ShotgunDawg
12-12-2014, 11:14 PM
He got 1.6 mil a year and a 3 year deal. WOW, that's unreal

deltadawg99
12-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Well Shit

msstate7
12-12-2014, 11:18 PM
So does he bring some kids he was recruiting at Florida? Hopefully he does and it leaves us swain

Bully13
12-12-2014, 11:30 PM
I'm not convinced that was a solid move. dude has some unexplained wrinkles in his resume. timing is always crucial with these types of moves. Mullen hiring Manny was a much better move than what AU "pulled off" IMO. chain of command, personalities, experience levels, "up and comers" and shit .... starts at the top though. .

Dawgface
12-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Over paid for sure.

HoopsDawg
12-12-2014, 11:47 PM
I'm not convinced that was a solid move. dude has some unexplained wrinkles in his resume. timing is always crucial with these types of moves. Mullen hiring Manny was a much better move than what AU "pulled off" IMO. chain of command, personalities, experience levels, "up and comers" and shit .... starts at the top though. .

Nah. They now have one of the best offense coordinators and defensive coordinators in the country on the same staff.

TUSK
12-13-2014, 12:33 AM
Nah. They now have one of the best offense coordinators and defensive coordinators in the country on the same staff.

yup... I'd pay $1.6 for a shot at winning the Iron Bowl/National Championship is a heartbeat...

Dawg61
12-13-2014, 01:31 AM

What? Muschamp never had a defense worse than #3 in the SEC while at Florida. Think about that for a second. How terrible must his offense have been to lose that many games with that elite of a defense. That's tough to do. He is a brilliant defensive coach though. This is a nightmare hire for us. You think scared Mullen has a chance against that guy? Hell no.

NCDawg
12-13-2014, 02:00 AM
What? Muschamp never had a defense worse than #3 in the SEC while at Florida. Think about that for a second. How terrible must his offense have been to lose that many games with that elite of a defense. That's tough to do. He is a brilliant defensive coach though. This is a nightmare hire for us. You think scared Mullen has a chance against that guy? Hell no.

So what should we do, forfeit now? Doubt if he could do any better than the Ole Miss DC did against us. In any event, if we have the right game plan and execute properly, we can beat them again next year.

Dawg61
12-13-2014, 02:09 AM
So what should we do, forfeit now? Doubt if he could do any better than the Ole Miss DC did against us. In any event, if we have the right game plan and execute properly, we can beat them again next year.

Man I honestly think Dan should completely turn the offense over to someone else. And get the fu@k out of their way. Someone that knows his system. Like Brian Johnson potentially. Or Tim Tebow. Tebow is the master motivator. He had his team wanting to run through bricks for him. Give Dan a check for $4 mill signed to Tim Tebow for a 3 year contract. See if he turns it down. Imagine Mullen and Tebow back running the offense. That's who we need to go after.

Really Clark?
12-13-2014, 06:05 AM
Man I honestly think Dan should completely turn the offense over to someone else. And get the fu@k out of their way. Someone that knows his system. Like Brian Johnson potentially. Or Tim Tebow. Tebow is the master motivator. He had his team wanting to run through bricks for him. Give Dan a check for $4 mill signed to Tim Tebow for a 3 year contract. See if he turns it down. Imagine Mullen and Tebow back running the offense. That's who we need to go after.

You have lost your ever-loving mind. What has Tebow done as a coach to lead you to believe he can just step in as an OC? That is insane. Not to mention that we had the #1 total offense and #2 scoring offense in the league this year under Mullen calling the plays. Yeah let's change that since it's the offense is the best it's ever been. We made changes to the offensive staff last year and Dak plays full time and behold look at what the offense can do when executed. Let's just concentrate and work on executing a cleaner game every game next year.

msstate7
12-13-2014, 07:28 AM
Come on 61...

Muschamp finishes 2nd in total defense and 6th in scoring defense = genius and we now have no shot

Mullen finishes 2nd in scoring offense and 1st in total offense = hire tebow to run the offense bc mullen sucks

We had 4 common opponents with the defensive genius:

Kentucky scored 30 on florida (home) and 31 on us (road)

Alabama scored 42 on florida (road) and 25 on us (road)

Lsu scored 30 on Florida (home) and 29 on us (road)

Vandy scored 10 on Florida (road) and 0 on us (home)

Florida had 3 players on the coaches' all sec team on defense (fowler, vh3, and Morrison) vs our 1 (BM). Florida may have underachieved on defense.

I'm not saying muschamp isn't great, but I don't think he's the sure fire game changer that everyone seems to think. Before muschamp got the Florida job, wanting to be a HC drove him. After failing miserably, will he still have that drive to succeed as a DC? Time will tell...

bulldawg28
12-13-2014, 07:38 AM
I keep saying it he'd better have depth because his team will be on the field a lot. I look forward to seeing him spazz out on the Sideline

KB21
12-13-2014, 09:29 AM
LOL! Dan needs to turn the offense over to someone else a year after the offense he called was #1 in the SEC in total offense and #2 in scoring offense.

engie
12-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Just 61 saying 61 things....

Dawg61
12-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Just 61 saying 61 things....

Lol well somebody needs to step in with a spine during the big games. Mullen needs a tag during those ones.

Really Clark?
12-13-2014, 10:00 AM
Lol well somebody needs to step in with a spine during the big games. Mullen needs a tag during those ones.

