PDA

View Full Version : Bo Pelini ... going off.

MSUDawg4Life
12-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Bo Pelini insults A.D. Shawn Eichorst in expletive-filled talk during final meeting with players (http://www.omaha.com/huskers/bo-pelini-insults-a-d-shawn-eichorst-in-expletive-filled/article_b202b14a-8633-11e4-8c91-f3f5386da4f8.html#.VJH4dnIqC_s.twitter)
lol

I think he has a valid point if the AD was never around the coaches and players. Had never been to the lockerroom. And about negativity surrounding a program being destructive.

Political Hack
12-17-2014, 06:28 PM
that tirade may cost him a shot at a HC spot for a while... sounds like a great DC though!!!

TheRef
12-17-2014, 06:31 PM
that tirade may cost him a shot at a HC spot for a while... sounds like a great DC though!!!

He's already HC at Youngstown State where Jim Tressel is AD

MSUDawg4Life
12-17-2014, 06:31 PM

He already has a new HC job.

MSUDawg4Life
12-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Bo Pelini on negativity surrounding a program:

Because, at the end of the day, I truly believe this, and I constantly talk about it: I felt at times, and you guys tell me if I am wrong ? but I thought the last couple of years, and I think this has been going for a number of years, because of the environment that's here. I think because, as the year goes on, it gets harder and harder and header on you guys. Because I think you guys feel that. Am I right or wrong? It's a bitch here. It's hard enough when you have the negativity that comes from the media and the negativity from a lot of former players and this talk show and that talk show. You win and it ain?t good enough. It's not good enough, how you won. There is a lot of things that go on there, and if you don?t have a grown man standing in front of the thing saying 'Hey, I'm behind it,' getting everybody, rallying them ? I can do it all I want, but they're bitching at me, too. If they don't get somebody to rally this whole thing together, it's hard.

And I saw it on you guys. I saw it. It was never more evident than the Wisconsin game. I thought you guys were more mentally beat in that game than we got physically beat. It's a culmination of the negativity. And I understand, you guys are human. That's why I was constantly talking you guys about it. Last game, you guys just said '**** it, let's go play.' Despite all the injuries we dealt with, you guys at least played free. And that's my advice to you guys that come back. You can?t let this place eat you up, because if you let it, it'll eat you up. Because I've been LSU, I've been at Oklahoma, I been to these other places and it ain't quite ? the scrutiny, the negativity, it ain?t like that everywhere. But it is what it is. But you gotta be strong as hell and deal with it. You have to. Because it's real, I know its out there. I?ve seen it. Am I right or wrong?

(Players: You're right.)

AlmostPositive
12-17-2014, 06:37 PM
First time I've heard an American coach go c-word on a male associate... must be a fan of British culture.

... called the guy a lawyer, too, so I guess there was no turning back at that point.

Dawgowar
12-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Bo Pelini on negativity surrounding a program:

Because, at the end of the day, I truly believe this, and I constantly talk about it: I felt at times, and you guys tell me if I am wrong ? but I thought the last couple of years, and I think this has been going for a number of years, because of the environment that's here. I think because, as the year goes on, it gets harder and harder and header on you guys. Because I think you guys feel that. Am I right or wrong? It's a bitch here. It's hard enough when you have the negativity that comes from the media and the negativity from a lot of former players and this talk show and that talk show. You win and it ain?t good enough. It's not good enough, how you won. There is a lot of things that go on there, and if you don?t have a grown man standing in front of the thing saying 'Hey, I'm behind it,' getting everybody, rallying them ? I can do it all I want, but they're bitching at me, too. If they don't get somebody to rally this whole thing together, it's hard.

And I saw it on you guys. I saw it. It was never more evident than the Wisconsin game. I thought you guys were more mentally beat in that game than we got physically beat. It's a culmination of the negativity. And I understand, you guys are human. That's why I was constantly talking you guys about it. Last game, you guys just said '**** it, let's go play.' Despite all the injuries we dealt with, you guys at least played free. And that's my advice to you guys that come back. You can?t let this place eat you up, because if you let it, it'll eat you up. Because I've been LSU, I've been at Oklahoma, I been to these other places and it ain't quite ? the scrutiny, the negativity, it ain?t like that everywhere. But it is what it is. But you gotta be strong as hell and deal with it. You have to. Because it's real, I know its out there. I?ve seen it. Am I right or wrong?

(Players: You're right.)

Insert same speech for Michigan. Hope Bo does well at Youngstown.

Todd4State
12-17-2014, 06:41 PM

Maybe. It just sounds to me like he didn't get along with his boss more than anything. And I've found that usually when that happens the employee typically doesn't say very nice things about the boss. It's just that normally they don't gather their co-workers and subordinates into a high school and bash the boss and have it leak out via a recording.

MSUDawg4Life
12-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Maybe. It just sounds to me like he didn't get along with his boss more than anything. And I've found that usually when that happens the employee typically doesn't say very nice things about the boss. It's just that normally they don't gather their co-workers and subordinates into a high school and bash the boss and have it leak out via a recording.

If it's true that the AD never came around the team, then Bo might have a reason to be pissed at his boss. Don't you agree? Have never been in the lockerroom? Really? The first time he spoke to the team as a group was after their coach was fired. Fired after a 9-3 season. And he brought security guards with him? Seriously?

That's piss poor "leadership" if those things are true.

Dawgcentral
12-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Insert same speech for Michigan. Hope Bo does well at Youngstown.

This was what came to mind for me. You have the old school guys on a board of regents who expect results that Osborn used to provide. They're not the dynasty they once thought themselves to be.

While I wonder why Pelini didn't hesitate to speak his thoughts completely, I can sure appreciate his courage in throwing his future to the wind in calling out the A.D. as well as the assholes he had to deal with. I reckon is easy not to be concerned about $ when you have enough to carry you through 4-5 decades.