PDA

View Full Version : Congrats UF, you just got a coach....

HoopsDawg
12-16-2014, 11:08 AM
whose Defense was 122nd in the country in passing yards allowed. Who had Jay Hughes matched up man to man with Amari Cooper in the redzone. And who couldn't stop an Ole Miss team playing without its 2 top WR's. Not to mention the ridiculous 1A/1B crap and an endless supply of corner blitzes.

The MSU D-coordinator position is like being the head coach at Cincy. It leads to bigger jobs. Manny to Texas. Collins to UF. Most defensive coordinators have success here b/c we have great athletes in this State on the defensive side of the ball.

gravedigger
12-16-2014, 11:19 AM
You sound bitter.

mparkerfd20
12-16-2014, 11:20 AM
He sounds correct.

fishwater99
12-16-2014, 11:24 AM
I am fine with him leaving. He did not do a good job this year, imo...

HoopsDawg
12-16-2014, 11:31 AM
I am fine with him leaving. He did not do a good job this year, imo...

I agree. I want to see more pre-snap movmement and more creative blitzes. Collins talked a lot about juice and being aggressive, but his schemes and play calling were contradictory to his talk. We were a bend but don't break D.

LC Dawg
12-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Maybe his players at Florida will get orange juice points.

GTHOM
12-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Im fine with him leaving too, and I also agree he didnt do a very good job, but i also wonder how much Mullen had to say over what he called defensively

maroonmania
12-16-2014, 11:56 AM
I agree. I want to see more pre-snap movmement and more creative blitzes. Collins talked a lot about juice and being aggressive, but his schemes and play calling were contradictory to his talk. We were a bend but don't break D.

No doubt the juice was sucked out of our defense this year I guess the question was did Collins really have total autonomy in calling his defense or was Mullen monkeying with things on that side of the ball? Our psycho defense definitely turned into the sane defense by year's end.

DownwardDawg
12-16-2014, 11:58 AM
I've been real busy this morning and last night so I just now logged on and read the news. I'm pretty excited he's leaving. I saw NOTHING in our defense this year that inspired me. Chris Jones got worse. LB's were about the same as last year. Our pass D sucked all year. We gave up big play after big play all season. We couldn't tackle ole miss' 150 lb running backs.
I'm ready for a real D coordinator.

GTHOM
12-16-2014, 12:09 PM
I've been real busy this morning and last night so I just now logged on and read the news. I'm pretty excited he's leaving. I saw NOTHING in our defense this year that inspired me. Chris Jones got worse. LB's were about the same as last year. Our pass D sucked all year. We gave up big play after big play all season. We couldn't tackle ole miss' 150 lb running backs.
I'm ready for a real D coordinator.

hell yeah

Liverpooldawg
12-16-2014, 12:10 PM
I'm honestly not fussed OR SUPRISED about him leaving. We have enough talent on defense to be a lot better than we are.

Political Hack
12-16-2014, 12:25 PM
I think he landed on his feet at Florida...

basedog
12-16-2014, 01:04 PM
Collins isn't a house hold name, we can do better.