PDA

View Full Version : Great job by Bo Bounds on Finebaum

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Bo just went on Finebaum and basically told the truth about where football in Mississippi is and where it's going. He said he doesn't think Mullen would go to Michigan and told Paul why.

It seemed to rock Paul's world a little, since I think the national media doesn't quite get it, but Bo made some great points, in the end, may have won the discussion.

Thanks for standing up for Mississippi today Bo!

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Paul's world is turned upside down right now. Old people just can't fathom how the world has changed. That or they won't accept it.

It's like some are rooting for Mullen to leave MSU

Pollodawg
12-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Of course they are. MSU broke out of its role this last season. People are uncomfortable.

maroonmania
12-15-2014, 05:08 PM
Bo just went on Finebaum and basically told the truth about where football in Mississippi is and where it's going. He said he doesn't think Mullen would go to Michigan and told Paul why.

It seemed to rock Paul's world a little, since I think the national media doesn't quite get it, but Bo made some great points, in the end, may have won the discussion.

Thanks for standing up for Mississippi today Bo!

What were the points he made?

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2014, 05:14 PM
What were the points he made?

1. Nebraska isn't a top 20 job

2. The state of Michigan has no players

3. Following Alabama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, FL, & UGA, there isn't a "Pennies worth of difference between MSU, OM, TN, SC, Mizzou, & Arkansas

4. Mullen can recruit better players and have better teams at MSU than Michigan

5. The he said, "We keep saying that Michigan, TN, Notre Dame, etc are big programs that are on their way back, but now we are a decade or more into saying that about them. Maybe they aren't coming back."

That's basically it. Paul's facial expressions seemed to suggest that he though Bo was crazy, but that's because Paul is old and hasn't changed his way of thinking

Ralph
12-15-2014, 05:18 PM
Paul seems literally threatened that State is gaining on Bama. After the Bama win he was so smirk on his show about it. I hate OM as much as the next guy, but after they beat Bama it was pretty fun watching Paul squirm. Such an elitist when it comes to MS sports.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2014, 05:19 PM
I'll say this: Bo is probably going to be made fun of for being a homer and being delusional by people outside of MS, however, the first guy through the door always catches the bullets. Bo is one if not the first person to say these things on a national stage, and it should be expected that many if not most will disagree.

However, it puts it in their minds, and, if MSU puts up another great year next year, it starts to become more of a reality in their minds.

Much respect for Bo accepting to be the one that was willing to take those bullets. It will help in the long run so long as MSU and or Ole Miss continue to win

maroonmania
12-15-2014, 05:22 PM
1. Nebraska isn't a top 20 job

2. The state of Michigan has no players

3. Following Alabama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, FL, & UGA, there isn't a "Pennies worth of difference between MSU, OM, TN, SC, Mizzou, & Arkansas

4. Mullen can recruit better players and have better teams at MSU than Michigan

5. The he said, "We keep saying that Michigan, TN, Notre Dame, etc are big programs that are on their way back, but now we are a decade or more into saying that about them. Maybe they aren't coming back."

That's basically it. Paul's facial expressions seemed to suggest that he though Bo was crazy, but that's because Paul is old and hasn't changed his way of thinking

Yep, for those that have heard Paul for years over here in Alabama BEFORE he went on the SEC network they will know that it is literally only 3 or 4 years ago that Paul was making fun of State and Ole Miss routinely and was calling both of us "garbage schools". Paul is MUCH more diplomatic now as he represents the entire SEC but that doesn't mean that what he REALLY thinks behind his "SEC mask" has changed much. We will always be a garbage school to him I'm sure. He's too intertwined with how things in the SEC have always been to think any differently unless we win big for a long period of time. Glad Bo threw some cold water in his face.

Johnson85
12-15-2014, 06:32 PM

I don't understand why this is so hard for people to grasp. None of those programs have any particular competitive advantage. Yes, they all have money, but with the SEC TV contract, basically every SEC team has enough money to spend on football to neutralize that advantage, Oregon has enough Nike money to neutralize it, and there are still teams like Texas, FSU, USC, OSU, and UCLA that have money and better recruiting grounds. Then you throw in schools like Nebraska, Penn State, Ok. State, etc. and you can basically fill out a to 25 without getting to a team that Michigan or Notre Dame should clearly out perform. Michigan and Notre Dame are each just another program now. Theya re fortunate enough that if they get a good coach, they have the resources to win big. But neither are programs that have any particular reason, outside of hiring a good coach, to expect to be in the top 15 year in and year out.

IMissJack
12-15-2014, 06:58 PM
If MSU was in any other division, much less conference in the country this year, we would probably have 1 loss or less. How many times in the past, when MSU won 5-7 games then playing against Bama, Aub, Ark, LSU, OM every year, would MSU have won 9 in any other conference? I think several.

Dawgcentral
12-15-2014, 07:00 PM
Just to mention, Being televised weekly has sure made a difference. Once upon a time, Michigan and N.Dame were going to be on weekly. Now those games are what folks watch when there's no major SEC matchup to be found.

Sure they have their loyal followers, and a greater intensity in population, but the world is a smaller place now. And they can't match the intensity and passion of the SEC.

Mutt the Hoople
12-16-2014, 12:27 AM
None of you get it about Paul Finebaum. He's simply an entertainer, nothing more. If he thought Gardening was the most popular sport in the South, he'd be talking shit about Begonias and Azaleas. Phyllis from Mulga would be screaming, "DON' YOU B BADMOUTHING MAH ROSES!"

Dawgface
12-16-2014, 06:56 AM
I can't stand him and have no idea why they have that big eared tool on. He has no personality and interupts every caller. And all the redneck regulars they let through......well damn, they are awful. I watch maybe maybe 2 hours a week and not sure why I watch that much.