PDA

View Full Version : Juco signing day coming up

msstate7
12-10-2014, 10:30 AM
Who you think we get to sign? Which ones will be December entrees?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2014, 10:42 AM
You can only sign in December if you're a January enrollee. The rest sign in Feb just like HS kids.

msstate7
12-10-2014, 10:44 AM
You can only sign in December if you're a January enrollee. The rest sign in Feb just like HS kids.

So which of our commits/prospects fit the dec signing?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Donald Gray & Johnathan Calvin are commits that will be here in January. Martinas Rankin, Maurice Swain, Jonathan Taylor, & Jason Carr are all guys who would be January enrollees.

HoopsDawg
12-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Donald Gray & Johnathan Calvin are commits that will be here in January. Martinas Rankin, Maurice Swain, Jonathan Taylor, & Jason Carr are all guys who would be January enrollees.

That's right, Jung will sign in Feb.

The staff obviously feels we really need a Juco DT. We looked good on Swain until Malzahn paid him an in-home visit on Monday. I don't see us winning that battle. Jon Taylor had a great offical visit to us last weekend but LSU and Bama are in the mix. If we miss on both of those guys, we will probably move on to Jason Carr. Carr signed with UT as a DT out of high school, but UT ended up moving him to the O-line before he transferred to JUCO. So that's something to watch.

We also clearly want and desperately need a Juco O-linemen. All our eggs are in the Rankin basket now. Danley is committed to OU and Cuellar committed to Mizzou. In fact, Rankin is probably the top uncommitted prospect on the board.

engie
12-10-2014, 10:56 AM
A bunch of the highschool kids will be signing FAA's as well, if they haven't already. Of course, that only binds them to us when they take the first class, I believe...

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Yea Dear, Smitherman, & Deddrick Thomas will enroll in Jan with Financial Aid & then sign their letter of intent in Feb.

maroonmania
12-10-2014, 11:05 AM

The staff obviously feels we really need a Juco DT. We looked good on Swain until Malzahn paid him an in-home visit on Monday. I don't see us winning that battle. Jon Taylor had a great offical visit to us last weekend but LSU and Bama are in the mix. If we miss on both of those guys, we will probably move on to Jason Carr. Carr signed with UT as a DT out of high school, but UT ended up moving him to the O-line before he transferred to JUCO. So that's something to watch.

We also clearly want and desperately need a Juco O-linemen. All our eggs are in the Rankin basket now. Danley is committed to OU and Cuellar committed to Mizzou. In fact, Rankin is probably the top uncommitted prospect on the board.

Is Swain originally from AL?

HoopsDawg
12-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Is Swain originally from AL?

GA.

HancockCountyDog
12-10-2014, 11:17 AM

I know we were down this way talking to Drew Bailey out of PRCC not sure where he is on the pecking order.

I have to admit I hope we pass on Taylor, just not a Mullen type player.

I've got some info on Rankin that is from a great source. I'll pm you, its good news.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2014, 11:51 AM
I feel pretty good on Rankin.

NCDawg
12-10-2014, 01:09 PM

"We looked good on Swain until Malzahn paid him an in-home visit on Monday." "Jon Taylor had a great visit to us last weekend but LSU and Bama are in the Mix." You know, it's a wonder we can compete with those other schools, much less beat them, when we seem to always lose whenever they want one that we're after.

msstate7
12-10-2014, 01:18 PM
I feel pretty good on Rankin.

Gotta think rankin and peters are our most important recruits.

Todd4State
12-10-2014, 02:12 PM

Donald Gray is one of the most important as well in terms of immediate impact. If we can get Taylor it would be huge as well.

quickstrike2
12-10-2014, 02:19 PM

Definitely, Peters has seem way to stress free to be a player of his caliber. However, the dead period is typically when other school do their best recruiting on our guys.

HoopsDawg
12-10-2014, 02:20 PM
"We looked good on Swain until Malzahn paid him an in-home visit on Monday." "Jon Taylor had a great visit to us last weekend but LSU and Bama are in the Mix." You know, it's a wonder we can compete with those other schools, much less beat them, when we seem to always lose whenever they want one that we're after.

Yep. And Ole Miss wins a lot more of those battles than we do. If you look at our current commit list, we have really only won 4 such battles.

HancockCountyDog
12-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Yep. And Ole Miss wins a lot more of those battles than we do. If you look at our current commit list, we have really only won 4 such battles.

Are these the four:

Adams
Peters
Dear
Jones

I think champion is underrated by other sec schools.

HoopsDawg
12-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Are these the four:

Adams
Peters
Dear
Jones

I think champion is underrated by other sec schools.

Yeah, but I meant Smitherman instead of Dear b/c I'm not sure how many of Dear's offers were really committable in the end. Also, Calvin had an AU offer.

defiantdog
12-10-2014, 03:15 PM
I wish Peters could sign early. We need that guy like a fat kid needs cake.

maroonmania
12-10-2014, 03:47 PM

Historically yes, but our program and facilities have taken giant steps forward over the last 5 years so this does NOT need to be the mentality going forward.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2014, 04:15 PM
I think you can add Gibson & McNair too.