PDA

View Full Version : Some talk of Bud Foster to aTm...

engie
12-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Rumor is that VT has told him he isn't going to be the HC after Beamer and his HCIW idea is virtually worthless now that Beamer is struggling. Supposedly on some Va Tech boards that he may be aTm-bound.

http://tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Could-Bud-Foster-be-the-next-DC-33715741

Liverpooldawg
12-09-2014, 06:22 PM
That would be scary.

bulldawg28
12-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Not really. Hurry up offenses kill DC's. Their defense is on the field most of the game.

Dawgowar
12-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Not really. Hurry up offenses kill DC's. Their defense is on the field most of the game.

Foster took shit talent this season and tore Urban and the mostly same Offense we run a new one. He and Womack collaborated on it over the summer. Yeah, I want that guy scheming against MSU with with Summlin's offense. A&M or Auburn would be scary with Foster. He can coach.

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Foster is good, but I don't see him as much different than Ellis Johnson. Plus, designing a defense for a hurry up offense is different. I also feel better knowing that A&M will have a DC that has never been in the SEC before. It will be a learning experience for Foster

engie
12-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Foster is good, but I don't see him as much different than Ellis Johnson. Plus, designing a defense for a hurry up offense is different. I also feel better knowing that A&M will have a DC that has never been in the SEC before. It will be a learning experience for Foster

Not much different than Ellis Johnson? You mean, other than having about 12 defenses in the last 16 years better than the best one Ellis has ever fielded in his career?

No way you posted that with a straight face.

bulldawg28
12-10-2014, 07:09 AM
Foster took shit talent this season and tore Urban and the mostly same Offense we run a new one. He and Womack collaborated on it over the summer. Yeah, I want that guy scheming against MSU with with Summlin's offense. A&M or Auburn would be scary with Foster. He can coach.

All of that is great until fatigue sets in his defense will be on the field more than his offense. In the second half of games they will falter.

bulldawg28
12-10-2014, 07:11 AM
Not much different than Ellis Johnson? You mean, other than having about 12 defenses in the last 16 years better than the best one Ellis has ever fielded in his career?

No way you posted that with a straight face.

Bud plays different variations of man coverage nothing the SEC hasn't seen already.

engie
12-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Bud plays different variations of man coverage nothing the SEC hasn't seen already.

Saban and Chavis do not do anything the SEC hasn't seen already either. In fact, we've already seen what they do for a decade + in both tenures ----- and we still can't consistently exploit it -- because it's great and technically sound. I didn't see where anyone claimed Foster reinvented football in some way?

Va Tech's D has been "down" the last 2 years. It's been higher ranked than either of our last 2 defenses basically across the board while their offense was #98 and #100 in scoring and #97 and #102 in total O. He's already used to having a D on the field all game that's trying to carry a team. Actually, that's not true, because his last 2 D's on teams with terrible O's have been #1 and #3 in Oppo3rdDownConv%.

The depth of talent he has available to recruit and stockpile on the defensive side at aTm is the same as what Saban and Chavis have, and aTm has about 2 years of elite defensive recruiting already in the pipeline. Him at aTm is a very scary proposition -- and anyone pretending otherwise is deluding themselves.