PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Tech fans respond to EliteDawgs....

CadaverDawg
12-08-2014, 11:01 PM
http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81365

CadaverDawg
12-08-2014, 11:09 PM
The rant is a terrible description of our fanbase, but I did find it funny that they mocked one of our fans saying "they havent seen a D like ours", by saying "umm, Clemson". ha. Not saying we will win, but Clemson's defense is hardly a stellar defense. Didn't Georgia beat Clemson like 41-0 or something?

http://www.stingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81314

Should be a good game. I like that a lot of their fans think we have a good fanbase. Hopefully they realize all shit talking is in good fun. plus, when people like you as much as some of their fans like us, it's typically because we weren't very good when we played them in the past, so they probably felt sorry for us, haha. I guess if they hate us on New Year's Day, we probably did our job on New Year's Eve and won the Orange Bowl.

RougeDawg
12-08-2014, 11:30 PM
I've got nothing against them. The only relevant things I know about them is They have a higher ranked Chem Engineering program than we do, but our Che Eng masters and PhD program is ranked higher than theirs.

Pollodawg
12-08-2014, 11:37 PM
LMMFAO. GT picking on anyone about being a "little brother" is the epitome of rich. This bowl will be like that show "The Big Bang Theory".........Except that GT won't get the hot girl and has no friends.

You know you're playing some third tier ACC football program when they whip out the academic smack. I seem to remember WF doing the same thing a few years back.

Dawg61
12-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Was Georgia Tech forced to leave the SEC?

1bigdawg
12-08-2014, 11:53 PM
Was Georgia Tech forced to leave the SEC?

No. In 1966 they thought they were better than everyone else and left on their own.

Dawg61
12-09-2014, 12:00 AM
No. In 1966 they thought they were better than everyone else and left on their own.

Yea I just read up on why they left. Because of not wanting to take away scholarships and because they didn't want to play Bama every year. They refused to play us because they felt they were better than us. They thought they could go independent and be like Notre Dame. Then when they wanted back in the SEC they were 17ed because us and Ole Miss refused to allow it. Karmas a bitch isn't it GTech.

starkvegasdawg
12-09-2014, 12:03 AM
I see I struck a nerve. Good. Good. Let the butt hurt flow. I bet while they're in their disappointed parents' guest bedroom beating off to a Star Trek rerun they're having to apply the extra strength ointment. This is going to be a fun month.

Todd4State
12-09-2014, 01:14 AM

You think Tech and Tulane regret that now?

Political Hack
12-09-2014, 08:48 AM

and they claim to be a "smart school"?

Political Hack
12-09-2014, 08:51 AM
I see I struck a nerve. Good. Good. Let the butt hurt flow. I bet while they're in their disappointed parents' guest bedroom beating off to a Star Trek rerun they're having to apply the extra strength ointment. This is going to be a fun month.

lmao. I was downtown two years ago for their spring game and drove through campus to check out the atmosphere. there was one - ONE - tailgate tent set up. I stopped and asked them if they were tailgating for the football game. The response: "there's a football game today?". Come to find out it was a group of students trying to get a petition of some sort signed.

starkvegasdawg
12-09-2014, 09:25 AM
lmao. I was downtown two years ago for their spring game and drove through campus to check out the atmosphere. there was one - ONE - tailgate tent set up. I stopped and asked them if they were tailgating for the football game. The response: "there's a football game today?". Come to find out it was a group of students trying to get a petition of some sort signed.

Average Ga Tech fan?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/0/40/792981-sc002ca2f4.jpg

BeardoMSU
12-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Average Ga Tech fan?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/0/40/792981-sc002ca2f4.jpg

Geoff Collins watching GT film.....
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/nerdss.gif

EAVdog
12-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Ga Tech has some good and loyal fans, just a small part of the student and alumni base. I've worked with a ton of Tech folks and spent some time over in their School of Architecture. I've always pulled for them because I kind of felt sorry for them. They are third billing in their own town. UGA and the Falcons dominate the Atlanta sports scene, in that order.

As for tailgating, I wouldn't mind having a Varsity close to campus. We'd need more toilets in the Stadium though.

Liverpooldawg
12-09-2014, 11:20 AM
I went to one of thier games last year when my son (now at MSU) took a college visit there. It was fun. They did have a small tailgate scene but then that campus doesn't really lend itself to that. I liked the stadium, but I love funky non-symmetrical stadiums. They have character that soulless bowls just lack. It was interesting seeing the student section we were close to ( they have two, both endzones) being about half Asian. Some were into it, the others looked a bit mystified.