PDA

View Full Version : Are Ole Miss fans not angry about the Chad Kelly situation?

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-10-2014, 12:29 PM
They are having to bring in a 3 star JUCO qb whose only other offers are from Indiana and Virginia Tech.

I would not be happy with Mullen if this was happening to us.

Political Hack
12-10-2014, 12:30 PM
I'm happy with Hugh about it.

msstate7
12-10-2014, 12:32 PM
If they're mad about Kelly's offers, they'll really love jake hubenak*

Jacksondevildog
12-10-2014, 12:33 PM
I lurk on their boards and half of their fans are not thrilled about signing a JUCO QB. The other half of the posters get mad at the ones that are against it. They would want Bin Laden to be QB if they thought it would bring them wins. They don't give a shit.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-10-2014, 12:37 PM
It's not that he's a JUCO qb. Or that he has been a bit of an a-hole before. I would be upset that a QB with his offer sheet is better than two QB's with 2 seasons under their belt. Bo Wallace was not a bad commit. I know that we offered him along with Baylor.

msstate7
12-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Where did emcc's qb go last year? The reason I ask is bc it seems no matter who they play at qb, they roll. That would have me concerned if it's the qb or the system

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2014, 12:38 PM
How mad would you be if Mullen had to recruit a JUCO QB that also had a rap song?

LOL

WE'VE GOT PLAY THIS OVER THE PA SYSTEM IN NEXT YEAR'S EGG BOWL

https://soundcloud.com/g5gi/chad-kelly

CadaverDawg
12-10-2014, 12:38 PM
See that's just it....If MSU were signing this kid, he would be the 3 Star JUCO QB with offers from Indiana and Va Tech. That's what would be placed out in the media, and probably even by our own fans. But Ole Miss fans and their media are calling this kid the JUCO QB of the year, National Champion winner, and Nephew of Jim Kelly, that has been labeled by his JUCo coach as "Better than Bo Wallace".

I would say this kid is probably good enough to lead them to 7-9 wins next year in that system, but not good enough to compete for the West. That's if he doesn't have character issues arise....which he probably won't, or they will be swept under the rug in Oxford.

That fan base deserves a 1-11 season like no other, so hopefully he goes to LSU and they get stuck with Buchanan and Devonte "Backwards Lateral" Kincade as their answer for next year at QB.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-10-2014, 12:41 PM
EMCC's last QB is the second string qb for Troy I believe.

msstate7
12-10-2014, 12:43 PM
See that's just it....If MSU were signing this kid, he would be the 3 Star JUCO QB with offers from Indiana and Va Tech. That's what would be placed out in the media, and probably even by our own fans. But Ole Miss fans and their media are calling this kid the JUCO QB of the year, National Champion winner, and Nephew of Jim Kelly, that has been labeled by his JUCo coach as "Better than Bo Wallace".

I would say this kid is probably good enough to lead them to 7-9 wins next year in that system, but not good enough to compete for the West. That's if he doesn't have character issues arise....which he probably won't, or they will be swept under the rug in Oxford.

That fan base deserves a 1-11 season like no other, so hopefully he goes to LSU and they get stuck with Buchanan and Devonte "Backwards Lateral" Kincade as their answer for next year at QB.

I wouldn't listen too much to what emcc's coach says about kelly. Stephens (emcc coach) needs a guy like kelly to get a big offer to keep the talent rolling in. If kelly goes from Clemson to a small school, emcc's reputation takes a hit imo

MSUDawg4Life
When did OM start caring about a player's character?

PassInterference
Are you kidding? Ole Miss can't get enough of Juco QBs, especially ones that put up x-box numbers in Juco. Brent Schaeffer, baby!!!

CadaverDawg
EMCC's last QB is the second string qb for Troy I believe.

Wow. Didn't he lead EMCC to the National Championship Game too? That is very telling if so.

Dawg61
12-10-2014, 12:44 PM
I
How mad would you be if Mullen had to recruit a JUCO QB that also had a rap song?

LOL

WE'VE GOT PLAY THIS OVER THE PA SYSTEM IN NEXT YEAR'S EGG BOWL

https://soundcloud.com/g5gi/chad-kelly

Well it looks like we don't have to wait long for another douchebag Ole Miss QB to replace Wallace. This one has rap songs already. Sweet!!

CadaverDawg
12-10-2014, 12:47 PM
I wouldn't listen too much to what emcc's coach says about kelly. Stephens (emcc coach) needs a guy like kelly to get a big offer to keep the talent rolling in. If kelly goes from Clemson to a small school, emcc's reputation takes a hit imo

Oh, I don't think this guy is nearly as good as Wallace, and I don't believe Stephens....Just saying how OM will spin it and make him sound All-World.

I thought it was very telling that Buddy Stephens mentioned how everybody says "Kelly doesn't have as strong of an arm as Bo Wallace did at this point". Stephens went on to say that "He could fire it if he needs to".

