PDA

View Full Version : Pitt job opened up...

HoopsDawg
12-12-2014, 11:14 AM
If Mullen doesn't leave for UF, Pitt, Michigan, or Penn State I don't think there are any jobs he would leave MSU for except for maybe Notre Dame.

BHildreth3
12-12-2014, 11:16 AM
The only real job that we would worry about would be UGA. If they ever fire Richt, i highly doubt they would go after Mullen.

Alldawg
12-12-2014, 11:17 AM
What about the TSUN job******

Political Hack
12-12-2014, 11:19 AM
FSU, Texas, UGA, Ohio State, USC, Notre Dame. That's the only ones I'd ever blink over.

Pitt has no future in PA fighting against the BigTen schools for talent... in a city, that shares their stadium with a pro team, will never sell out, and shares their practice facility with the Steelers off campus.

He told Miami to move the stadium on campus. You think he's going to bat an eye at Pitt? NOT.GONNA.HAPPEN.

HSVDawg
12-12-2014, 11:26 AM
No way Pitt is in the same categoy as those other schools. That is laughable.

dawgpound
12-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Have any of these schools looked at Mullen?

maroonmania
12-12-2014, 11:38 AM
If Mullen doesn't leave for UF, Pitt, Michigan, or Penn State I don't think there are any jobs he would leave MSU for except for maybe Notre Dame.

Notre Dame is slowly becoming a dead end job so I would be shocked if Mullen was interested there. Brian Kelly is a really good coach but even he is finding out how tough the sledding is at ND now. You are still expected to have an elite team but you no longer have the recruiting advantages of yesteryear. In fact, the academic standards there hamstring you along with the fact that the Notre Dame name just doesn't carry the same significance it used to across the country. Essentially ND has the same problems that the Big 10 schools have with getting enough athletes and its also becoming a disadvantage for them that their players still don't get to play towards a conference championship of any kind.

NCDawg
12-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Have any of these schools looked at Mullen?

Doesn't seem as if any school is interested in Mullen for some unknown reason, or if they are, nobody seems to publicize it.

Political Hack
12-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Doesn't seem as if any school is interested in Mullen for some unknown reason, or if they are, nobody seems to publicize it.

He's probably close to $4 million a year now at State, which will be hard to beat for most schools. And even if they do, it won't be by much.

Also, he built his own stadium, his own office, his own weight room, his own practice fields, etc... Why in the world would he want to leave the program that he designed from the ground up? literally.