PDA

View Full Version : '14 recruiting class

msstate7
12-08-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm really excited that practice will be open some so we can get an idea how good some of these kids are.

Is Gerri green gonna be olb/mlb/de?

Is aeris the next great MSU rb?

How good are Jesse Jackson, Cory Thomas, jacquell Johnson, grant Harris, dontavian lee, elgton Jenkins, and Deion Calhoun?

Where is the staley/fitz competition at?

Who has the list of early entrees that will be participating in bowl practice?

CadaverDawg
12-08-2014, 10:04 PM
I agree. should be fun.

my thoughts are...

Green will end up at 1B MLB next season.
I think Aeris may very well be our next stud RB.
I think Cory Thomas, Jenkins, and Calhoun will be the top 3 in that next group you listed.
I doubt we see Staley in bowl practice due to bball....but I expect Fitz to show out.

Hopefully we will have several guys giving us reports on practices. I'm looking forward to it. When do they start practicing? Are finals this week?

engie
12-08-2014, 10:19 PM
I hated how base we went defensively this year. It was like a much more talented Chris Wilson 2nd year D.

Green was wanted as a DE by several programs including OM. Let him move all over the field and make plays -- and don't make him wait in line to do it. Being multiple is how you confuse the hurry-up. We didn't do a great job with that this year. We just out talented people when the field got short.

Once you see a DC show tremendous promise in year 1 and take mild steps back in year 2 in many metrics -- based not on talent, but scheme, you start to question just how much of it is Mullen. Hopefully, my eyes deceive me in what I was actually watching -- and it was all a crutch to try to help our hapless S situation...

I want to see a truly dominant defensive performance in the bowl game. It should play to our strengths(assignment football) anyway.

LC Dawg
12-08-2014, 10:31 PM
How much bowl practice is used for growth of our team versus getting ready for the opposing team? I saw where Mullen said Fitzgerald may run the Georgia Tech offense for us to prepare for them and I wondered how or if it will keep him from working with our offense.

Smitty
12-08-2014, 10:34 PM
based not on talent, but scheme, you start to question just how much of it is Mullen.

It's so frustrating. I mean you look around at the creative/innovative and it's just kind of a meh.... Why do we have to be that team who coaches scared. Why us.

TheRef
12-08-2014, 10:35 PM
How much bowl practice is used for growth of our team versus getting ready for the opposing team? I saw where Mullen said Fitzgerald may run the Georgia Tech offense for us to prepare for them and I wondered how or if it will keep him from working with our offense.

I'm sure that he will work with Dak, Staley, and Williams during positional drills. He will only work the GT offense during pass skeleton and 11 on 11. He ran the triple option in HS, so that's why they want him to do it since they won't have to teach him too much about the GT offense.

msstate7
12-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Oh I forgot the player (Brandon Bryant) I think all of us are very interested in.

klong-dog
12-08-2014, 10:45 PM
I hated how base we went defensively this year. It was like a much more talented Chris Wilson 2nd year D. Green was wanted as a DE by several programs including OM. Let him move all over the field and make plays -- and don't make him wait in line to do it. Being multiple is how you confuse the hurry-up. We didn't do a great job with that this year. We just out talented people when the field got short.

Once you see a DC show tremendous promise in year 1 and take mild steps back in year 2 in many metrics -- based not on talent, but scheme, you start to question just how much of it is Mullen. Hopefully, my eyes deceive me in what I was actually watching -- and it was all a crutch to try to help our hapless S situation...

I want to see a truly dominant defensive performance in the bowl game. It should play to our strengths(assignment football) anyway.

Totally agree here. We also stayed in our same defensive sets and never really moved around, other than seeing B. Brown or McKinney changing the play call. I like seeing guys moving around at the LOS at least giving some blitz looks, mixing it up, keeping the O guessing what's coming.

Harrydawg
12-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Exams should have begun last week and should be over Thursday of this week or so....

dawg27
12-08-2014, 11:09 PM
It's so frustrating. I mean you look around at the creative/innovative and it's just kind of a meh.... Why do we have to be that team who coaches scared. Why us.

I agree against al and tsun it seemed like we played not to lose i hate that. tsun threw everything at us we played way to safe.

Percho
12-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Defense example.

This past year OM Tenn game. Tenn came out, moving around, did not know who was coming and who wasn't. OM was confused and Tenn stayed in the game until everything settled down and Tenn got still, then OM took the game over.