PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with Linton and

AlSwearengen
12-14-2014, 10:54 PM
The wr that flipped from us to the Bears early in the year? I saw someone mention that Linton was looking around now and the wr might not qualify. Can someone shed some light on this? Especially Linton.

engie
12-14-2014, 11:00 PM
No "might not qualify" on Johnson... He's officially out apparently...

http://nemisspreps.com/2014/12/11/bruce-ole-miss-commit-sign-emcc/

Todd4State
12-14-2014, 11:26 PM
No "might not qualify" on Johnson... He's officially out apparently...

http://nemisspreps.com/2014/12/11/bruce-ole-miss-commit-sign-emcc/

How on Earth does he expect to get back to Ole Miss after one year of JUCO?

Todd4State
12-14-2014, 11:27 PM
The wr that flipped from us to the Bears early in the year? I saw someone mention that Linton was looking around now and the wr might not qualify. Can someone shed some light on this? Especially Linton.

I don't know- the rumor is Linton is looking around. He could be their Sammie Epps for Christmas season though.

I'll pay more attention to it once he actually legitimately de-commits. Key word being legitimate.

engie
12-14-2014, 11:30 PM
That's what I wanted to know. Unless it isn't a grade issue...

Todd4State
12-14-2014, 11:38 PM
That's what I wanted to know. Unless it isn't a grade issue...

Going off of his high school stats in that article and knowing how Ole Miss is, they're probably using him. They're using him to keep their "in" at EMCC or to try to further that relationship. And by telling him that he is essentially a sign and place at EMCC after one year- then he can commit for the 2016 class as a four star. And then when they tell him about this time of year next year to go back to EMCC for his sophomore year, then they have a four star commit for 2017.

Skydawg1
12-14-2014, 11:40 PM
How on Earth does he expect to get back to Ole Miss after one year of JUCO? William Robert Wallace only went to JUCO for a year, then transferred to Ole Miss and played 3 years. Was his situation different since he came from A-State to EMCC?

Todd4State
12-14-2014, 11:44 PM
William Robert Wallace only went to JUCO for a year, then transferred to Ole Miss and played 3 years. Was his situation different since he came from A-State to EMCC?

Yes, because he redshirted his freshman year at Arkansas State. Then he played his redshirt freshman year at EMCC and then finished out his last three years of his career at Ole Miss.

Jay Johnson hasn't even graduated high school yet.

Bubb Rubb
12-14-2014, 11:45 PM
William Robert Wallace only went to JUCO for a year, then transferred to Ole Miss and played 3 years. Was his situation different since he came from A-State to EMCC?

He went to Arkansas State first and transferred to EMCC. That's different - he qualified for a FBS school and chose to go JUCO instead of sitting out a year per transfer rules. If you don't qualify and have to go the JUCO route, it's a different story.

Skydawg1
12-14-2014, 11:47 PM
Yes, because he redshirted his freshman year at Arkansas State. Then he played his redshirt freshman year at EMCC and then finished out his last three years of his career at Ole Miss.

Jay Johnson hasn't even graduated high school yet...

maroonmania
12-14-2014, 11:53 PM
I don't know- the rumor is Linton is looking around. He could be their Sammie Epps for Christmas season though.

I'll pay more attention to it once he actually legitimately de-commits. Key word being legitimate.

Heck, you know OM when it comes to recruiting. If they can't get one of our commits to flip to them or some other SEC schools' commit to flip to them they will just have one of their own commits decommit and then flip right back to them for the media attention. They did it last year and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they do it again this year.

Todd4State
12-15-2014, 12:22 AM
Heck, you know OM when it comes to recruiting. If they can't get one of our commits to flip to them or some other SEC schools' commit to flip to them they will just have one of their own commits decommit and then flip right back to them for the media attention. They did it last year and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they do it again this year.

It's actually quite amusing because they think that they are getting all of our fans riled up and think we don't know what's going on.

The funny thing is if Dan really wanted to- and I'm not advocating that he do this- he could probably have our guys flip and do hat fakes and all of that stuff and Ole Miss probably WOULD fall for it.

EAVdog
12-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Bruce may not have all the required courses to get into full University in MS. I know Vardaman (both in Calhoun County) relies on correspondence to get foreign languages in. Otherwise kids can't qualify for full admission.

At least that's what I've heard. Maybe he just needs to take some more classes to qualify for enrollment?

I think Linton is just trying to set up an OV the same weekend that LL is going to be on campus to try and keep tabs on him. Doing the Rev's work for him.

Todd4State
12-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Bruce may not have all the required courses to get into full University in MS. I know Vardaman (both in Calhoun County) relies on correspondence to get foreign languages in. Otherwise kids can't qualify for full admission.

At least that's what I've heard. Maybe he just needs to take some more classes to qualify for enrollment?

I think Linton is just trying to set up an OV the same weekend that LL is going to be on campus to try and keep tabs on him. Doing the Rev's work for him.

Per the Jackie Sherrill rule, if he doesn't qualify he has to spend two seasons in JUCO period. The quickest way for him to get into college as a non-qualifier and get max eligibility would be for him to essentially do what Donald Gray has done- go four semesters including the summer and then come in the spring semester. Gray also redshirted his freshman year, but JUCO's aren't going to do that to only get one year out of a player. And the only reason why Gray redshirted was because of an injury.

If that is what Linton is trying to do, our staff will keep up with it and is smart enough to separate their visits.

maroonmania
12-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Per the Jackie Sherrill rule, if he doesn't qualify he has to spend two seasons in JUCO period. The quickest way for him to get into college as a non-qualifier and get max eligibility would be for him to essentially do what Donald Gray has done- go four semesters including the summer and then come in the spring semester. Gray also redshirted his freshman year, but JUCO's aren't going to do that to only get one year out of a player. And the only reason why Gray redshirted was because of an injury.

If that is what Linton is trying to do, our staff will keep up with it and is smart enough to separate their visits.

If you are trying to preserve the max number of years to play in the SEC and aren't qualified you need to go the prep school route if you can afford it. I'm sure the OM "network" would provide the funds in some manner if needed.

sandwolf
12-15-2014, 05:40 PM

I would be really surprised if we brought him in for an OV.....we already have 2 safeties committed in McLaurin and Peters, and from what I gathered after Jarvis Wilson flipped to UGA, we weren't looking to find another safety to replace him with. I don't think that MSU is an option for Linton anymore, even if he really wanted to come.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2014, 06:02 PM
I would be really surprised if we brought him in for an OV.....we already have 2 safeties committed in McLaurin and Peters, and from what I gathered after Jarvis Wilson flipped to UGA, we weren't looking to find another safety to replace him with. I don't think that MSU is an option for Linton anymore, even if he really wanted to come.

Speaking of which, now that Wilson has signed with UGA, what happened there? Does anyone know the true story?

Todd4State
12-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Speaking of which, now that Wilson has signed with UGA, what happened there? Does anyone know the true story?

I think he just wanted to play WR more than anything and his high school coach helped him out.