K. Thomas

* I still see Dear as a RB

WR (6)
Gray (JUCO)
Jones
Johnson
D. Thomas
Mixon

* seeing this makes me thing Gray may move outside since Mixon and thomas are both slot guys along with existing Myles and Graham. Thomas/Mixon could also play a scat back/3rd down back role

TE (1)
Green

* Johnson coudl possibly grow into this spot as well

OL (3)
Moon
Champion
Williams

* hopefully we add rankin and a least one more HS lineman

DL (5)
Adams
Joseph
Mullins
Calvin (JUCO)
Jones

*also hoping for good news on Swain

LB (3)
Washingon
McNair
Jung (JUCO)

CB (2)
Smitherman
Stamps

* It may only be 2 but I'm pretty excited about both of these guys

S (3)
Peters
McLaurin
Myers

Athlete (1)
Spivey

Rumors of 2-3 sign and place guys but not sure who they will be yet. Looking the numbers i'd guess maybe a RB and/or one of the DE.

msstate7
12-16-2014, 03:14 PM
I'm a little concerned about te

Irondawg
12-16-2014, 03:52 PM
I'm starting to wonder if we are gonig to start seeing more double slot vs. using a detached TE as much.

RealHastings
12-16-2014, 03:52 PM
What position do we realistically see Spivey playing for us? Safey?

Irondawg
12-16-2014, 03:59 PM
I'd have to guess we start out trying him at safety. It's far and away our biggest position of need so I think we'll try everyone there that might fit the part until we find a few guys who can get the job done.

HoopsDawg
12-16-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm starting to wonder if we are gonig to start seeing more double slot vs. using a detached TE as much.

That's what I'm hoping for. I see Dedrick Thomas redshirting. I see Gray, Myles, Graham, and Mixon all getting on the field b/c they are playmakers.

I don't really like what we are doing at TE. We seem to just be signing High School WR's that are too slow to play WR in the SEC and simply convert them to TE. We only have one "hand in the ground TE" and that is Hutcherson who barely played. I would rather have Gray in the game than Walley/Hammond.

CadaverDawg
12-16-2014, 04:30 PM
I wasn't able to make it out to practice over the weekend, but one of my buddies said Gabe Myles was showing out. Our slot competition is going to be fun to watch going forward. Myles, Gray, Mixon, Graham, Dear...wow. Also heard Jesse Jackson had some pretty impressive plays. He's a guy that many (including myself) have nearly forgotten about since he was injured his Senior year and redshirted this year. I know Jackson isn't a slot guy, but I thought I would mention him

Westdawg
12-16-2014, 04:51 PM
the depth and ability of our WRs is about to take a whole new level of WOW. we were so much better than many teams this year, and next will be unmatched in terms of our history as a school and will arguably be the best in the SEC bar none. aTm may be the only school on the same level, but that will be it.

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2014, 05:56 PM

Ravian Pierce

HancockCountyDog
12-16-2014, 06:13 PM
I don't see how Dontae Jones stays at WR. He is 230 right now. I think he becomes a weapon at TE.

maroonmania
12-16-2014, 06:50 PM
I don't see how Dontae Jones stays at WR. He is 230 right now. I think he becomes a weapon at TE.

On B&B this morning I heard that Jesse Jackson has bulked up a good bit (based on bowl practice observations) and also could be a TE candidate.