PDA

View Full Version : Why all the whining.............

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2014, 12:17 PM
about Collins leaving? Heck, most of this board (and all our other boards) wanted to run him off at least 3-4 times this year, most recently after our last game.

GTHOM
12-16-2014, 12:24 PM
let him go as far as im concerned

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2014, 12:27 PM
about Collins leaving? Heck, most of this board (and all our other boards) wanted to run him off at least 3-4 times this year, most recently after our last game.

Because most competent people didn't have that opinion and to me it's more about him leaving the day before signing day.

Bama_Dawg
12-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Geoff is a good coach, but Mullen is the guy with the overall plan. Just get a guy that can buy into the plan and execute. I'm worried about the timing of the change because of the option based offense we will be facing come NYE. We needed consistency on defense to plan for the option.

maroonmania
12-16-2014, 12:28 PM

Don't make things up. There was some criticizing of some of our defensive play during the year as there is every year but I never saw any reasonable poster on here trying to run off Collins.

GTHOM
12-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Geoff is a good coach, but Mullen is the guy with the overall plan. Just get a guy that can buy into the plan and execute. I'm worried about the timing of the change because of the option based offense we will be facing come NYE. We needed consistency on defense to plan for the option.

youve got a good point about the option prep, hopefully we can handle it. we wont have to change anything gameplan wise, itll be just somebody else calling the plays. anything is better than all zone and corner blitzes...

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Don't make things up. There was some criticizing of some of our defensive play during the year as there is every year but I never saw any reasonable poster on here trying to run off Collins.

I'm not making up anything. There were plenty, many of them reasonable. I'm not fussed to be honest. I wouldn't have been if he had stayed either. I think he is a decent coach, but not good enough to warrant all this "sky is falling" crap. Move on and go hire another one.

quickstrike2
12-16-2014, 12:39 PM
It's really all about recruiting to me. I just hate that it could have some impact there. It seems like when Manny left, a certain school used that to attack us majorly and hurt us.

trob115
12-16-2014, 12:57 PM
I really don't see collins leaving us hurting our recruiting this year. It may make a difference with Swain, but since he and Rankin are good friends I think we still have a good shot of getting him. Other than that, the only thing we need to worry about is getting the right coach in place, whether that be before the bowl or after.

sandwolf
12-16-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm not making up anything.

Yes you are. There isn't an MSU board out there that had a majority of its posters calling for Collins to be run off. You absolutely made that up.

Raytoraid83
12-16-2014, 01:03 PM
It's really all about recruiting to me. I just hate that it could have some impact there. It seems like when Manny left, a certain school used that to attack us majorly and hurt us.

That was set up from day one. Manny was just a good excuse to give the go for the "flip". The only coach leaving that would have a major impact on recruiting is Tony Hughes. Leo has already tweeted "football is a business" and Smithermans uncle tweeted that he is committed to the program not one particular coach.

CadaverDawg
12-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Yes you are. There isn't an MSU board out there that had a majority of its posters calling for Collins to be run off. You absolutely made that up.

exactly.

And I have yet to see any "sky is falling" stuff from anybody, except for maybe a select few.

Pointless thread imo.

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2014, 02:06 PM
The very vocal few. So you guys are like me then, not fussed either way on this one. I wasn't making it up though. Egg Bowl memories have faded fast. I believe I was defending Collins from the herd back then, lol. People were livid and Collins was taking a lot of heat. Move on and hire another one. As long as we keep Mullen we will be fine.

GTHOM
12-16-2014, 02:27 PM
The very vocal few. So you guys are like me then, not fussed either way on this one. I wasn't making it up though. Egg Bowl memories have faded fast. I believe I was defending Collins from the herd back then, lol. People were livid and Collins was taking a lot of heat. Move on and hire another one. As long as we keep Mullen we will be fine.

this is true, liverpool called me out for hating on collins for like a week straight, still think he deserved the hate but he didnt make it up