PDA

View Full Version : Bama deep passes

Dawg61
12-10-2014, 05:21 PM
this is something I've noticed about Bama for as long as Saban has been there. They teach their QBs to throw the ball very high with a bunch of loft on it turning this style of pass into a easy catchable ball. Anyone else notice this. Parker Wilson, McCarron, Sims all throw the deep ball the same way. There's no doubt in my mind that Saban teaches it this way. Is there anyway we can copy this technique? Anyone care to look up how many TDs Bama has had over 40 yards from the pass since Saban arrived? This is Saban's biggest weapon that doesn't get talked about. I wish we'd copy this art from them.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Agree, they do it very well. I thought Tyler threw a good deep ball, and it's certainly something Dak could work on.

If you want to see some throw a good deep ball, watch Joe Flacco

Dawg61
12-10-2014, 05:31 PM
I forgot Greg McElroy. That's 4 QBs all that excelled at throwing rainbow lofted deep passes. It's not a coincidence. It's taught and we need to teach it too.

Original48
12-10-2014, 06:43 PM
They also seem to always have the type of receivers that can run under it.

thf24
12-10-2014, 07:58 PM
I would think it takes an extremely accurate QB. Under throw it by the slightest bit and it's an easy interception. I think Original is right about the receivers; you've got to err on the long side, and have guys who can turn on the jets to get under it, then have the body control to adjust and snag it.