PDA

View Full Version : OT: Oregon QBs

defiantdog
12-13-2014, 12:46 PM
We had a conversation about PAC 12 qbs being successful in the NFL the other day. It made me think about Mariota and how he's going to be given the Heisman trophy tonight. It also made me think about other "great" Oregon qbs that sucked in the NFL.

Chris Miller (13th overall pick in the NFL draft) - had decent success with the Falcons but was over shadowed by Deon Sanders.
Akili Smith (3rd overall pick in the NFL draft) - was awful for the Bengals and I think he only started 10 games his entire NFL career.
A.J. Feeley (5th round pick) - I believe he's been a back up for every team in the NFL.
Joey Harrington (3rd overall pick in the NFL draft) - Matt Millen picked him for the Detroit Lions..... enough said.
Kellen Clemens (2nd round pick) - Like Feeley, he's a back up everywhere.
Jeremiah Masoli (undrafted) - Couldn't stop screwing up at Oregon so he went to a school where he'd be accepted for his wrong doings..... OM.
Darron Thomas (undrafted) - He left college a year early to be undrafted..... hmmmmm.....
Marcus Mariota ( ? )

Now I know MSU has not developed its fair share of NFL caliber qbs, but how does one school develop so many busts?

msstate7
12-13-2014, 12:53 PM
dawgs in 3,2,1....

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm not sold on Marriota personally. He's not natural in the pocket, and I'm not sure he's has the presence to lead an NFL huddle. When I watch him play, something just doesn't seem right.

dawgs
12-14-2014, 08:24 PM
darron thomas left because he just didn't wanna be in college anymore and knew there was a pretty good chance mariota was going to take the job form him anyway. mariota was tearing it up in practice his redshirt season.

most QBs are busts if you factor in undrafted and low round picks. i would think almost all schools have a similar post-college success rate. if you are going to bring up guys going back to chris miller, let's also toss dan fouts in there.

Smitty
12-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Dennis Dixon - backup as well

Smitty
12-14-2014, 08:41 PM
John Parker Wilson
Brodie Croyle
Greg McElroy

Like Dawgs said most QB's aren't great NFLers