PDA

View Full Version : Heisman finalists

mstate68
12-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Mariota, Gordan, Cooper.

ETA: Weren't there like 5 or 6 finalists last year? Why only 3 this year?

Radddawg
12-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Mariota, Gordan, Cooper.

Stupid

Dak should be there and finish in 3rd place ahead of Cooper

Bunch of BS

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Dak will have every opportunity next year.

With the Heisman, it is no secret. It is a late season award.

The votes are due after the last game, and, due to that, people who perform well at the end of the season, get a boost.

our last 4 games next year are: At Missouri, home against Bama, at Arkansas, and then home against Ole Miss. (WOW brutal stretch. Pac 12 & Big 10 fans will never understand this)

He will have every opportunity to make a statement at home next season to win it.

TheRef
12-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Mariota, Gordan, Cooper.

ETA: Weren't there like 5 or 6 finalists last year? Why only 3 this year?

The number of finalists is determined by how close the votes are. Obviously there was a huge spread between 3 and 4.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2014, 06:47 PM
Stupid

Dak should be there and finish in 3rd place ahead of Cooper

Bunch of BS

I don't believe Dak deserved to go over Cooper. Cooper has possibly been the best player in college football this season, and he finished great. Dak didn't finish well. Next year he will have another opportunity.

Political Hack
12-08-2014, 06:48 PM
seems reasonable. wish he would've made it though.

GreenheadDawg
12-08-2014, 06:53 PM
I don't believe Dak deserved to go over Cooper. Cooper has possibly been the best player in college football this season, and he finished great. Dak didn't finish well. Next year he will have another opportunity.

I agree with this. He will have another chance next year but not this year

LC Dawg
12-08-2014, 07:02 PM

I agree that Cooper is good but I don't see why he's easily rated higher than Dak for best player. He went over 100 yards against two teams from the West and as far as finishing strong he went over 100 in only one of the last five games. He did have three huge games but I say he's one of the finalist because he plays for the #1 team.

TheRef
12-08-2014, 07:04 PM
I agree that Cooper is good but I don't see why he's easily rated higher than Dak for best player. He went over 100 yards against two teams from the West and as far as finishing strong he went over 100 in only one of the last five games. He did have three huge games but I say he's one of the finalist because he plays for the #1 team.

He's also the best WR in college football right now. He truly makes that team better. If Bama is having trouble, all they do is heave it to Cooper and he makes plays.

DudyDawg
12-08-2014, 07:27 PM
if the Heisman truly went to the best player, Cooper would win. He is truly the best player in the game, just doesn't have the stats. I'm kinda glad he is in. As far as Dak, maybe him not going will be a blessing in disguise as far as next year goes. Could feed off it

drunkernhelldawg
12-08-2014, 07:53 PM
Can't really complain about it. Dak just didn't move the needle in two chances on the big stage. Maybe next year. Meanwhile, the less said the better.

Coach34
12-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Can't really complain. The 3 picks vs Bammer really hurt and then he didn't do anything special vs Fredo to get back in it

TUSK
12-08-2014, 09:40 PM

objective...

Pollodawg
12-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Can't really complain. The 3 picks vs Bammer really hurt and then he didn't do anything special vs Fredo to get back in it

He was also the only reason that game wasn't a blow out.

mparkerfd20
12-08-2014, 10:01 PM
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Cooper wins. He deserves it over Mariotta.

sandwolf
12-08-2014, 10:52 PM
I actually wouldn't be surprised if Cooper wins. He deserves it over Mariotta.

Cooper is definitely awesome, but I expect Mariota to win in a landslide. He has accounted for almost 4500 yards of offense, 52 touchdowns and he has only thrown 2 interceptions all year.....he has been nothing short of spectacular.

dawgpound
12-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Mariota is without a doubt going to win.... We would be in the playoff if Dak would have finished the season playing like a heisman finalist

Beaver
12-09-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm fine with Dak not getting in. You're not going to be a finalist going 1-2 in your last 3 games...Just how it is...

I really think he will take a big step next year. I may be reading too much into pre/post-game interviews, but his demeanor seemed to change over the 2nd half off the season. I think he was mentally exhausted, as well as physically beat up. Think about it... Over the course of 3 games, he went from small-town hero to national phenomena getting interviewed on ESPN every other day. That's a huge transition. He feels like he has to put up huge numbers, or else he'll let somebody down. That's why I think he threw more interceptions later in the year. He was just trying to force the big play too often instead of hitting a check-down or throwing the ball away.

Going into next season, he won't be a "darkhorse" Heisman contender. He'll be in the spotlight from August 1. He'll be mentally refreshed and ready to go.