PDA

View Full Version : 247 latest crystal balls of note

msstate7
12-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Gabriel Campbell and chason virgil to oklahoma.

Glad virgil is landing on his feet. Wish him the best and hope we don't regret not keeping him

Really don't wanna lose Campbell. When is his official here?

HancockCountyDog
12-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Gabriel Campbell and chason virgil to oklahoma.

Glad virgil is landing on his feet. Wish him the best and hope we don't regret not keeping him

Really don't wanna lose Campbell. When is his official here?

I have no inside info on Campbell, but he just seems like one if those recruits that wants to go out of state for college .

EAVdog
12-10-2014, 09:35 PM
One person CB'd him to Oklahoma after his OV this last weekend. Talty CB'd him to OK in June and the OK beat writer CB'd him in March. Not a lot of action to speak of.

engie
12-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Walker is not what I would call a "crystal ball of note". In fact, he had him to Oklahoma in May. No idea why it updated to the same thing. May be a glitch. He's one of the ultra high volume "early predictors" that change it at the last minute so they can be "right"...

engie
12-10-2014, 09:37 PM
I'd be shocked if we don't get Campbell...

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2014, 09:38 PM
From everything the local guys have said, Gabriel Campbell is a heavy lean to MSU and expected to be a part of our class.

He still has 76% of the crystal balls trending towards us, and notably Demetric Warren has him crystal balled to us. FYI, Warren is from the Delta and is a huge Oklahoma fan. So, if he has Campbell crystal balled to MSU, then you can just about bank it.

By the way, 76% of Leo Lewis' crystal balls are MSU

AlSwearengen
12-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Campbell has to be the quietest, lowest profile four star recruit in the history of mankind. is he a part of the MS/AL all-star game?

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Campbell has to be the quietest, lowest profile four star recruit in the history of mankind. is he a part of the MS/AL all-star game?

Yes, he has been quiet. Reminds me of Ashton Shumpert's recruitment. Supposedly, Campbell has strong support at home, and, from my experience, those guys tend to handle their recruitment better.

I don't think he's a part of the MS/AL game, due to his school having issues with the MHSAA. I'm exactly sure of that rule, but supposedly you coaches have to be members of some organization for their players to have the opportunity to be on the team.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Campbell is definitely his own guy kinda a loner. I expect him to end up at MSU but he's gonna go at his own pace. He'll prolly OV to MSU on 1/16 that's when all the instate commits will be visiting.

mic
12-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Well Elite Dawgs just CB'd him to Miss State..

msstate7
12-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Well Elite Dawgs just CB'd him to Miss State..

ED has been pretty accurate lately. Hopefully ED nails Campbell and rankin to state

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2014, 08:22 AM
FYI, Warren is from the Delta and is a huge Oklahoma fan.
That's interesting...does anyone on the oklahoma staff have ties to Mississippi? It seems like I never heard about oklahoma recruiting mississippi in the past.

AFDawg
12-12-2014, 10:01 AM
That's interesting...does anyone on the oklahoma staff have ties to Mississippi? It seems like I never heard about oklahoma recruiting mississippi in the past.

I wouldn't quite say "never."
http://youtu.be/Lb4YJ1HaAP0

DawgPoundRock
12-12-2014, 10:31 AM
I know were not supposed to say names, because of rebears take pics and send it to recruits and stuff; but I feel like one of our big fish is gonna flip. Its just my opinion, before yall start eating my head off lol. Im probably wrong, but its just how I feel

HancockCountyDog
12-12-2014, 10:34 AM
I know were not supposed to say names, because of rebears take pics and send it to recruits and stuff; but I feel like one of our big fish is gonna flip. Its just my opinion, before yall start eating my head off lol. Im probably wrong, but its just how I feel

There is about a .01% chance of this happening.

thf24
12-12-2014, 10:37 AM

Bold predictions**

M.Fillmore
12-12-2014, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't quite say "never."
http://youtu.be/Lb4YJ1HaAP0

Look at the hit on the ref at 1:36. Ouch.

Chip
12-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Oklahoma in the last five years has taken WR Lacoltan Bester out of EMCC - who panned out pretty well. Last year CB Tito Windham out of Harrison Central, who redshirted. They have Danley committed out of EMCC, who will most likely sign next week. They're also in the mix on Campbell, who took an official visit there last weekend (I give them about a 25% chance with him), and with Martinas Rankin, who visited OU about a month ago (I give them about a 5% chance with Rankin).

They don't have anyone on their staff with Mississippi ties. But OU recruits nationally and has tried to work more in Louisiana, Mississippi & Alabama the last couple of years, in addition to California. In addition to Windham last year, they took several from Louisiana and one from Alabama.

Bothrops
12-12-2014, 01:05 PM
The whole Oklahoma thing is bizarre to me. With so many recruits from around here taking visits, it must be a testament to their ability to sell the old success. First off, it's not necessarily close, it's Big 12, and it's in Oklahoma. The Sooners haven't been setting the world on fire lately, and Stoops is on the decline and has been for a while. The OU program is starting to wreak of old hat.

msstate7
12-12-2014, 01:09 PM
The whole Oklahoma thing is bizarre to me. With so many recruits from around here taking visits, it must be a testament to their ability to sell the old success. First off, it's not necessarily close, it's Big 12, and it's in Oklahoma. The Sooners haven't been setting the world on fire lately, and Stoops is on the decline and has been for a while. The OU program is starting to wreak of old hat.

