PDA

View Full Version : The wallet is out for OM

defiantdog
12-17-2014, 10:28 AM
4* Van Jefferson (UGA commit out of TN) flips to OM

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2014, 10:31 AM
He hasn't flipped yet. Barton Simmons predicted he would flip.

defiantdog
12-17-2014, 10:34 AM
He hasn't flipped yet. Barton Simmons predicted he would flip.

You're right, my bad..... Misleading post.

CadaverDawg
12-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Juco? What position?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-17-2014, 10:37 AM
HS WR

Coach34
12-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Well, your topic is dead on. They are throwing the green right now because finishing behind Mullen and State for the 5th year in a row is eating their ass from the inside out. They have bombarded some of our biggest commits- and so far have been stonewalled

EAVdog
12-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Same every year, they always make up the most ground during the 'Dead Period'.

maroonmania
12-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Same every year, they always make up the most ground during the 'Dead Period'.

Yep, they usually put out their "best offers" during the December dead period into January. If OM only got the guys that from the very start just seemingly wanted to go there and play with no added incentives they would be in sad shape for talent.

CadaverDawg
12-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Yep, they usually put out their "best offers" during the December dead period into January. If OM only got the guys that from the very start just seemingly wanted to go there and play with no added incentives they would be in sad shape for talent.

If they didn't have recruiting sites or know who Mullen offerred, they would have no clue who to offer

HancockCountyDog
12-17-2014, 10:55 AM
They are going to piss off the wrong fan base and end up on hard copy.

CJDAWG85
12-17-2014, 10:59 AM
They are like Jonas on Twister. Got a bunch of money, but doesn't know what he's doing. He just follows Bill and Jo. I watched it the other night and I immediately thought that haha.

maroonmania
12-17-2014, 10:59 AM
I've decided OM can do whatever they want from now to eternity and will never suffer any consequences for it. Look at all the shit they've pulled over the years and yet haven't been in any real trouble with the NCAA since the Billy Brewer days. Yet we've gone through two or three probations since then over ticky-tack nobody cares stuff (thanks Bracky). If I was OM I would absolutely feel bullet proof and give a player I really wanted anything he asked for to sign. Why not?

TheRef
12-17-2014, 11:08 AM
They are like Jonas on Twister. Got a bunch of money, but doesn't know what he's doing. He just follows Bill and Jo. I watched it the other night and I immediately thought that haha.

Jonas...Sonuvabitch

Who's he?

A nightcrawler. We started off in the same lab, and he went and got himself some corporate sponsors. He's in it for the money, not the science. They have no instinct...and they don't have Dorothy.

PassInterference
12-17-2014, 11:08 AM
4* Van Jefferson (UGA commit out of TN) flips to OM

http://i.giphy.com/10kcfaUCF7tNCw.gif

Big4Dawg
12-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Their WR corps is going to be pretty deadly.

They are going to get Demarkus Lodge - http://247sports.com/Player/Damarkus-Lodge-21089

starkvegasdawg
12-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Jonas...Sonuvabitch

Who's he?

A nightcrawler. We started off in the same lab, and he went and got himself some corporate sponsors. He's in it for the money, not the science. They have no instinct...and they don't have Dorothy.

The days of sniffing the dirt are over.

TheRef
12-17-2014, 11:11 AM
The days of sniffing the dirt are over.

It's better than what you sniff...

Oh...and I really like your weather reports

Covercorner2
12-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Exactly what they need- more WRs**

Op4isabitch
WR may be deadly but they can't throw it to themselves.

starkvegasdawg
HS WR

This does not bother me. Right now they can have an army of Megatrons at WR. They have no QB to get them the ball reliably. One throws backwards, one just sucks, and one will be holding a placard with a number on the front of it at his chest and be told to turn to the right before the season starts.

starkvegasdawg
12-17-2014, 11:16 AM

They don't have the first cow either.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ne5Lb2SiFHg/Sv2Vv5X4MII/AAAAAAAAoKU/--OoPPBglI4/s400/cow+twister+1.jpg

TheRef
12-17-2014, 11:20 AM
They don't have the first cow either.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ne5Lb2SiFHg/Sv2Vv5X4MII/AAAAAAAAoKU/--OoPPBglI4/s400/cow+twister+1.jpg

Jo: "Cow."

