PDA

View Full Version : WOW, Wisconsin's head coach is leaving for Oregon State

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Anderson is leaving for Oregon State.

Here is my question: WTF is going on at Wisconsin?

They've had both Bielema and Anderson now leave for parallel or lesser jobs. I consider Wisconsin the best/most consistent job team in the Big 1G. It's strange to me.

Is Barry Alvarez impossible to work with?

Dawg61
12-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Arkansas is a good job so I don't question Bielema's motive there but maybe Anderson couldn't survive a 59-0 blowout to Ohio State so he hit the reset button.

quickstrike2
12-10-2014, 05:43 PM
Clearly there is some issue, two good football coaches leaving on their terms. I would think Wisconsin would be a very good job, I can't see leaving it for Oregon State but I could see leaving for the SEC.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2014, 05:45 PM
The media is blaming it on Wisky's administration not allowing for more assistant coach pay and the academic restrictions on getting recruits into school. They say it's an extremely frustrating job

engie
12-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Got pissed the B1G made his team take a dive in the title game**

bulldawg28
12-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Got pissed the B1G made his team take a dive in the title game**

This

msstate7
12-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Anderson came from western us (Utah st). He may just wanna get back out west

BulldogBear
12-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Tomorrow on Out of Bounds Bo will say Mullen is a candidate and a real threat to leave MSU for the badgers.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Wisconsin needs to call Eddie O

1bigdawg
12-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Alvarez is an arrogant asshole who second guesses coaches worse than message board heroes.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Alvarez is an arrogant asshole who second guesses coaches worse than message board heroes.

Come on, we know that isn't true. Not sure how that could be true

1bigdawg
12-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Come on, we know that isn't true. Not sure how that could be true

Well, it might be an exaggeration, but not by much. Wisconsin as a state has three times the population of Nebraska and is a much wealthier state. The university has over 43,000 students compared to 27,000 at Nebraska. Yet the Oregon State coach went to Nebraska and the Wisconsin coach went to OSU.

It implies that, at least as football coaching jobs go, Nebraska is greater than OSU is greater than Wisconsin. That is all on Alvarez. I am personally aware that he not only criticized Bielema's coaching to anyone who would listen, but also dogged him about his personal life both directly and within the Madison community.

On third thought, I don't think I was exaggerating at all.

Dawg61
12-10-2014, 07:01 PM
O
I am personally aware that he not only criticized Bielema's coaching to anyone who would listen, but also dogged him about his personal life both directly and within the Madison community.

Well he did marry some blonde sloot with big fake titties he met at a blackjack table in Vegas. Alvarez must be jealous.**

Dawgfan77
12-10-2014, 07:33 PM
O

Well he did marry some blonde sloot with big fake titties he met at a blackjack table in Vegas. Alvarez must be jealous.**
She was in Vegas but he didn't meet her at a black jack table.

1bigdawg
12-10-2014, 07:35 PM

A UW 2004 graduate who happened to attend a UW fundraising event in Vegas (the other one). If he was the only coach Alvarez lost to a lateral-ish move, it would be no big deal. But now the problem is more obvious.

Dawg61
12-10-2014, 07:46 PM
She was in Vegas but he didn't meet her at a black jack table.

Nope it was a blackjack table.

http://www.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/wisconsin-badgers-football-coach-bret-bielema-finds-love-in-las-vegas-nebraska-cornhuskers-092911

Count Istvan Teleky
12-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Nope it was a blackjack table.

http://www.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/wisconsin-badgers-football-coach-bret-bielema-finds-love-in-las-vegas-nebraska-cornhuskers-092911

..but I do know, from having toured the campus that they have zero facilities. No practice fields for one thing. Everything is done inside the stadium (I asked to be sure). The campus is high rise and land locked. Another example, the soccer team has 1/2 a field - not sure where they play games.

I don't see how Alvarez raised the level of play at UW like he did. If I were a coach at UW and had to recruit against schools with better weather and half way decent facilities, I would probably see the handwriting on e wall and bolt, too.

MSUTTT1
12-10-2014, 08:33 PM
..but I do know, from having toured the campus that they have zero facilities. No practice fields for one thing. Everything is done inside the stadium (I asked to be sure). The campus is high rise and land locked. Another example, the soccer team has 1/2 a field - not sure where they play games.

I don't see how Alvarez raised the level of play at UW like he did. If I were a coach at UW and had to recruit against schools with better weather and half way decent facilities, I would probably see the handwriting on e wall and bolt, too.

Indoor facility attached to camp randall

The kohl center is home to basketball and hockey. The kohl center also has an indoor basketball facility attached to it as well.

I know. I went there.

Count Istvan Teleky
12-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Indoor facility attached to camp randall

The kohl center is home to basketball and hockey. The kohl center also has an indoor basketball facility attached to it as well.

I know. I went there.

Where are the practice fields and is the campus not land locked? If they have an indoor its a good thing since they have weather issues. I was there in early September and the chill was setting in.

How was it going to school there? Under grad or grad?

The title should read 'Glad ...' Dyac!

MSUTTT1
12-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Where are the practice fields and is the campus not land locked? If they have an indoor its a good thing since they have weather issues. I was there in early September and the chill was setting in.

How was it going to school there? Under grad or grad?

The title should read 'Glad ...' Dyac!

Outdoor practice fields adjacent to stadium NW side.

This time of year all practices are inside

Campus is somewhat land locked at least around the stadium.

School is top notch. Party life is unreal. Makes OM look like a joke.

MSUTTT1
12-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Campus is also in the state capital. Very large city and surrounding suburb area

Barking 13
12-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Jen must have a thing for Curly (3 stooges)