PDA

View Full Version : Playoff - makes me sick that Ohio State

cheewgumm
12-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Oregon, BAylor types are
Going to be going ahead of the 2nd place Bamas, LSUs, Auburns and hopefully Miss States for as long as this 4 team playoff is happening.

msstate7
12-11-2014, 11:51 PM
If we want the sec to get a 2nd team in next year, we need the sec to dominate the bowl games and for bama to destroy both opponents for a natty

deltadawg99
12-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Until the playoff expands to 8 it is going to be really really hard to make the playoff if you don't win your conference. Even if we beat OM I doubt we would have made it ahead of OSU since they won their shitty conference.

Todd4State
12-12-2014, 12:07 AM
Until the playoff expands to 8 it is going to be really really hard to make the playoff if you don't win your conference. Even if we beat OM I doubt we would have made it ahead of OSU since they won their shitty conference.

I agree. I think as the system stands now, the only way two SEC teams would have gotten in is if say, Alabama and Georgia were both 12-0 and they had a battle royale in the SEC Championship Game.

msstate7
12-12-2014, 12:11 AM
I agree. I think as the system stands now, the only way two SEC teams would have gotten in is if say, Alabama and Georgia were both 12-0 and they had a battle royale in the SEC Championship Game.

Or say this would've happened this year...

State over OM
GT over Fsu
Arizona over Oregon
Wusconsin over osu

I think this would've made playoff...

1. Bama
2. State
3. Baylor
4. Tcu

In other words, lots of top teams fall in the end

dawgs
12-12-2014, 03:52 AM
Oregon, BAylor types are
Going to be going ahead of the 2nd place Bamas, LSUs, Auburns and hopefully Miss States for as long as this 4 team playoff is happening.

There aren't going to be 6 undefeated and 1 L power 5 teams most seasons. Probably 70-80% of the time, a 11-1 sec team makes a 4 team playoff because there's at least 1 or 2 2-3 L conference champs.

shoeless joe
12-12-2014, 07:51 AM
We beat OM and we were in. Heck, we lost and were still the top team not in the playoff discussion. Just because OSU jumped TCU does not mean they woulda jumped us. Our resume far outweighs both.

dawgpound
12-12-2014, 10:14 AM
The SEC has to help itself too. SEC went 0-4 against the ACC the last week of the season. This does not help the reputation of the SEC

dawgs
12-12-2014, 10:39 AM
The SEC has to help itself too. SEC went 0-4 against the ACC the last week of the season. This does not help the reputation of the SEC

The Committee is savvy enough to know the west was about 263 times tougher than the east, and knows that 3 of those 4 sec teams were underdogs anyway.

Alldawg
12-12-2014, 11:07 AM
If we want the sec to get a 2nd team in next year, we need the sec to dominate the bowl games and for bama to destroy both opponents for a natty

This needs to happen this year for the best future chance of the SEC getting two teams in the playoffs if they stay at 4 teams.
Alabama needs to destroy Ohio State similar to the destruction of Notre Dame a few years ago
Alabama needs to beat Oregon ( if they make it ) or destroy Florida State
Missouri really needs to handle Minnesota. For some reason, the talking heads used Minnesota as a measuring stick this year
Auburn needs to handle Wisconsin. Again, Wisconsin was used by the committee as a measuring stick
State needs to put Georgia Tech in their place.
Boise State needs to upset Arizona. Arizona and Arizona State are two of the most over rated teams this year
Ole Miss needs to upset TCU. The fall of the Big 12 or Big 10 gives us the best chance. Most thought TCU deserved to be in and they need to be exposed
Georgia needs to do more than beat Louisville. We need the East to step up and belong in the SEC.
LSU, who cares. Notre Dame will always be the most over rated team in the Nation
Texas AM needs to whip West Virginia. West Virginia should have been a terrible loss for any team and would have been if Alabama didn't jump start their year with keeping it close

scottycameron
12-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Oregon, BAylor types are

Damn, does this mean you don't get a trophy for second place? That's pretty politically incorrect theses days if you ask me. Somebody call the ACLU.

maroonmania
12-12-2014, 03:07 PM

We don't know. THIS year every NON-CHAMPION in a conference had more losses than any of the champions so there was really no debate. It won't be that way every year. People just assuming we would have been left out had we beat OM don't have a clue one way or the other. The only thing we can say for sure is that our pathetic performance in the Egg Bowl made the committee's job much easier.

drunkernhelldawg
12-12-2014, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure how it would've played out with a different EB result, but I do think our situation was different than TCU. We had been in the playoff every week. it would have been interesting to see if they would drop us anyway in the final vote after having us in on every previous vote.