PDA

View Full Version : Randy Shannon

Rayburn8
12-16-2014, 10:55 PM
Saw it on a different board but it would be a great hire. He is the LB coach at Arkansas. Recruiting is not a problem when you can walk in a say "I coached Vilma, Reed, Ray Lewis, etc." If he if interested they should go for it.

deltadawg99
12-16-2014, 11:15 PM
I would be good with that

Coach34
12-16-2014, 11:18 PM
could be a great surprise

Todd4State
12-16-2014, 11:48 PM
I would be all for it. Their defense was one of the toughest we faced all year and I believe they held us to our lowest point total all year and did it in Starkville. Beyond that, he shut out Ole Miss and LSU and held Bama to 14. The only bad game they really had was against Georgia and they had a meltdown in the fourth quarter against Texas A&M, but held them down to 14 for most of the game.

My question is would he take our job?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-16-2014, 11:52 PM
I don't see why he wouldn't take the job. DC >>>> LB Coach.

HoopsDawg
12-16-2014, 11:56 PM
It would probably be a pretty vanilla 4-3, Tampa 2. It works great if you have elite talent like The U. We would need better d ends than what we currently have. I would prefer a more innovative mind with an attacking scheme.

Rayburn8
12-17-2014, 12:07 AM
I would be all for it. Their defense was one of the toughest we faced all year and I believe they held us to our lowest point total all year and did it in Starkville. Beyond that, he shut out Ole Miss and LSU and held Bama to 14. The only bad game they really had was against Georgia and they had a meltdown in the fourth quarter against Texas A&M, but held them down to 14 for most of the game.

My question is would he take our job?
He is not their DC, on Arkansas bio page he is listed at "Assistant head coach"(for whatever that is worth these days) and LB coach.

Todd4State
12-17-2014, 12:58 AM
He is not their DC, on Arkansas bio page he is listed at "Assistant head coach"(for whatever that is worth these days) and LB coach.

Yeah- that was my bad.

Dawgface
12-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Yes, I would be happy with that hire.

KB21
12-17-2014, 09:39 AM
He's well versed in what is called the "Miami 4-3". In that scheme, you typically have a front four that generates most of the pressure, and the linebackers are used to cover a lot of ground. They rely on speed at linebacker. It's another bend but don't break style of defense.