ray fiasco is over. Now whether we sit around on our asses and allow it to get even worse, is the question. He wouldn't have had a job when he got to his office after the ASU game if I were AD...

Because the year still has to play out regardless. We aren't firing him midseason. So, he still has time. And there is still a chance. The chance is getting smaller and smaller for sure to the point that it's now pretty miniscule -- but it does still exist. It's easier to hold out hope on the chance than it is to just throw our hands up and basically root against the team so this experiment ends sooner. I think everyone is as close as they've been to united on what is ultimately going to need to happen -- but we don't all have to go all-in on that position yet. There's still alot of games to be played and chances for him to put this together in some way...

Dawg61
12-19-2014, 11:44 PM
So, why is Bruce Pearl struggling at Auburn? If good recruiting can turn around a team in one season and all. Granted the season is still young and everything. Yes, I think he will have Auburn giving people fits but it's not as easy as you think. It still takes time. The teams that seem to come out of no where are often SR. driven teams. They have played together for years. Look at the Cinderella teams each year, it wasn't one game changer that got them there it was a team. On your statement about a few good players. Same could be said about football. Main difference is the amount you have playing at one time. You get a game changing running back and receiver and everything changes. Of course one player won't do it on the football field but neither will one the basketball court. All things equal you have 5 on a basketball court 11 on football field.

Pearl's first real class will be this year. We'll see how good Pearl really is starting next year. He was still on a show clause in August and couldn't recruit off campus at all till then.

Dawg61
12-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Because the year still has to play out regardless. We aren't firing him midseason. So, he still has time. And there is still a chance. The chance is getting smaller and smaller for sure to the point that it's now pretty miniscule -- but it does still exist. It's easier to hold out hope on the chance than it is to just throw our hands up and basically root against the team so this experiment ends sooner. I think everyone is as close as they've been to united on what is ultimately going to need to happen -- but we don't all have to go all-in on that position yet. There's still alot of games to be played and chances for him to put this together in some way...

True but Stricklin needs to start making a grocery list cause last time he went to the store he forgot one and the order came back all fu@ked up.

engie
12-20-2014, 12:27 AM
True but Stricklin needs to start making a grocery list cause last time he went to the store he forgot one and the order came back all fu@ked up.

Strick should absolutely have out feelers. And Ray should know that he has out feelers. Grace period playtime is over.

We saw last time, be it partially Strick's fault for pissing off the coaches' union, the program culture problem, the upcoming attrition, the downturn in the local MS talent over a number of years there, or whatever -- the job wasn't attractive the first time for as much winning and support as we have had for whatever reason that ultimately doesn't matter any more. It should be more attractive now in a bunch of ways, but there is no disillusionment in our fanbase about what we currently are or are imminently going to be. No one wants to see the same process play out as before. The fanbase is beyond "3-4 year rebuild" phase mentally and emotionally IMO. Strick is going to have to dangle a pretty eye-popping figure out there IMO. The next guy needs to be a "pack the Hump in a big damn hurry" slam dunk won the press conference kind of guy. The amount of money we'll have now affords us that luxury. The question is whether or not he'll spend it. Or even whether or not this ends up exclusively in his hands again...

Dangle $2.2+mil. And do it yesterday.

Dawg61
12-20-2014, 01:04 AM
Strick should absolutely have out feelers. And Ray should know that he has out feelers. Grace period playtime is over.

We saw last time, be it partially Strick's fault for pissing off the coaches' union, the program culture problem, the upcoming attrition, the downturn in the local MS talent over a number of years there, or whatever -- the job wasn't attractive the first time for as much winning and support as we have had for whatever reason that ultimately doesn't matter any more. It should be more attractive now in a bunch of ways, but there is no disillusionment in our fanbase about what we currently are or are imminently going to be. No one wants to see the same process play out as before. The fanbase is beyond "3-4 year rebuild" phase mentally and emotionally IMO. Strick is going to have to dangle a pretty eye-popping figure out there IMO. The next guy needs to be a "pack the Hump in a big damn hurry" slam dunk won the press conference kind of guy. The amount of money we'll have now affords us that luxury. The question is whether or not he'll spend it. Or even whether or not this ends up exclusively in his hands again...

Dangle $2.2+mil. And do it yesterday.

Thing is with a good coach and a packed Hump the team would make them way more than $2.2 a year. Pay top dollar to recieve top dollar back.

Political Hack
12-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Stans' last team would have beaten this team by 30.

and whipped their ass in the stands after it was over.

shannondawg
12-20-2014, 09:03 AM
From what I saw in the stands, I would certainly want Sidney swinging punches for me. Most energy he expended all year.

and whipped their ass in the stands after it was over.

I seen it dawg
12-20-2014, 09:39 AM
If stains were half the "coach" and LEADER of a program that a lot of people remember him to be we wouldn't be in this shitshow.

Coach34
12-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Stands 100% had to go

Strick hiring the wrong replacement is an entirely different issue

The Stands Cult wont admit to this but everybody knows it's true

scottycameron
12-20-2014, 09:56 AM
somebody mentioned A&M coming to town later. I hadn't really thought about that till now. Oh shit...

RougeDawg
12-20-2014, 11:07 AM

Pearl hasn't had a chance to recruit with the Auburn "helpers" behind him. It may get ugly when we play them in the future. Auburn basketball had the perfect storm. A historically cheating university with a dirty rule breaking coach.

shannondawg
12-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Never been in a cult before, do we have secret handshakes and stuff like that?

engie
12-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Why does Stansbury's name still need to come up? It's been 3 years -- I just don't get it. Just seems to open old wounds both ways.

We just need to worry about winning and having a successful program again -- so he can be remembered and appreciated here as a legend in the same way we turned the corner with Jackie when Mullen got here...

drunkernhelldawg
12-20-2014, 01:18 PM
I don't see how you can separate the issues. If any emotion was involved in the first, and I think it was, that hurt our ability and credibility as we sought to "achieve" the second.

Even thought the guy couldn't coach, he kicked the shit out of virtually every other guy who was 'coaching" throughout his career here. Who knows what he could have accomplished if he had only known how to coach. They say he just recruited them and turned them loose on the floor. All of his victories were pure luck.

TheRef
12-20-2014, 02:20 PM
This thread is just an endless circle....and now I'm going to cut the circle.