PDA

View Full Version : Stansbury

msstate7
12-17-2014, 09:11 PM
He was a good coach till the end. Think a year off recharged him? Think he'd come back?

Can't believe I'm asking this. That performance makes me want to go beg stansbury myself

JOHNHEVESYMADE
12-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Coach34 would shut down this site if Stansbury were rehired. That being said, I would be a fan a motivated Stansbury is a scary scary sight.

I seen it dawg
12-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Hahahahahha stupid ****ing thread of the year

trob115
12-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Heck NO!!!

At least we don't have to deal with embarrassing actions off the court and our program isn't the joke of college basketball.

defiantdog
12-17-2014, 09:59 PM
Heck NO!!!

At least we don't have to deal with embarrassing actions off the court and our program isn't the joke of college basketball.

Not yet

msstate7
12-17-2014, 10:00 PM
our program isn't the joke of college basketball.

We were for one reason then and we are now for a different one

TheDogFather
12-17-2014, 10:01 PM
Heck NO!!!

Negative Ghost Rider.

We are definitely a joke.

And embarrassing.

BankerDog
12-17-2014, 10:02 PM
Nope, our basketball team is the laughing stock of college basketball. We haven't win a road game in two years. We just got beat by Arkansas State just adding to the list of programs we've lost to in three years of this mess. Attendance is at an all time low. Something needs to be changed.

oldwave
12-17-2014, 10:20 PM
The program is a much bigger joke now. Firing Stans was stupid then and more so now.

Thick
12-17-2014, 10:29 PM
WTF?? This basketball program is embarrassing because we are not very good at all. The last 3 years of Stansbury was embarrassing because the ****ing players were coming and going as they please, missing work outs, fighting in the stands on national TV, smoking pot CONSTANTLY. Stansbury had completely lost control of the program. He showed favoritism to certain players which caused animosity amongst the team. It was time for a change of scenery. If you are going to be pissed, be pissed at Stricklin, because he fired and hired. No one on this website or SPS made Stricklin do what he did.

So stop the stupid posts about Stans, because your AD made the decisions not a bunch numbnuts on damn MSU site!!

Thick
12-17-2014, 10:31 PM
The program is a much bigger joke now. Firing Stans was stupid then and more so now.

You should be banned for that post, not the other whopping 38.

Political Hack
12-17-2014, 10:36 PM
we have a basketball program?

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2014, 10:37 PM

Most people in the SEC were glad we fired Stans, and not because why a lot of our people were. 10 years.

TheDogFather
12-17-2014, 10:40 PM
WTF?? This basketball program is embarrassing because we are not very good at all. The last 3 years of Stansbury was embarrassing because the ****ing players were coming and going as they please, missing work outs, fighting in the stands on national TV, smoking pot CONSTANTLY. Stansbury had completely lost control of the program. He showed favoritism to certain players which caused animosity amongst the team. It was time for a change of scenery. If you are going to be pissed, be pissed at Stricklin, because he fired and hired. No one on this website or SPS made Stricklin do what he did.

So stop the stupid posts about Stans, because your AD made the decisions not a bunch numbnuts on damn MSU site!!

The 3.5 lb bass I caught three years ago is now 6.5 lb. Just ask me and I'll tell you.

oldwave
12-17-2014, 10:59 PM

Maybe so, but 38 posts and 52 years of supporting Mississippi State entitle me to an opinion somewhere.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 07:17 AM
We are losing games just like a lot of teams. It's only embarrassing to us and what we think we should be. No one is going on TV to talk about how embarrassing we are. Although that's happened before...

msstate7
12-18-2014, 07:20 AM
We are losing games just like a lot of teams. It's only embarrassing to us and what we think we should be. No one is going on TV to talk about how embarrassing we are. Although that's happened before...

You must have missed the game last night. The announcer went on and on about how embarrassing our team looked

EMDawg
12-18-2014, 07:36 AM
You must have missed the game last night. The announcer went on and on about how embarrassing our team looked

The team I saw last night is by far more embarrassing than anything Stans and crew did. Sure, we had major problems before , but at least we were not one of the worst basketball teams in the history of the world. It's baseball season from now on.

quickstrike2
12-18-2014, 09:27 AM
Heck NO!!!

At least we don't have to deal with embarrassing actions off the court and our program isn't the joke of college basketball..

Oh we are a joke and embarrassing, just in a different way.

engie
12-18-2014, 09:33 AM

It was the lead story on sportscenter for about a week?

Tough Dawg
12-18-2014, 09:40 AM
You have lost all credibility with a thread like this. You folks are amazing.

Tough Dawg
12-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Rick needed to go....bottomline. Rick Ray is to our basketball program what Sylvester Croom was to our football program. Croom cleaned up Sherrill's mess and Ray is cleaning up Stan's mess.

Now let's hope Stricklin's hire for our bball program will be comparable to the Mullen hire.