THAT would be the most concerning thing to me if I were an OM fan. Because Wallace did not have a strong arm at any point while at OM. He was a solid QB, but arm strength was not his best quality. If Kelly's arm is weaker than Bo's....we may see "Good Chad/Bad Chad"

CadaverDawg
12-10-2014, 12:49 PM
I

Well it looks like we don't have to wait long for another douchebag Ole Miss QB to replace Wallace. This one has rap songs already. Sweet!!

It's hilarious that OM tries to carry this "better than you" mentality, when their school is represented by classless douchebags like Marshall Henderson, Knemdiche, Bo Wallace, and now this clown Chad Kelly. He will fit in perfectly at DBU.

TheRef
12-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Wow. Didn't he lead EMCC to the National Championship Game too? That is very telling if so.

Yupp...EMCC is now back-to-back National Champs. Dontreal Pruitt I believe was his name.

thf24
12-10-2014, 12:51 PM
-delete-

thf24
12-10-2014, 12:53 PM
I keep hearing how Kelly is legit because he put up 4000+ yards and a ton of touchdowns this season, but I'm pretty sure Tyson Lee had similar JUCO numbers. The offers are the most telling thing to me. Didn't someone say LSU brought him in for a workout and didn't offer him? If that's true and he's not able to draw their interest despite their own desperate QB situation, OM shouldn't get their hopes up.

CadaverDawg
12-10-2014, 12:54 PM
I keep hearing how Kelly is legit because he put up 4000+ yards and a ton of touchdowns this season, but I'm pretty sure Tyson Lee had similar JUCO numbers. The offers are the most telling thing to me. Didn't someone say LSU brought him in for a workout and didn't offer him? If that's true, given LSU's QB situation, OM shouldn't get their hopes up.

Good point.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-10-2014, 12:59 PM
LSU looked at Chad Kelly...and said nah...we think we would rather go with Anthony Jennings.

TheRef
12-10-2014, 01:00 PM
I keep hearing how Kelly is legit because he put up 4000+ yards and a ton of touchdowns this season, but I'm pretty sure Tyson Lee had similar JUCO numbers. The offers are the most telling thing to me. Didn't someone say LSU brought him in for a workout and didn't offer him? If that's true and he's not able to draw their interest despite their own desperate QB situation, OM shouldn't get their hopes up.

Yeah he worked out for Miles and Cameron. They didn't offer.

messageboardsuperhero
12-10-2014, 01:00 PM
IT'S YEAR FOUR!!11!! THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR HAVING A LACK OF DEPTH AT CRITICAL POSITIONS IN YEAR FOUR!!11!!!!11

At least that's what we were told a few years ago by these same people... Wake me up when UM actually has a real starting QB they recruited and developed from high school (besides that random guy who started that one game for them in 2010 they lost to the FCS team) instead of just some quick fix transfer- I'm pretty sure it's been about a decade. Why any high school QB would ever sign with them is beyond me.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Looking at numbers for any QB coming in is pretty pointless. Tyler Russell's high school numbers were insane. I think Kyle York put up huge numbers.

msstate7
12-10-2014, 01:05 PM
Looking at numbers for any QB coming in is pretty pointless. Tyler Russell's high school numbers were insane. I think Kyle York put up huge numbers.

Hubenak has better juco stats than Kelly. This may be why Om is looking at hubenak too. Hubenak's only offer being prairie view shows why stats are a terrible way to evaulate a juco qb

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-10-2014, 01:07 PM
They are not a good way to evaluate any QB really. I mean I guess you could say hey, this guy can run well if he has a lot of rushing yards. But you have to really rely on your coaches for evaluation. There are tons of QB's putting up big numbers.

Todd4State
12-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Yeah he worked out for Miles and Cameron. They didn't offer.

I think it's possible that LSU is still trying to decide whether to offer him or not at the last minute.

Todd4State
12-10-2014, 01:32 PM

EMCC recruits players better than USM does. Most of the top players in the state that don't go to a four year school go to EMCC- plus EMCC adds in a few key drop downs like Kelly and Brassell. The new JUCO recruiting rules in Mississippi have allowed them to become dominant.

Todd4State
12-10-2014, 01:35 PM

If Kelly ends up at Incarnate Word, I guarantee you their reputation will not take a hit.

engie
12-10-2014, 01:50 PM
I think it's possible that LSU is still trying to decide whether to offer him or not at the last minute.

LSU is trying to decide which, if not both, of OM's guys they want to take. Rumor is they've been courting Pellerin as well.

msstate7
12-10-2014, 01:54 PM
LSU is trying to decide which, if not both, of OM's guys they want to take. Rumor is they've been courting Pellerin as well.

If they took both, that great rivalry will be even more intense***

I wish they would sign both on a signing day flip

RC3
12-10-2014, 03:30 PM
my understanding from speaking with some bears this morning is that Freeze hasnt offered. Isn't convinced he wants to take the risk and that it is chad kelly trying to convince them to take him