PDA

View Full Version : Rankin now announcing at 9:30

CadaverDawg
12-17-2014, 08:56 AM
Leo Lewis retweeting his stuff.

Any chance this is a set up? OM is getting Bridges and Jones...,I won't feel safe about Rankin and Swain until the name is on the dotted line.

CadaverDawg
12-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Not trying to sound paranoid, bc we'll be ok either way...but something seems fishy.

Political Hack
12-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Not trying to sound paranoid, bc we'll be ok either way...but something seems fishy.

Fishy as in "why is Lewis concerned about guys that are likely signing with State" or fishy as in "why is an Ole Miss commit concerned about these guys on signing day?"

Could be fishy either way, which just makes the fishiness that much ore complex.

engie
12-17-2014, 09:04 AM
Why would a Leo Lewis RT make you paranoid? And why would a slight delay in the announcement?

Their fax machine went down this morning... Seems like they want to actually be officially signed before making the announcement to me. I've seen a couple of pics of the group of 15-20 guys signing today down there and Swain/Rankin seem pretty inseparable. But crazy things do happen on JUCO signing day. Tony Bridges "signed" with Ole Miss 30 minutes ago, but hasn't managed to get their paperwork to them yet...

CadaverDawg
Fishy as in "why is Lewis concerned about guys that are likely signing with State" or fishy as in "why is an Ole Miss commit concerned about these guys on signing day?"

Could be fishy either way, which just makes the fishiness that much ore complex.

Yep. Both seem fishy. Why would Rankin delay his signing on the morning of after everyone is so sure he is signing with is?

Why would he announce it right after Bridges signed with OM?

Why is Lewis tweeting the delay tweet?

Probably reading too deep, but it seems odd to me. Like I said, I'm not concerned either way, but I'm interested to see if we finally get an OL recruit we're after. And trying to build drama on the board*

thedawg
If signing day were today I would expect Leo to send his signature to State but with him that may change seven times between now and February... Rankin's signing day is today and I expect him to send his signature to State

CadaverDawg
12-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Why would a Leo Lewis RT make you paranoid? And why would a slight delay in the announcement?

Their fax machine went down this morning... Seems like they want to actually be officially signed before making the announcement to me. Tony Bridges "signed" with Ole Miss 30 minutes ago, but hasn't managed to get their paperwork to them yet...

I said I'm "not paranoid". Just making an observation. Don't read to deep. Just doing a little signing day drama, Engie.

engie
12-17-2014, 09:09 AM
https://twitter.com/PatrickOchs

Who you need to follow for up to date info...

Seems to me they are just being team players and letting all of their teammates get their moments, as they are the two uncommitted guys and would be the big story...

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Rosebowl just said that he believes that Rankin and Swain have already signed and are just waiting till 9:30 for a media opportunity. I think we are fine here as both 247 and Rosebowl have called both of these players to us, but, after what happened with Tee last year, I understand the paranoia and concern

CadaverDawg
12-17-2014, 09:17 AM
This will be a good moment for my confidence in Hevesy. It's time he land a guy that we want and need at OL, and that we have to compete with good schools for. Swain is a bonus this recruiting season IMO.

HancockCountyDog
12-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Guys, I just talked to someone that would know, we are good here. Please relax

CadaverDawg
12-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Anybody know if Lewis and Rankin are buds? Would be nice if Rankin helped draw Lewis in.

Just wondering if they had ties

starkvegasdawg
12-17-2014, 09:28 AM
When it comes to recruiting and signing day and TSUN is involved, there is no level of paranoia that is too high.

HancockCountyDog
12-17-2014, 09:30 AM
When it comes to recruiting and signing day and TSUN is involved, there is no level of paranoia that is too high.

The bears aren't a factor for either of these guys. FYI.

defiantdog
12-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Anybody know if Lewis and Rankin are buds? Would be nice if Rankin helped draw Lewis in.

Rankin is the #1 JUCO OL and Leo is a top LB..... Stars stick with stars. That's one of Bama's tactics in recruiting.

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2014, 09:39 AM

Rankin is originally from Mendenhall, so I'm not sure how they would know each other, unless they met on recruiting trips

Coach34
12-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Lewis is retweeting because they are his future teammates

RBritt
12-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Saw Farrod Green play basketball last night. He's big as hell. 6'6" with the help of his frohawk. He's as wide as Leo is and at least 230.

defiantdog
12-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Saw Farrod Green play basketball last night. He's big as hell. 6'6" with the help of his frohawk. He's as wide as Leo is and at least 230.
He should be a good blocking TE for us.