Now go back to your awful arguments.

Thick
12-18-2014, 09:45 AM
Maybe so, but 38 posts and 52 years of supporting Mississippi State entitle me to an opinion somewhere.

Well, I've been a fan for 45 years, an alum, a former MSU ball player, but I don't support a guy that absolutely lost control of the program, and was consistently laughed at by the way he handled it in the media and by his peers. That's embarrassing and shameful. I hate that we stink, but our AD went rogue on hiring RR. Now we are seeing exactly why the big bball supporters were pissed about it, and the Hump is a ghost town due to it.

MadDawg
12-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Heck NO!!!

Well, glad to see there is at least one happy with the program.

Liverpooldawg
12-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Our program is very much a joke. We are in the SEC and we just lost at home to one of the worst teams in the country by double digits. I tried to watch it last night and couldn't do it. I'm going to go next week when I have the next day off just to get a look in person. What i tried to watch last night looked like the worst team we have had since I started following MSU basketball in the early 80s. I had season tickets for about 25 years of that stretch.

drunkernhelldawg
12-18-2014, 10:26 AM
It was the lead story on sportscenter for about a week?

Calling bullshit. The Hawaii fight was not "the lead story on sportscenter for about a week." It was the lead story here. As I said then, our overreaction to it hurt us more than the fight itself.

Hypnodawg
12-18-2014, 10:34 AM
Calling bullshit. The Hawaii fight was not "the lead story on sportscenter for about a week." It was the lead story here. As I said then, our overreaction to it hurt us more than the fight itself.

I lived in NC at the time and I heard about it for months. It was a major f'ing embarrassment. I hate the way the coaching change was implemented, but Stans needed to go.

MadDawg
12-18-2014, 10:40 AM

I've never understood this. Nobody was proud of the fight and it was certainly embarrassing. But the level of overreaction to it was incredible. I was also pretty embarrassed when our head coach was caught on camera cussing out a player for the opposing team and had to apologize in his press conference for doing so. It was the lead on sports center as well. But we didn't overreact to that. Why? Because the coach was generally liked and, contrary to popular urban myths, didn't have a subset of the fanbase determined to undermine him and end his career as soon as possible.

cheewgumm
12-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Engie is that accurate that our bball program was lead story for a week on SC or are you using hyperbole?

Not trying to start a fight, just wondering if that is true.

HoopsDawg
12-18-2014, 10:53 AM
He was a good coach till the end. Think a year off recharged him? Think he'd come back?

Can't believe I'm asking this. That performance makes me want to go beg stansbury myself

Nice Troll.

LC Dawg
12-18-2014, 10:57 AM
This is more embarrassing to me than last night's game but that's just me. We did beat San Diego that day though.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b584/jcattdawg/players-fightjpg-e7b45d4f1ef002bb_zps6505b16c.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOktTL9xVI

quickstrike2
12-18-2014, 11:03 AM
This is more embarrassing to me than last night's game but that's just me. We did beat San Diego that day though.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b584/jcattdawg/players-fightjpg-e7b45d4f1ef002bb_zps6505b16c.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOktTL9xVI

Man that was embarrassing, I had blocked that out. Sidney showed the most effort I've seen from him in that. Anybody remember what the fight was even about?

TheRef
12-18-2014, 11:05 AM
Man that was embarrassing, I had blocked that out. Sidney showed the most effort I've seen from him in that. Anybody remember what the fight was even about?

Sidney wanted to get out of the stands. He told Elgin to move his legs (he had them laid across to the row in front of him. Elgin basically told him to **** off, and Sidney punched him.

quickstrike2
12-18-2014, 11:16 AM
Sidney wanted to get out of the stands. He told Elgin to move his legs (he had them laid across to the row in front of him. Elgin basically told him to **** off, and Sidney punched him.

Ha nice, well atleast it was over something important.**

drunkernhelldawg
12-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Ha nice, well atleast it was over something important.**

looks to me like Elgin was upset over losing pt to the new guy.

msstate7
12-18-2014, 11:30 AM
looks to me like Elgin was upset over losing pt to the new guy.

Looks to me like both should've been booted if 1 was. Had stansbury had the balls to boot both, he might still be here

quickstrike2
12-18-2014, 11:36 AM
Looks to me like both should've been booted if 1 was. Had stansbury had the balls to boot both, he might still be here

It was pretty easy to see what Stans was going to do. We had invested at least time in Sidney with the whole sitting out a year thing, and I think Stans thought Sidney would be the difference maker for him to get to where he wanted to go. Bailey was expendable, even though Sidney threw the first punch. Somehow I guess Stans justified that since Bailey didn't move his legs that a punch was warranted. Both should have been gone for that display in my opinion.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 12:01 PM

Nobody nationally gives a shit we lost or we suck at basketball. It's not embarrassing, it's losing. But they damn sure gave a shit nationally about the exposure our university received from the Hawaii fiasco and the thug life program stains was running. That was embarrassing.

