dawgpound
12-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Can't wait to see his speed on returns next year

thedawg
12-17-2014, 12:11 PM
He can go.... I expect him to make alot of plays for us next year

maroonmania
12-17-2014, 12:32 PM
No. 1 JUCO WR and No. 1 JUCO OT signed. Not bad.

quickstrike2
12-17-2014, 02:17 PM
No. 1 JUCO WR and No. 1 JUCO OT signed. Not bad.

Addressed needs. Definitely oline, and Gray should be an upgrade at returner, plus hopefully a play maker in Lewis's role.

Coach34
12-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Gray also has 3 years left- not 2. He, Gabe, and Smokey give us an outstanding crew of slot receivers. Makes Dear almost a certain RS

Covercorner2
12-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Gray also has 3 years left- not 2. He, Gabe, and Smokey give us an outstanding crew of slot receivers. Makes Dear almost a certain RS

Or RB

Coach34
12-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Dear is gonna RS at either position

HoopsDawg
12-17-2014, 03:28 PM

I think Dear and Dedrick Thomas will redshirt. I think Mixon will play giving us 4 slot WR's. That's a lot, but I don't think you can keep Mixon off the field and he can be used some at RB. I also think Mullen is going to have to go double slot some.

Todd4State
12-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Gray is a huge pick-up and I don't think a lot of people realize just how huge. This is one of the bad things about recruiting- you can be a guy like Tobias Singleton and hold out and wait and do hat flips and everyone talks about you, but the reality is he still was a guy that would have needed to redshirt and develop.

But because Gray has been loyal the whole time, he doesn't get as much pub.

Gray will help us out not only at slot WR, but also at KR/PR on special teams. He reminds me a little bit of Kevin Prentiss. Prentiss would have been a super star in the slot in Dan's offense- and he was a very good WR for us. But he was a difference maker on special teams. He was a threat to break one at any time, he never fumbled a return that I can recall, and he was constantly giving us great field position.

If he can give our offense good field position and we don't have to constantly start at the 20 or worse- it's going to make us that much better on offense.

Todd4State
12-17-2014, 04:15 PM
I think Dear and Dedrick Thomas will redshirt. I think Mixon will play giving us 4 slot WR's. That's a lot, but I don't think you can keep Mixon off the field and he can be used some at RB. I also think Mullen is going to have to go double slot some.

We need slot WR's badly though. Jameon went down, and that position for the most part got lost in the shuffle. Myles was good on screens but wasn't a deep threat. Graham dropped a lot of passes. I'm not going to give up on him right now though since he's just a freshman.

Slot is a huge position in Dan's offense. If we can have several that can we can use down the field, on option routes, as an outlet WR (see Jameon's TD against LSU), screens, and on speed sweeps, it makes the offense a LOT more diverse. Our schools leading WR statistically is Chad Bumphis for a reason.

maroonmania
12-17-2014, 06:03 PM

In the All-Star game it appeared Dear was more of a RB and Mixon was more a slot guy. Mixon sure showed out as a receiver and got little to no carries as a RB. So I think its going to be Mixon, Thomas and Gray added to the slot position myself and Dear added to our RB position. Dear would definitely need to trim down significantly to be effective in the slot IMO.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2014, 06:26 PM
I think Dear will look like a new person by the time the spring game rolls around.