Melissa: "I've gotta go, Julia. We've got cows!"

Jo: "Another cow."

Bill: "Actually, I believe that's the same one."

starkvegasdawg
12-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Finally watched Into the Storm last night. Been debating ever since which movie insulted my intelligence more. It's really a close race and could come down to the very end.

Big4Dawg
12-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Chad Kelly is going to be pretty good for them. He lit it up at EMCC. http://emccathletics.com/sports/fball/2014-15/players/chadkellyyglk

Op4isabitch
12-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Chad Kelly is going to be pretty good for them. He lit it up at EMCC. http://emccathletics.com/sports/fball/2014-15/players/chadkellyyglk

Well hopefully he goes to a party at the pike house.

PassInterference
12-17-2014, 11:36 AM

So was Brent Schaeffer.

Kelly isn't going to hit the ground running during game 1. Best case he takes half a season to heat up, gives them 1 1/2 good seasons, and they've still got no QB on the bench that can play....and then they fish for yet another juco or transfer QB.

That is their ceiling at QB. Just holding on for the next Juco/transfer.

quickstrike2
12-17-2014, 11:37 AM

I agree. It's going to be a learning curve for him to come to SEC football, but he will be in great shape with a superb defense and alot of weapons on offense.

Covercorner2
12-17-2014, 11:40 AM
If he's so good, why did only Indiana and VT offer him? And why didn't LSU offer him with what they have at QB? I'll hang up and listen...

dawgindothan
12-17-2014, 11:43 AM
The wallet is out for OM

What about the Aubs? They're the one we lost a recruit to. We beat the bearz for Rankin.

GreenheadDawg
12-17-2014, 11:58 AM
If he's so good, why did only Indiana and VT offer him? And why didn't LSU offer him with what they have at QB? I'll hang up and listen...

That's been my argument the whole time. But some on here think he is the second coming of Peyton Manning but with better wheels

maroonmania
12-17-2014, 11:58 AM
What about the Aubs? They're the one we lost a recruit to. We beat the bearz for Rankin.

Reading on Swain it just sounds like he was going to go to Auburn if he had a solid offer there. Add that to the fact that we lost Collins and they gained Muschamp and it was just too much to overcome.

TrapGame
12-17-2014, 12:01 PM

Alcohol and ADD meds do not mix well.

maroonmania
12-17-2014, 12:02 PM
I agree. It's going to be a learning curve for him to come to SEC football, but he will be in great shape with a superb defense and alot of weapons on offense.

JUCO QBs are hit and miss at the next level. Bo turned out pretty good but it helped that he already had a year of learning Freeze's offense from Arkansas State. I would expect that Kelly is certainly better than anything OM has now but that's not saying much.

coastdoglover
12-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Look folks, wake up. Slive is running the hen house and the crooks have open season. Until Florida State or some other outside the SEC program decides to go after them, it will never stop. Ole Miss considers it the right way to recruit and always has. When kids tell us that they are being paid $500.00 or better to simply commit by the Bears we ought to understand it. We either get on their level or watch them pass us by. Freeze learned all this from his days at Briar Crest and he was handpicked to continue the "Rebel Way". Auburn is every bit as bad and just follow the history. I am thankful we got Rankin today because had we gone to Miami and left the bag men in town with him, that would have happened probably too just as it did with CJ.

maroonmania
12-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Look folks, wake up. Slive is running the hen house and the crooks have open season. Until Florida State or some other outside the SEC program decides to go after them, it will never stop. Ole Miss considers it the right way to recruit and always has. When kids tell us that they are being paid $500.00 or better to simply commit by the Bears we ought to understand it. We either get on their level or watch them pass us by. Freeze learned all this from his days at Briar Crest and he was handpicked to continue the "Rebel Way". Auburn is every bit as bad and just follow the history. I am thankful we got Rankin today because had we gone to Miami and left the bag men in town with him, that would have happened probably too just as it did with CJ.

