PDA

View Full Version : Coach Cohen- let's go with Bracewell today

Coach34
06-17-2013, 09:48 AM
I like having the the guy that's older with more experience when both pitcher's are comparable. Bracewell is good for 3 innings. Fitts can be the in case we lose guy for Wednesday.

Do not throw Pollo- they will light him up like a 4th of July fireworks show

SaltyDawg
06-17-2013, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't be upset if Fitts or Bracewell started. I agree though, not Pollo. I think Girodo would be more effective after Indiana saw a RH for the first couple of innings.

War Machine Dawg
06-17-2013, 10:00 AM
I just can't get on board with Bracewell as a starter. He's been awful almost every time we've tried him in that role. He's a bullpen guy, and a great one. Don't screw with what's working. Fittrodo should be on the bump today.

Coach34
06-17-2013, 10:13 AM
I just can't get on board with Bracewell as a starter. He's been awful almost every time we've tried him in that role. He's a bullpen guy, and a great one. Don't screw with what's working. Fittrodo should be on the bump today.

Bracewell was very good his last outing in the Regional- he just has a pitch count of about 40 that doesnt need to be exceeded. And there is no doubt he is avery good bullpen guy- we are just stuck with no SP's and he has to assume that role for us.

I wont be surprised at all if Cohen starts Fitts

hometowndawg
06-17-2013, 10:14 AM
I like having the the guy that's older with more experience when both pitcher's are comparable. Bracewell is good for 3 innings. Fitts can be the in case we lose guy for Wednesday.

Today is the must win game. Anyone and everyone will pitch if the need be (save Ross and Graveman). If we win this game it is driver seat from here on out and Graveman will be able to throw again Friday. I expect a short leash for everyone tonight. No matter who it is

MitchD24
06-17-2013, 10:14 AM
I like Bracewell/Girodo combination in this situation.. If Bracewell finds his grove he can be lights out, just takes some time finding it.

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-17-2013, 10:24 AM
I just can't get on board with Bracewell as a starter. He's been awful almost every time we've tried him in that role. He's a bullpen guy, and a great one.

ALL of Ben Bracewell's career starts at MSU:

Regional vs. UCA: 2.1 IP, 0 runs
Game 3 vs. UPig: no outs recorded, 3 ER
2012 vs. UConn: 3 IP, 0 runs
2012 vs. Kansas: 3 IP, 0 runs
2012 vs. Wash. St: 4.1 IP, 0 runs

4 out of 5 ain't bad. And I wouldn't call 1 out of 5 "almost every time".

ETA: he threw 59 pitches in 5 innings vs. Ole Miss in relief so I'm not so sure the 30-40 pitch count is a hard and fast number.

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-17-2013, 10:24 AM

Would not mind Bracewell. Although the game will depend on Girodo. The good hitters on Indiana are left handers.

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Today is the must win game. Anyone and everyone will pitch if the need be (save Ross and Graveman).

Why would we save rubber arm Ross? I think he's available tonight. He threw in each game vs. South Carolina including 4.2 in Game 3 on Saturday, came back on Tuesday vs. Mizzou and pitched 3 innings, then two days later he threw 3.1 vs. Texas A&M. And in those 5 appearance in 8 days where he threw 13.1 innings, he only gave up one run - so still very effective.

Coach34
06-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Ross will be available- he had a day off. But if Girodo does his job, Ross is just more of the same- so not real sure we would want to use him. Just have to see how the game flows

Ghost of Hank Flick
06-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Ross will be available- he had a day off. But if Girodo does his job, Ross is just more of the same- so not real sure we would want to use him. Just have to see how the game flows

Right, just never know if a guy won't have his best stuff. That slider is nasty, if its not breaking as hard as his last two outings he'll have to battle through and may not be able to go as deep so we might need Ross. Or, if it goes to extra innings.