War Machine Dawg
12-18-2014, 12:02 PM

http://i.imgur.com/tMyyOIB.gif

http://i.imgur.com/AJnQKF6.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ElMQg59.gif

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 12:03 PM

Bullshit. It wasn't overreaction. It was legit, national, and in everybody's face as a story. Thug life embarrassment.

maroonmania
12-18-2014, 01:27 PM

Not a lot of teams losing games to Arkansas State at home. The continual road game losses are one thing but losing to really, really bad teams at home is really, really bad for a coach now in his third season.

drunkernhelldawg
12-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Bullshit. It wasn't overreaction. It was legit, national, and in everybody's face as a story. Thug life embarrassment.

It was overreaction and I stand by this: that overreaction hurt the university way more than the fight itself did. Also questionable is the assumption that Stans had an agenda in not booting Sidney for it. Maybe but doubtful. More likely he was punishing the instigator more severely than the non instigator. I don't know, but I do question the assumption's validity.

PMDawg
12-18-2014, 03:11 PM

Look, I asked for Stans to be fired, and I stand by that. But this argument about the fight in hawaii is just stupid. And old. Youve made your point a dozen times in a dozen different threads. We get it. But it was nowhere near what you want to make it. Yes, it was a bad moment for us, but it was forgotton pretty quickly. It was a minor thing that stemmed from the larger problem. BUT it was never some overarching embarrassing incident that will saddle our program for all time. There are plenty of arguments against Stansbury, but this is just lame at this point.

PMDawg
12-18-2014, 03:15 PM
I lived in NC at the time and I heard about it for months. It was a major f'ing embarrassment. I hate the way the coaching change was implemented, but Stans needed to go.

Bullshit.

drunkernhelldawg
12-18-2014, 03:29 PM

That might be true. We actually have no idea what the reasoning (or lack thereof) behind the disciplinary action was. The overriding speculation is that Stans wanted to keep Sidney so Bailey paid the price. I don't buy that, but, like I say, we don't know.

Liverpooldawg
12-18-2014, 07:12 PM
It was overreaction and I stand by this: that overreaction hurt the university way more than the fight itself did. Also questionable is the assumption that Stans had an agenda in not booting Sidney for it. Maybe but doubtful. More likely he was punishing the instigator more severely than the non instigator. I don't know, but I do question the assumption's validity.

That's exactly what happened, and that is fact.

I seen it dawg
12-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Look, I asked for Stans to be fired, and I stand by that. But this argument about the fight in hawaii is just stupid. And old. Youve made your point a dozen times in a dozen different threads. We get it. But it was nowhere near what you want to make it. Yes, it was a bad moment for us, but it was forgotton pretty quickly. It was a minor thing that stemmed from the larger problem. BUT it was never some overarching embarrassing incident that will saddle our program for all time. There are plenty of arguments against Stansbury, but this is just lame at this point.

You are accurate. But there is a mass of ****ing stupidity that keep bringing up stains. Where we are now has nothing to do with the fact he is gone. Pretty damn stupid to even talk about Stains at this point but people keep bringing it up don't they? That's what's lame. We suck. We need a better coach. Pretty simple.

sleepy dawg
12-18-2014, 09:00 PM
How many different ways can we all say the exact same shit over and over again? over and over again? How many ways is it possible to say the same repetitive bullshit?

Stands should've never been fired.
Fire Ray.
embarrassment.
Ray's still good.
It's Striklands fault.
Stans should've been fired, Ray was just bad. Fire Striklin.
Hire stans back.
Hire Mullen.
laughing stock
Fire Ray.
Ray can still win a game in the sec.
embarrassment
ray was a bad hire
stans was good for this one time
repeat/replace/etc.

I feel like I'm stuck in limbo with all this shit.

msstate7
12-18-2014, 09:03 PM
How many different ways can we all say the exact same shit over and over again? over and over again? How many ways is it possible to say the same repetitive bullshit?

Stands should've never been fired.
Fire Ray.
embarrassment.
Ray's still good.
It's Striklands fault.
Stans should've been fired, Ray was just bad. Fire Striklin.
Hire stans back.
Hire Mullen.
laughing stock
Fire Ray.
Ray can still win a game in the sec.
embarrassment
ray was a bad hire
stans was good for this one time
repeat/replace/etc.

I feel like I'm stuck in limbo with all this shit.

Hire stansbury as ray's assistant**

MadDawg
12-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Stansbury for DC!!! ***

PMDawg
12-19-2014, 01:34 PM
You are accurate. But there is a mass of ****ing stupidity that keep bringing up stains. Where we are now has nothing to do with the fact he is gone. Pretty damn stupid to even talk about Stains at this point but people keep bringing it up don't they? That's what's lame. We suck. We need a better coach. Pretty simple.

Agree.