PDA

View Full Version : Brock Huard

CJDAWG85
12-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Seems to think we will be the least motivated team in a bowl game. Yeah this isn't one of, if not the biggest game in our history. Good call.

HoopsDawg
12-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Seems to think we will be the least motivated team in a bowl game. Yeah this isn't one of, if not the biggest game in our history. Good call.

I could see it happening especially without Collins running the defense.

quickstrike2
12-17-2014, 03:49 PM
While we do have plenty to play for, I can see where he is coming from. We basically had everything to play for against Ole Miss and basically didn't show up in any form. Played poorly, coached poorly, and look ill prepared. I hope we show hope and play ball against GT and not pull a Northwestern.

SallyStansbury
12-17-2014, 03:50 PM
agree with him and Hoopsdawg. See our performance against Northwestern. Disharmony amongst coaching staff, people pointing fingers, staff leaving.

I recall our performance at the end of that season and remember thinking, "They will have plenty of time to prepare something different for the Northwestern bowl game?" Nope!
I recall our offense against BAMA then our offense against olemiss...."Surely we will be able to give a different look vs GA Tech?" /not holding breath.....

The one thing that gives me hope is Mullen has adjusted his recruiting and taken it up a notch. I like his competitive fire and he obviously hates to lose at anything.
I hope he can step back and figure this out sufficiently and come up with whatever chess move to defeat what Bama and olemiss did to take away the Dak up the middle run.

msstate7
12-17-2014, 03:54 PM
While we do have plenty to play for, I can see where he is coming from. We basically had everything to play for against Ole Miss and basically didn't show up in any form. Played poorly, coached poorly, and look ill prepared. I hope we show hope and play ball against GT and not pull a Northwestern.

Well hopefully dak doesn't throw 9** ints like Russell did. The ints cost us the gator bowl

Todd4State
12-17-2014, 03:57 PM
agree with him and Hoopsdawg. See our performance against Northwestern. Disharmony amongst coaching staff, people pointing fingers, staff leaving.

I recall our performance at the end of that season and remember thinking, "They will have plenty of time to prepare something different for the Northwestern bowl game?" Nope!
I recall our offense against BAMA then our offense against olemiss...."Surely we will be able to give a different look vs GA Tech?" /not holding breath.....

The one thing that gives me hope is Mullen has adjusted his recruiting and taken it up a notch. I like his competitive fire and he obviously hates to lose at anything.
I hope he can step back and figure this out sufficiently and come up with whatever chess move to defeat what Bama and olemiss did to take away the Dak up the middle run.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but we don't play the 1B's 50% of the time, we win both of those games. And yes, the offense didn't have the greatest days ever, but both of those games were on the road against two of the top defense's in the SEC. We shouldn't expect 30 point efforts going up against that. We got 20 and 17 points- both were fairly reasonable point totals.

BrunswickDawg
12-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Well hopefully dak doesn't throw 9** ints like Russell did. The ints cost us the gator bowl

Man, that game still pisses me off. My kid heard words he had never dreamed of that day.

quickstrike2
12-17-2014, 04:01 PM

They did. Very frustrating game to watch.

Todd4State
12-17-2014, 04:02 PM

This is why I think Huard is wrong. Dak is a better leader and handles pressure better than Tyler. I don't know that there is tension on the coaching staff like there was when Wilson was here. Dan pretty much embarrassed him by demoting him a few days before the bowl game if I remember correctly.

With Geoff, I think it was maybe more of a "you can do that crazy thing you want to do and I'll back you, but if it doesn't work, look somewhere else" type of deal. They're just agreeing to disagree and they are going their separate ways.

DawgHouseUnited
12-17-2014, 04:29 PM
I have to wonder, though. I've watched a vine clip of the guys playing the dizzy-bat game at practice. Are they normally that relaxed & playing at practices? Perhaps they're chill for the public ones and they will crack the whip during the private practices?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2014, 04:33 PM
Practice is always loose & upbeat. Also you have to remember these 1st handfull of practices are being treated like spring practice. The veterans are practicing very little if at all so the young guys are getting most of the reps. So the veterans have a lot of time to goof off & entertain the crowd.

SallyStansbury
12-17-2014, 04:34 PM
[QUOTE= Dan pretty much embarrassed him by demoting him a few days before the bowl game if I remember correctly.

With Geoff, I think it was maybe more of a "you can do that crazy thing you want to do and I'll back you, but if it doesn't work, look somewhere else" type of deal. They're just agreeing to disagree and they are going their separate ways.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Collins prides himself on being an innovator and his way to beat the hurry up or spread is to rotate defenders methodically to keep everyone fresh. Maybe he is regimented in this approach whether it is working or not (see olemiss game).

Dan invented the read option spread attack and will run it regardless of whether it is working or not (see olemiss game).

Neither approaches worked well in that game because they had become predictable and both offense and defense strategies got their asses handed to them by Bucky et al.
Mullen chews the ass of Collins. Collins goes elsewhere. Time to find the next up and coming defensive genius.

DawgHouseUnited
12-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Practice is always loose & upbeat. Also you have to remember these 1st handfull of practices are being treated like spring practice. The veterans are practicing very little if at all so the young guys are getting most of the reps. So the veterans have a lot of time to goof off & entertain the crowd.

There's lots of pics of players interacting with the fans as well, so yeah, I'm guessing that it has to do with the open nature of these first practices. Just didn't know if anyone else got that loose/upbeat/playful feeling from them.

QuadrupleOption
12-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Maybe Collins prides himself on being an innovator and his way to beat the hurry up or spread is to rotate defenders methodically to keep everyone fresh. Maybe he is regimented in this approach whether it is working or not (see olemiss game).

Dan invented the read option spread attack and will run it regardless of whether it is working or not (see olemiss game).

Neither approaches worked well in that game because they had become predictable and both offense and defense strategies got their asses handed to them by Bucky et al.
Mullen chews the ass of Collins. Collins goes elsewhere. Time to find the next up and coming defensive genius.

Jesus, you are really determined to blame everything on Mullen aren't you? News flash: We just won 10 games for the third time in school history. Shut the Hell up already.

By the way, Mullen was absolutely correct to go off on our piss-poor play on defense in the Egg Bowl:

1st Quarter:
1st and 10 at MSST 47 Bo Wallace pass complete to Evan Engram for 46 yds to the MisSt 1 for a 1ST down (TD result)

3rd Quarter:
1st and 10 at MISS 16 Bo Wallace pass complete to Evan Engram for 83 yds to the MisSt 1 for a 1ST down (TD result)
1st and 10 at MISS 9 Jaylen Walton run for 91 yds for a TD, (Gary Wunderlich KICK)

4th Quarter:
1st and 10 at MSST 31 Jordan Wilkins pass complete to Cody Core for 31 yds for a TD, (Gary Wunderlich KICK)

That's shitty, period. The third quarter was especially shitty to give up TDs on drives that lasted less than 3 plays apiece. I would have chewed his ass too.

thunderclap
12-17-2014, 08:27 PM
Well, we didn't seem very motivated for one of the biggest games in our history. So I can see his point.

Maroonthirteen
12-17-2014, 08:48 PM
We looked bad vs om. GT looked good vs FSU. I don't buy the "we are SEC. They are ACC." GT will be a very good team. We have lost badly in our last 2 games vs good competition. I have a bad feeling.