PDA

View Full Version : Big day tomorrow for our 2015 season....

HoopsDawg
12-16-2014, 01:28 PM
We have the potential to sign 4 players, all with major SEC offers, and all who could participate in spring practice which is huge. All 4 of these guys would be, at a minimum, in our 2 deep.

Lose Jameon: Replace with Gray

Lose PJ Jones: Replace with Swain

Lose Clausell: Replace with Rankin

Lose Preston Smith: Replace with Calvin

msstate7
12-16-2014, 01:53 PM
How likely is swain? Think the other 3 are very likely

HoopsDawg
12-16-2014, 01:59 PM
How likely is swain? Think the other 3 are very likely

Well, I think it was very likely before Collins left. I'm not sure now. It's either MSU, AU, or UK. He and Rankin are good friends and have talked about going to the same school. He knows we lost both starters at DT. We will find out at 8:00 tomorrow morning.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-16-2014, 02:05 PM
I'm not saying we get him but losing Collins doesn't affect Swain in any way. Collins was 3rd as far as coaches who Swain talked to & maybe 4th. Turner & Johnson are 1 & 2 & then either Collins or Mullen next.

CadaverDawg
12-16-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm not saying we get him but losing Collins doesn't affect Swain in any way. Collins was 3rd as far as coaches who Swain talked to & maybe 4th. Turner & Johnson are 1 & 2 & then either Collins or Mullen next.

If you had to put percentages on each of the players listed, what would you put right now?

HoopsDawg
12-16-2014, 02:09 PM

When you play on Defense and a team you are considering is losing their Defensive Coordinator, it's a little naive to think that "doesn't affect him in any way".

HoopsDawg
12-16-2014, 02:10 PM
If you had to put percentages on each of the players listed, what would you put right now?

Gray: 100%
Calvin: 99%
Rankin: 75%
Swain: 50%

Ifyouonlyknew
12-16-2014, 02:12 PM
Gray 100%
Calvin 100%
Rankin 90%
Swain 55%

GTHOM
12-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Id say we are in really good shape with all 4, we should get at least 3, the least likely is swain but we have as good of a shot at him as anybody.....anybody know about gabe campbell from yazoo city? hes not a juco player i just thought id ask.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-16-2014, 02:25 PM
When you play on Defense and a team you are considering is losing their Defensive Coordinator, it's a little naive to think that "doesn't affect him in any way".

OK not in any way. It would have a minimal effect on his decision.

Bama_Dawg
12-16-2014, 02:35 PM
I can't wait to see Gray returning kicks next year...immediate impact player right there.

Thick
12-16-2014, 02:38 PM
I don't think a DC leaving affects a DL too much at least not at MSU. Why you ask, because we don't do anything like OM does with their DL. If we were a stunting, gap shooting, aggressive front 4, I would be worried. As it stands, we are going to get Swain or not, and that decision has probably been made regardless of who our DC is. Hopefully, he likes Turner.

SouthMsDawg
12-16-2014, 03:37 PM
I highly doubt that Calvin starts over Ryan Brown or AJ

HoopsDawg
12-16-2014, 03:47 PM
I highly doubt that Calvin starts over Ryan Brown or AJ

No one said that. I said all 4 players will be in our 2 deep next year which makes them more valuable to our immediate future than any high school kid.

jumbo
12-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Gray- 100%
Calvin- 100%
Rankin- 100%
Swain- 51%

nobody (including Auburn peeps) seem to know what Swain is going to do.

RougeDawg
12-16-2014, 04:25 PM
No one said that. I said all 4 players will be in our 2 deep next year which makes them more valuable to our immediate future than any high school kid.

So they will be running with the B's?**

dawgpound
12-16-2014, 04:30 PM
We get the first three for sure and I think we pull Swain in too.... I'm really excited about Rankin and think Gray can be the punt returner we have been looking for. No more just hoping we dont turn it over on punt returns.

HancockCountyDog
12-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Is there anything more shady than early signing day juco recruiting.

All of a sudden Juco coaches get hired at SEC schools, kids disappear, guys sign at random at places. I fully expect the bears to pull some shenanigans and try and land the DJ Jones kid from EMCC. They apparently are trying to grab a ASU commit as well, i swear they do no recruiting or scouting of their own.

I really hope they don't steal this Jones kids out of EMCC. Then again, I expect EMCC's head coach to all of a sudden become the bears' new LB coach.

Dawg496
12-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Is there anything more shady than early signing day juco recruiting.

All of a sudden Juco coaches get hired at SEC schools, kids disappear, guys sign at random at places. I fully expect the bears to pull some shenanigans and try and land the DJ Jones kid from EMCC. They apparently are trying to grab a ASU commit as well, i swear they do no recruiting or scouting of their own.

I really hope they don't steal this Jones kids out of EMCC. Then again, I expect EMCC's head coach to all of a sudden become the bears' new LB coach.

All the latest crystal balls on 247 have him going to Ole Miss. Interestingly, the crystal ball gives FSU no chance, even though he is committed there. Go figure.

HancockCountyDog
12-16-2014, 05:27 PM
All the latest crystal balls on 247 have him going to Ole Miss. Interestingly, the crystal ball gives FSU no chance, even though he is committed there. Go figure.

That is Juco recruiting for you.

Homedawg
12-16-2014, 05:32 PM
Word is jones to rebels and the Rebs were helped as a part of the jay Johnson to emcc. Buddy Stephens isn't making a lot of friends.

msstate7
12-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Word is jones to rebels and the Rebs were helped as a part of the jay Johnson to emcc. Buddy Stephens isn't making a lot of friends.

The last guy I'd send my recruit to in juco is Stephens

Okrastar1
12-16-2014, 09:16 PM
I can't wait to see Gray returning kicks next year...immediate impact player right there.

I hat to be the bearer of bad news , but I believe it is in the works to get Damien Robinson another year so we can put him in for kickoff returns...

archdog
12-17-2014, 10:27 AM
CALVIN is in per Twitter