I think tcu, Baylor, and aTm recruiting better is killing oklahoma with Texas kids.

Bothrops
12-12-2014, 01:35 PM
I agree with that.

Pokerdawg44
12-12-2014, 04:03 PM
I'd be shocked if we don't get Campbell...

Yancy says Oklahoma is ole miss's main competition for Campbell. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

msstate7
12-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Swain to auburn is picking up steam

defiantdog
12-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Expect Auburn to be pushing for Darryl Williams soon. Not sure if he'll get a commitable offer from them, but they'll be pushing for him.

engie
12-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Yancy says Oklahoma is ole miss's main competition for Campbell. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

LOL

engie
12-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Swain to auburn is picking up steam

That's probably going to happen. He's more of a priority for them than us...

engie
12-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Expect Auburn to be pushing for Darryl Williams soon. Not sure if he'll get a commitable offer from them, but they'll be pushing for him.

Why would they "push" for a guy with a noncommittable offer?

They aren't going to make a push unless they lose a couple of current OL commits. Same story the whole time is still true...

Pokerdawg44
12-12-2014, 04:23 PM
I heard Auburn offered Rankin too so this has me worried bc swain and rankin want to keep playing together.

jumbo
12-12-2014, 04:23 PM

They aren't going to make a push unless they lose a couple of current OL commits. Same story the whole time is still true...

that, plus they think the guy that transferred from OM (forget his name) can play C

jumbo
12-12-2014, 04:24 PM
I heard Auburn offered Rankin too so this has me worried bc swain and rankin want to keep playing together.

this is false.

Really Clark?
12-12-2014, 04:27 PM

Didn't 247 have someone make this same statement and Paul and Robbie challenge that person on that statement since they had never heard or seen that anywhere concerning those two players? Or am I mistaken?

jumbo
12-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Didn't 247 have someone make this same statement and Paul and Robbie challenge that person on that statement since they had never heard or seen that anywhere concerning those two players? Or am I mistaken?

it was OMs 247 guy that said Auburn was heavy after Rankin and that he and Swain want to play together. Paul called Rankin and he said it wasn't true and that he would be at MSU this weekend

Chip
12-12-2014, 04:34 PM

From the reports I've read, Campbell had a really good trip to Oklahoma, followed by a good "in home" with OU's D Line coach, who is a pretty good recruiter. The Oklahoma beat writers think it's going to come down to Oklahoma or Mississippi State. They think that they've done a really good job recruiting him, and also admit that the core of folks around Campbell are Mississippi State fans, so they've deduced that it will come down to those two. None of the Oklahoma people reporting on Campbell's recruitment think Ole Miss has much of a chance.

Really Clark?
12-12-2014, 04:35 PM
it was OMs 247 guy that said Auburn was heavy after Rankin and that he and Swain want to play together. Paul called Rankin and he said it wasn't true and that he would be at MSU this weekend

There you go. We just need to call this time of year what it really is, Propaganda and Spin Season instead of recruiting season.

defiantdog
12-12-2014, 04:37 PM
From the reports I've read, Campbell had a really good trip to Oklahoma, followed by a good "in home" with OU's D Line coach, who is a pretty good recruiter. The Oklahoma beat writers think it's going to come down to Oklahoma or Mississippi State. They think that they've done a really good job recruiting him, and also admit that the core of folks around Campbell are Mississippi State fans, so they've deduced that it will come down to those two. None of the Oklahoma people reporting on Campbell's recruitment think Ole Miss has much of a chance.

Oklahoma is supposedly Campbell's dream school, but it may be too far of a trip for him.

maroonmania
12-12-2014, 04:39 PM

Yep, those 2 things don't jive. If you aren't giving a guy a commitable offer then you certainly are NOT pushing for him.

defiantdog
12-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Yep, those 2 things don't jive. If you aren't giving a guy a commitable offer then you certainly are NOT pushing for him.

Alabama did the same thing with O.J. Smith last year. They were still pushing for him, but his offer was cloudy. There were talks of grey shirting him, but of course they found room.

maroonmania
12-12-2014, 04:57 PM
Alabama did the same thing with O.J. Smith last year. They were still pushing for him, but his offer was cloudy. There were talks of grey shirting him, but of course they found room.

Which means he eventually, at least, got a commitable offer and that changes everything.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I'll be very surprised if Campbell isn't a Dawg on signing day.
The odds of Williams getting a commitable Auburn offer get less & less by the day.
Swain I think ends up at Auburn but I thought once they pushed for him he'd commit but he hasn't. We're in it a lot more than we're getting credit for just not sure it's enough.
The Swain & Rankin wanting to play together talk actually started with Steve. Of course he was wrong but he started it. So when OM guys started the lie about Rankin & Auburn a lot of MSU fans panicked bc 1 of their own started this Swain & Rankin wanting to play together stuff & Swain seemingly an Auburn lean.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2014, 05:06 PM

Difference is Smith was already a Bama commit for months & they wanted him to take a greyshirt. When they realized he wouldnt take 1 & would come to MSU they assured him a full ride so they wouldn't lose him.

msstate7
12-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Well guys will rankin commit this weekend? Gotta think if he's coming here that he'll commit.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2014, 05:54 PM
To the coaches yes but to the world Wednesday morning.