PDA

View Full Version : I told you guys..............

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Freeze was never in play at Florida. UM and their AD got played like violin. It's at the top of page 4.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20141217/ARTICLES/141219705?tc=cr

DownwardDawg
12-17-2014, 07:40 PM
Did anybody really think that Florida was interested in Freeze? I certainly didn't. I didn't think people were really thinking that.

Sacrifice
12-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Good lord, I wish I could negotiate a contract with Ross Bjork...

Pollodawg
12-17-2014, 08:18 PM
Why would a program like UF has wasted its time on an average head coach at a directional school in Mississippi?

blacklistedbully
12-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Foley said they don't interfere with teams who's season's aren't yet finished. Really?? Was our season done when he interviewed, then hired Collins?

I think Foley's FOS.

Todd4State
12-17-2014, 11:36 PM
Foley said they don't interfere with teams who's season's aren't yet finished. Really?? Was our season done when he interviewed, then hired Collins?

I think Foley's FOS.

I'm sure McElwain was hired before they even talked to Geoff. So, yes- most likely.

FISHDAWG
12-18-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm sure McElwain was hired before they even talked to Geoff. So, yes- most likely.

and that's why we won't know who our DC is going to be until Mullen signs that extension

Jack Lambert
12-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Nutt did the same thing to them and then proceeded to all flat on his face.

Sam&DeansDawg
12-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Did anybody really think that Florida was interested in Freeze? I certainly didn't. I didn't think people were really thinking that.

Hahaha it's laffable people think he coulda got gotten at UF. His best chance at school was Nebraska and that's too much respect for Hugh.

Dawgface
12-18-2014, 09:50 AM
We all know backdoor inquiries are done prior to asking for permission to speak to one's hc. Not saying that was even done with Freeze, but this article proves nothing. No school will ever admit to being turned down and will always try to present their new coach as their first choice.

dawgpound
12-18-2014, 10:14 AM
An athletic director would never say who he talked to or who's agent he spoke to if he was turned down.... I dont think they were going to offer Freeze but this article tells us nothing

Liverpooldawg
12-18-2014, 10:28 AM
I don't think I've ever seen an AD come out and say in the media another AD actually called him to see if there had been contact. Now of course UM spin will say different and that Freeze was absolutly in play. If they don't they look really foolish.

jimbo352
12-18-2014, 03:36 PM
1) I don't believe Freeze was ever going to get the UF job. He may have gotten a call to gauge interest, but that doesn't mean Freeze was the first choice. Foley could have been getting his 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th choice ready to go.

2) According to Tennessee, Butch Jones was their first choice.... L.O.L.

3) This kind of stuff happens all the time. Coaches don't say they interested in public, because it looks bad if they don't get the job. AD's always deny offering jobs, because they don't want to look desperate/weak.