PDA

View Full Version : Is Jay Hughes returning next year?

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2014, 07:57 PM
I was under the impression that he wasn't, but he just tweeted this:

Jay Hughes
‏@j30playsguitar
We're going to be an even better team next year.. Yikes

Whether he is or not, I'm curious what sparked him to say this today

Coach34
12-15-2014, 08:09 PM
it's an option- he isnt going to the NFL and he could get a 6th year

MSUDawg4Life
12-15-2014, 08:10 PM
Or he could be using "we" the same way us old farts who've been out of school 20+ years use "we".

engie
12-15-2014, 08:11 PM
Would be great if he did. Either way, I get the impression from hearing him speak that it'll still be "we" 50 years from now...

It's also some nice insight into how great we can be next year...

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2014, 08:14 PM
Would be great if he did. Either way, I get the impression from hearing him speak that it'll still be "we" 50 years from now...

It's also some nice insight into how great we can be next year...

I agree. I just wonder what happened today for him to say this? Most of the time, players that are leaving don't say things like this because it is kinda like saying, "The team is better without me."

Either way, something happened today, and he is either extremely humble, which he is, or he is coming back

Coach34
12-15-2014, 08:21 PM
He's a "glue" guy. If he comes back? Great.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2014, 08:36 PM
It's been pretty well understood that this was Jay last year. He has his degree & is close to getting his masters. I think he's planning on going to law school next year. I think he's just looking at the young guys practicing with the start of bowl prep & sees a lot of young talent.

RBritt
12-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Maybe he and Dak can both go play at Ole Miss since they both have graduated early.

rrog17
12-15-2014, 09:39 PM
UMiss has Swag Kelly. No way they would have Dak!****

bulldawg28
12-15-2014, 11:00 PM
UMiss has Swag Kelly. No way they would have Dak!****

Or Hughes in the black bear secondary.

KB21
12-16-2014, 07:50 AM
I'd be willing to bet that Jay will find his way into a coaching spot at some point.

MetEdDawg
12-16-2014, 08:04 AM
I'd be willing to bet that Jay will find his way into a coaching spot at some point.

This to me is as obvious of a graduate assistant hire as you are going to find. Mullen needs to hire him as a grad assistant and keep him in the program. Not only does he know the team, know the mission, and know where MSU is trying to go, but he carries his father's name which holds a lot of weight in the state of MS. We groom him to eventually replace his dad as safeties coach.

I really can't think of a single drawback here with that scenario. Think it's a win all around in my opinion.