PDA

View Full Version : ''Lateral move''

GTHOM
12-16-2014, 02:15 PM
Mullen called collins out today at his presser saying he didnt agree with anyone making a lateral move. Good, finally Mullen showing some pissed off about him. If the egg bowl catastrophe didnt piss him off enough, maybe this just sent him over the edge. A fiery pissed off mullen is the best mullen. give em hell dan

maroonmania
12-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Well now I guess a bunch of ED posters can get all up in Dan's face and explain to him that this is NOT a lateral move and that we are just lil ol' MSU.

Covercorner2
12-16-2014, 02:20 PM
I don't think he is pissed at all. Watch the video. He was simply asked about Geoff leaving for another SEC school and he answered honestly and truthfully. DC=DC. SEC=SEC. It's not like he received a promotion or went to the NFL. It's being taken out of context....

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2014, 02:21 PM
LOL and good for Dan. I guess this puts to bed those "Mullen to Florida" rumors every time the Gator coaches seat gets a bit warm.

GTHOM
12-16-2014, 02:24 PM
I don't think he is pissed at all. Watch the video. He was simply asked about Geoff leaving for another SEC school and he answered honestly and truthfully. DC=DC. SEC=SEC. It's not like he received a promotion or went to the NFL. It's being taken out of context....

if hes not pissed he should be. good for him, its okay for everyone else to call it a lateral move but not okay for mullen?? bull. if the egg bowl didnt piss him off enough i hope this drove him over the edge and we run the score up on GT

drunkernhelldawg
12-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Silence is Golden.

Covercorner2
12-16-2014, 02:27 PM
He may be "pissed," but I don't see that emotion from that comment is all I'm saying. He simply answered a question.

Sacrifice
12-16-2014, 02:27 PM
This is ridiculous, I don't give a damn why our D cordinators leave. All I know is they ARE leaving!! 4 in 6 years is a problem...Has any other college coach gone through 4 D cordinators in 6 years??? I'm starting to believe it's Dan's personality and meddling that's causing it...

whosyourdawgy
12-16-2014, 02:29 PM

Exactly. That one line is being tweeted by everyone and it is out of context by what he was saying. He said he wants his assistants to leave for head coaching jobs not lateral moves He also said he wasn't surprised by it and that Geoff did a great job for us. That the hiring was done in the right way and that we'd still be the psycho defense. He wasn't dogging Collins for taking the job at all.

Hell. More money, no state income tax, one step closer to trying to get a head coaching job. I completely understand why Collins took the job.

GTHOM
12-16-2014, 02:30 PM
This is ridiculous, I don't give a damn why our D cordinators leave. All I know is they ARE leaving!! 4 in 6 years is a problem...Has any other college coach gone through 4 D cordinators in 6 years??? I'm starting to believe it's Dan's personality and meddling that's causing it...

i dont know how much mullen has to do with the defensive gameplan, but anybody who knows football could see our constant zone coverage and corner blitzes killed us. thats why all the ''mullen is making collins play conservative'' talk confused me sometimes because zone is conservative but a CB blitz is about as risky as it gets. and it worked maybe once. something needed to change regardless. hopefully we get a d coordinator who gets after everybodies ass and can get kids to play for him cough cough orgeron

Really Clark?
12-16-2014, 02:31 PM

Soooo we should have kept Torbush? Kept Diaz from leaving after one year to Texas? Or kept Wilson as our DC? Two of those three we asked to move on, which were the correct decisions.

GTHOM
12-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Exactly. That one line is being tweeted by everyone and it is out of context by what he was saying. He said he wants his assistants to leave for head coaching jobs not lateral moves He also said he wasn't surprised by it and that Geoff did a great job for us. That the hiring was done in the right way and that we'd still be the psycho defense. He wasn't dogging Collins for taking the job at all.

Hell. More money, no state income tax, one step closer to trying to get a head coaching job. I completely understand why Collins took the job.

we were not the psycho defense since auburn

Covercorner2
12-16-2014, 02:33 PM

Auburn is on it's 4th DC since 2011. They are doing ok as a program...

Jacksondevildog
12-16-2014, 02:36 PM
Mullen is just taking up for his program and trying to perpetuate the image that we are on par with Florida. I, for one, am glad that he does this. Even though he may not think that, he at least states that in interviews. It's better than the old woe is me MSU attitude from a generation that needs to die off.

LC Dawg
12-16-2014, 02:37 PM

If I'm not mistaken Saban is on his 4th offensive coordinator in 8 years and after next year will probably be on number 5 so I don't think this is overly alarming. We did just go 10-2 so I think we'll be ok.

Homedawg
12-16-2014, 02:44 PM

2 got fired, two left for top ten jobs in the country. Call it lateral or whatever, that's a fact. I think you are reading too much into it. If we win, people want our coaches.

1998Dawg
12-16-2014, 02:48 PM
leave it to the media to take this and run with it. typical clarion liar stuff. I'm sure Bucky is spewing this stuff to recruits as we speak. Fact is, this stuff is normal and happens at all the top programs Bama, LSU, Oregon, Miss St, Florida ST, you name it. Just media trying to run with stuff.

Coach34
12-16-2014, 02:51 PM

The good ones have left with a nice raise