PDA

View Full Version : The U: Part 2

Rick Danko
12-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Any thoughts on it? I admit as I was growing up I liked the Canes, don't remember why, if it was the color of their jerseys or the fact they won, but as a kid, I did. Just interesting watching now the U part 2 after the original one. Really liked both. Anyone else with thoughts on them?

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2014, 06:32 PM
I saw the 2nd one last night, and was surprised to hear that Santana Moss was a walk-on that was on a track scholarship. Butch Davis was using scholarships from other sports to help supplement the football team, since they were on probation.

Rick Danko
12-14-2014, 08:02 PM
I saw the 2nd one last night, and was surprised to hear that Santana Moss was a walk-on that was on a track scholarship. Butch Davis was using scholarships from other sports to help supplement the football team, since they were on probation.

Heard that as well. No way that's still legal, hell Bama would have 15 4-5star players on each squad not named football

Floridawg
12-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Sucks they had that BS pass interference call against Ohio State, got robbed from back to back national championships.

Rick Danko
12-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Sucks they had that BS pass interference call against Ohio State, got robbed from back to back national championships.

Never been so upset about a game in my younger days, for sure they were robbed

bulldawg28
12-14-2014, 08:18 PM
They were LOADED!!!

M.Fillmore
12-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Butch Davis was using scholarships from other sports to help supplement the football team, since they were on probation.

Butch was copying the idea used by Fredo to get to the College World Series in the early 1970's. They had baseball players on swimming scholarships when they didn't have a swimming team.
The NCAA caught them and did nothing. I read where Daddy Manning's college room mate said he didn't have to buy clothes because the BearShark boosters would leave boxes of new clothes in front of their room as gifts. Three years later we got hammered by the NCAA for a clothing discount when Larry Gillard paid for his own clothes.

Floridawg
12-14-2014, 08:55 PM
They were definitely load. I wish recruiting sites when back to the late 90's, wonder those classes were rated.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2014, 09:02 PM
They were definitely load. I wish recruiting sites when back to the late 90's, wonder those classes were rated.

I hear you. The classes would have had to be number 1. The 2001 team is the most talented team in college football history. They had a Pro Bowler at most every position.

FlabLoser
12-15-2014, 05:17 PM
They were LOADED!!!

Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, and Jeremey Shockey one the field at the same time catching passes. Just damn.

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Reggie Wayne, Santana Moss, and Jeremey Shockey one the field at the same time catching passes. Just damn.

And Andre Johnson, Kellen Winslow, Clinton Portis, and Najeh Davenport

jumbo
12-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Edgerin James to Clinton Portis to Najeh Davenport to Willis McGahee to Frank Gore. that's insane

KB21
12-15-2014, 06:11 PM
That 2001 team had something like 37 draft picks on the team. Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow Jr were on the bench on that team.

I would add this. Due to the recruiting base they have, this is the one program that I think could be competitive with the SEC on a yearly basis. Heck, that 2001 team would have beaten any SEC team in any year, IMO. They have to get the right coach though, and Al Golden isn't the right guy. They need someone who will embrace the swagger that those South Florida athletes have and run a style that is conducive to showcasing their skills. That is what Butch Davis did. I wonder if at some point Miami will consider hiring Butch Davis again.

TUSK
12-15-2014, 09:26 PM
Heard that as well. No way that's still legal, hell Bama would have 15 4-5star players on each squad not named football

I sure hope this guy makes it on to our Rowing Team:

http://247sports.com/Player/Daron-Payne-32071

gravedigger
12-15-2014, 09:49 PM
I despised miami then and not much has changed but i do like the story. I never liked m irvin and even less now. So much mouth.

We beat them 2 out of 3 years in the early 80s. I think schnellenberger pulled them off the field when we beat them there without shaking hands.

Typical bitches.

TUSK
12-15-2014, 10:01 PM
I despised miami then and not much has changed but i do like the story. I never liked m irvin and even less now. So much mouth.

We beat them 2 out of 3 years in the early 80s. I think schnellenberger pulled them off the field when we beat them there without shaking hands.

Typical bitches.

Lamar Thomas had a big mouth, as well:

til this.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHJfQGVmjmc

bulldawg28
12-15-2014, 11:13 PM
I sure hope this guy makes it on to our Rowing Team:

http://247sports.com/Player/Daron-Payne-32071

He looks like Kmedechee.