Sometimes an offense sputters because of lack of execution and sometimes because the other team does actually play defense. But your right, Alabama and Georgia, the other top offenses in the league never had an off game all year. The scored over 30 points each and every game didn't they.**** Nope looking it up they didn't they had off games as well against good defenses. Amazing how that happens.

Dawg61
12-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Sometimes an offense sputters because of lack of execution and sometimes because the other team does actually play defense. But your right, Alabama and Georgia, the other top offenses in the league never had an off game all year. The scored over 30 points each and every game didn't they.**** Nope looking it up they didn't they had off games as well against good defenses. Amazing how that happens.

We didn't have two off games we had two games our HC called ultra conservative. There's a difference. He handcuffed his own team. It's year 6 and he still does it in the most difficult matchups.

Really Clark?
12-13-2014, 12:06 PM
We didn't have two off games we had two games our HC called ultra conservative. There's a difference. He handcuffed his own team. It's year 6 and he still does it in the most difficult matchups.

You are being completely blind to the fact that the opposition and your execution of the offense is out of the control of the play caller. It was not just the play calling or game plan in those two games. Especially against Bama. The lack of execution in the red zone did us in much more than play calling. Not to mention both of those defenses are outstanding. Crap Baylor and Texas A & M should fire their coaches for bad offensive games this year if it was left to you. I'm not saying that he can't do better at calling a game but the notion that ANY coach will call and adjust game plans perfectly every game in a season is asinine. Especially against the caliber of defenses we play week end and week out. 5 of the top 15 scoring defenses in the nation are in the SEC West, including us. They do a pretty good job to you know and get paid a lot to stop offenses.

defiantdog
12-13-2014, 12:16 PM
I don't see him there 3 years. He'll be there next year, then look for the best head coaching gig available. Head coaches usually only drop to coordinators in the NFL, not NCAA. He wants to be a head coach again, but didn't want to be the head coach of Houston. Watch him jump ship when Spurrier retires.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2014, 12:21 PM
I don't see him there 3 years. He'll be there next year, then look for the best head coaching gig available. Head coaches usually only drop to coordinators in the NFL, not NCAA. He wants to be a head coach again, but didn't want to be the head coach of Houston. Watch him jump ship when Spurrier retires.

Are we sure he was offered the Houston job?

Coach34
12-13-2014, 12:21 PM
LOL! Dan needs to turn the offense over to someone else a year after the offense he called was #1 in the SEC in total offense and #2 in scoring offense.

61 gonna 61

We had one of the best offenses in the country this year and broke a shit ton of school records. The passes to Engram and the 91 yard run by a team with a shitty run game bothered me alot more in the EB

msstate7
12-13-2014, 12:24 PM
61 gonna 61

We had one of the best offenses in the country this year and broke a shit ton of school records. The passes to Engram and the 91 yard run by a team with a shitty run game bothered me alot more in the EB

Bama loss was dak TO's imo.

OM loss was on defense not stopping the big plays.

DownwardDawg
12-13-2014, 12:31 PM
Coach and msstate7 got it right. Our defense killed any chance we had in the egg bowl. I wasn't real happy about the offensive play calling though.

msstate7
12-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Coach and msstate7 got it right. Our defense killed any chance we had in the egg bowl. I wasn't real happy about the offensive play calling though.

We were conservative on offense, but it should've worked out better. If our bend, but don't break defense didn't break, we wouldve been in that game at the end with a chance to win.

I would've rather been more aggressive on offense and defense though

engie
12-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Are we sure he was offered the Houston job?

I doubt that he was.

Houston is an offensive place. They just fired a guy that went bowling with a winning record. They expect to win big there RIGHT NOW in attempts to woo themselves into the P5 conversation...

NCDawg
12-13-2014, 01:41 PM
We were conservative on offense, but it should've worked out better. If our bend, but don't break defense didn't break, we wouldve been in that game at the end with a chance to win.

I would've rather been more aggressive on offense and defense though

IMO, we did not want the Ole Miss game enough for some unknown reason. I re-watched the game and saw terrible efforts all around, especially by some of our LB's that had been good all year. We should have put more heat on Wallace-he was injured and couldn't run. As if we have never heard of a blitz. Ole Miss blitzed the heck out of us.

Dawg61
12-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Mullen just has to stop calling and managing high pressure games scared. Plain and simple. He can be OC for 10 other games but sometimes you gotta realize that someone else might be better off calling the games he reverts to Croom scared football. Shit always loses.

Dawg61
12-13-2014, 03:42 PM
61 gonna 61

Did you think I was gonna be quiet after we shit the bed in the two most importants games in our football program's history? Everything on the line and we play ultra conservative. Ridiculous

Really Clark?
12-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Wow. And can you name one, just one, college or pro team that does something like that with any type of success? Heck I cant even think of one that even does that at anytime, much less successfully. One guy calls plays for X number of games but in the big game hands it off to someone else.

TUSK
12-13-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm not goin' "all in" on Muschamp/AU, but I do know this, the 2013 pre-season Best Coaching Staff just got better.

Thank God for Krazy Kiffen....

I seen it dawg
12-13-2014, 10:02 PM

Tebow? That's colossally stupid even by your standards.

Todd4State
12-13-2014, 11:45 PM
Tebow? That's colossally stupid even by your standards.

I would fear for our souls if we hired Tebow. And on top of that, I have a feeling it would be pretty much agreeing with whatever Dan wanted to call anyway.