Would really be good if they let all recruits sign in December that are ready (JUCO and HS) and then finish out the class in February for what's left.

quickstrike2
12-17-2014, 12:28 PM

I don't think if LSU could spot a QB if they saw one, Jordon Jefferson and Anthony Jennings come to mind. I don't think he will be great, but I think he will be bad, prolly about like Bo. The situation made it better for both of those guys, without that D and those receivers not much would expected.

Coach34
12-17-2014, 12:38 PM
Kelly is better than what they currently have at QB- we'll see if he can give them what Wallace did.

msstate7
12-17-2014, 12:38 PM
I don't think if LSU could spot a QB if they saw one, Jordon Jefferson and Anthony Jennings come to mind. I don't think he will be great, but I think he will be bad, prolly about like Bo. The situation made it better for both of those guys, without that D and those receivers not much would expected.

Pretty sure Stephens stated Bo's arm is stronger than Kelly's. If this is true, there's your lack of offers

quickstrike2
12-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Pretty sure Stephens stated Bo's arm is stronger than Kelly's. If this is true, there's your lack of offers

Very well could be. Cussing out coaches at spring games also prolly didn't help the offer sheet. In Oxford, that's called character.

BrunswickDawg
12-17-2014, 01:01 PM
Jo: "Cow."

Melissa: "I've gotta go, Julia. We've got cows!"

Jo: "Another cow."

Bill: "Actually, I believe that's the same one."

Always wondered "Do weather guys geek out about the movie Twister?" guess I know now...

HancockCountyDog
12-17-2014, 01:02 PM
Well, if they actually sign this Davon Durant character - they will have the pac 12 schools on their ass. Oregon/ASU have been after this kid for over a year, and the bears show up last minute and apparently are "in it" for him? **** that noise.

So lets recap - Bridges pisses of AU (they aren't afraid to turn a mother f*cker in), Jones pisses off FSU (I think the NCAA would tell FSU to F*ck off), and potentially Durant pissing off Oregon/ASU?

They keep doing this and eventually the NCAA is going to start to listen.

TheRef
12-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Always wondered "Do weather guys geek out about the movie Twister?" guess I know now...

Haha....you're not a true weather nerd if you can't quote the movie...

MSUMatt
12-17-2014, 01:53 PM

TWISTER!!! That's not a moon, it's a space station!

TheRef
12-17-2014, 02:10 PM

You can really feel it with the telephoto lens!

BeardoMSU
12-17-2014, 02:11 PM

http://38.media.tumblr.com/a1b32e8a4810409e80f3a1a8b32018b9/tumblr_mlcxlgFOnJ1qjnz97o1_500.gif

starkvegasdawg
12-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Where did you get so much beef?

Did you see my cows out front?

No.

Ah. Ah.

Ohhhhhhh.

You slaughter your own beef now, Meg. Nice.

TheRef
12-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Where did you get so much beef?

Did you see my cows out front?

No.

Ah. Ah.

Ohhhhhhh.

You slaughter your own beef now, Meg. Nice.

Meg's gravy is famous. It's so good, it should be its own food group.

msstate7
12-17-2014, 02:26 PM
You weather guys are as bad as brave fans about getting off topic haha

TheRef
12-17-2014, 02:27 PM
You weather guys are as bad as brave fans about getting off topic haha

I'm a Braves fan and a weather nerd.....bad combo, dude.

starkvegasdawg
12-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Is that what it was like up on that hill?

That? No.

Those were just downdrafts and microbursts. The tornado just sideswiped us.

BrunswickDawg
12-17-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm a Braves fan and a weather nerd.....bad combo, dude.

So you can quote Bull Durham and Major League too. Combine that with your MSU degree and you will go far padawan.

ETA: Congrats on graduating!

Aces High
12-17-2014, 03:01 PM
It is a yearly tradition in my house to make "aunt megs dinner" once a year.

Greenage.
Finger of God

TheRef
12-17-2014, 03:19 PM
It is a yearly tradition in my house to make "aunt megs dinner" once a year.

Greenage.
Finger of God

So Bill was naked.

I was not naked.

He was naked

I was half naked.

.....naked....

CadaverDawg
12-17-2014, 03:27 PM
http://fanreact.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/4132446-2608613248-tumbl.gif

Just kidding, I love you guys. This thread has me laughing