PDA

View Full Version : Should the SEC Network start televising the MS/AL All-Star game?

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2014, 08:00 PM
I don't want the SEC Network becoming another, unknowledgeable recruiting network that just pimps traditional powers, but I think the SEC Network televising the MS/AL game, GA/FL high school game, and others within the SEC foot print, would be quality programming that would make sense for the network. It would surely attract more viewers than Volleyball or some of the other things that are on the Network and also offer SEC fans an in-depth look at it's future stars.

I was looking to see which channel the game would be on tomorrow, and it's on "Raycom Network" and I don't even know what the hell that is.

yjnkdawg
12-12-2014, 08:46 PM
I don't want the SEC Network becoming another, unknowledgeable recruiting network that just pimps traditional powers, but I think the SEC Network televising the MS/AL game, GA/FL high school game, and others within the SEC foot print, would be quality programming that would make sense for the network. It would surely attract more viewers than Volleyball or some of the other things that are on the Network and also offer SEC fans an in-depth look at it's future stars.

I was looking to see which channel the game would be on tomorrow, and it's on "Raycom Network" and I don't even know what the hell that is.

I doubt that will happen on the SEC Network broadcasting those games, but here is info below on the Raycom Network broadcast.
The Mississippi/Alabama All-Star Football Game will be broadcast live on Saturday, December 13, 2014 from 12:00 Noon to 3:00 PM on the following stations:
-WLOX Biloxi
-WDAM Hattiesburg
-WTOK Hattiesburg
-WLBT Jackson
-WABG Greenville
-WMC Memphis
-WTVA Tupelo

Todd4State
12-12-2014, 08:53 PM
I'd like to see the Mississippi Alabama All-Star game held at the Vet in Jackson and also in Birmingham. I do like the SEC Network idea.

engie
12-12-2014, 08:58 PM
It's supposed to be in Hattiesburg next year, is it not?

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2014, 09:02 PM

I think so, and I'm good with that. If MSU and Ole Miss get to host it, then Alabama and Auburn will as well. I'd just assume avoid that. So Southern having it will be good for the state and allow Mississippi a chance to have a home field advantage, if that matters.

yjnkdawg
12-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Raycom Network is the one who used to broadcast the SEC Game of the Week before the 2:30 CBS Game. Raycom Network is an Alabama based company too. I just don't see why the SEC Network would broadcast high school games (including all star ones), when their purpose was to cover SEC Sports and that includes volleyball. Of course you never know. I like the idea of Vet stadium, but they sure need to do some renovation on that facility.

Todd4State
12-12-2014, 09:58 PM

Yes.

War Machine Dawg
12-13-2014, 01:38 AM

Yes, part of the deal that moved the HS State Championships out of Jackson. State and Fredo alternate the HSSC and USM gets the MS-AL ASG.

engie
12-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Look at the bright side -- I think the streak ends today...

cheewgumm
12-13-2014, 12:33 PM
This is Kind of like the BAMA v Miss state games. Bama gets home field advantage for years and years, takes a big lead in overall record, then allows MS to have a home game.

Whoever agree from MS to allow the game to be in BaMA every year is ignorant. I'll assume it was LT.