PDA

View Full Version : Question about DNF, any new info on timeline.

Offshore Dawg
12-16-2014, 09:43 AM
Also any information on cost and availability of Left field lofts.

dawgpound
12-16-2014, 10:21 AM
Usually with projects like this, they will put out the renderings like they did in efforts to raise money and then put out new renderings and plans which are much more scaled back and less expensive than original renderings.

breazy
12-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Usually with projects like this, they will put out the renderings like they did in efforts to raise money and then put out new renderings and plans which are much more scaled back and less expensive than original renderings.

you've not paid much attention to the north endzone expansion. The original pictures they put out are almost carbon copy to what we got. This admin isn't in the habit of pumping out pretty pictures to give the fanbase a chub then changing their minds later.

messageboardsuperhero
12-16-2014, 07:46 PM
you've not paid much attention to the north endzone expansion. The original pictures they put out are almost carbon copy to what we got. This admin isn't in the habit of pumping out pretty pictures to give the fanbase a chub then changing their minds later.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Don't mistake out administration for the UM administration under Pete Boone. Given the first rate nature of the football expansion, Mize Pavilion, Seal Complex, etc.- Stricklin has given us zero reason to believe that the DNF renderings will be "much more scaled back" when it comes time to build.

Obviously the initial renderings are not final and will change some, but I fully expect it to be just as amazing when built. It will be the premier college baseball facility in America.

As for timeline... I'd say it'll probably break ground after the 2016 season- but could possibly start after this year depending on where we are fundraising and planning wise. After the 2016 season is probably the most realistic though.

Bothrops
12-16-2014, 08:53 PM
To do anything less than what was proposed would only be hurting ourselves.

Bama_Dawg
12-17-2014, 08:02 AM
I'm still not sold on the new LFL if the renderings hold true. But I guess I need to let go of the past.

ScottH
12-17-2014, 09:57 AM
As end of November, 5mm or so pledged. At least a couple of 500k's in there.

Turn dirt after final pitch 2016.

Aces High
12-17-2014, 09:58 AM
They wont break ground until at least 20 million is raised. Minimum.

That said, I seriously doubt the 40 million dollar price tag on those renderings. I just hope we dont get a lesser version because what they showed definately cost more than 40 million.