12-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Bad Ass.

Well deserved for all our boys and Dan.

CadaverDawg
12-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Hail Yes

EAVdog
12-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Big Kim 1st team and Chris Jones not even listed. Expected that but still makes no sense.

BeardoMSU
12-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Big Kim 1st team and Chris Jones not even listed. Expected that but still makes no sense.

You can't use "stats" to understand RK's impact, man!!!! He is un-quantifiable with our meager human constructs!111!!! Numbers?!? Get the 17 outta here!!!!!!!111111

Postscript: (************************************************* ************************~)

BeardoMSU
12-08-2014, 03:23 PM
You can't use "stats" to understand RK's impact, man!!!! He is un-quantifiable with our meager human constructs!111!!! Numbers?!? Get the 17 outta here!!!!!!!111111

Postscript: (************************************************* ************************~)

The :25 second mark is highly appropriate...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSaAytiB2bM

msstate7
12-08-2014, 03:27 PM

Jones -- 26 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 TFL, 2 passes broke up, 8 qb hurries

RN -- 33 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 TFL, 1 pass broke up, 0 qb hurries

Www.cfbstats.com

Thompson92
12-08-2014, 03:32 PM

Www.cfbstats.com

Hell, I don't see how he beat Myles Garrett. Garrett had

50 tackles, 11 sacks, 12.5 TFL, 9 qb hurries.

And somehow Garrett's second team and Kimdashian's first team? Ok.

Maybe Garrett plays more end than Kim, but they're both listed as tackles by the AP.

UMCDawg16
12-08-2014, 03:34 PM
When I saw Big nkimdiche on 1st team I almost threw up. That pick is based 100% on hype, as usual. OM did have some guys that earned their way like Golson but Robert is so over hyped its sickening. If I had a quarter for everytime I've heard OM fans say " You can't look at his stats, he dominates the game in non-statistical ways!" Sorry, but the All-SEC team should be based on stats, not hype. For the most part they got things right I will say though.

UMCDawg16
12-08-2014, 03:35 PM

Maybe Garrett plays more end than Kim, but they're both listed as tackles by the AP.

That's a freakin travesty that Garrett isn't 1st team.

MetEdDawg
12-08-2014, 03:39 PM

Www.cfbstats.com

Here's what's so bad. Those stats are pretty much the same or even worst than his stats last year. Here's RN's stats from last year:

34 tackles, 2 sacks, 8 TFL, 2 PBU, 3 QBH

So he got one more PBU and a couple more QBH. Same number of sacks but 1 less tackle and 5 less TFL. And I'm pretty sure he played more this year than he did last year.

It's insane that he's 1st team and I will maintain until proven otherwise, high 4 star and 5 star recruits are given preferential pre and post season rankings to further the national recruiting agenda. There is too much money to be made by these companies on recruiting in my opinion to ignore this.

Might be off base but I still think people like ESPN and CBS further their recruiting traffic and subscribers if they can show that these high profile kids do well and rank high. It doesn't help them sell recruiting if 2 star and 3 star "no name" guys finish ahead of the RN's of the world. Although I will add that Myles Garrett is not a no name guy. How he finished 2nd team is beyond me.

thunderclap
12-08-2014, 03:43 PM
And for some reason Chris Jones only played half the snaps.

CadaverDawg
12-08-2014, 03:57 PM
The real travesty is Chris Jones being a non-starter

EAVdog
12-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Chris Jones shouldn't have a problem starting and playing most of the game next year. Losing a lot on the DL.

shrimp
12-08-2014, 04:04 PM

Just wait until next year when he's on the 1A defense, his half of the snaps will increase***

TheRef
12-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Bama fans are salty over the fact that Dak got First-team QB over Sims.

mstatefan91
12-08-2014, 04:39 PM

Lol Sims is only good because he has Cooper. Take Cooper away from that team and Sims is a less than mediocre QB. Yeah he had some clutch moments this season and kudos to him for that, but he is not a great QB.

CadaverDawg
12-08-2014, 04:40 PM

Bama fans wanted to start Coker at QB. Eff them.

SDDawg
12-08-2014, 04:56 PM

Two ways to look at it. Exceeded expectations more, I'd say Blake wins on that front. He had way more impact than expected and played really well in some key games. Meant more to their team, I'd say Dak wins there. Both played really well, but I agree with CD that most of them wanted to start Coker so they lose the argument for that reason alone.

Sacrifice
12-08-2014, 05:15 PM
That deserves a big C'Mon Man!...with a side of WTF???

Beckerdawg
12-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Is there any way to find out how many plays cj & rn played?

mic
12-08-2014, 06:07 PM
yeah I'm sure the AP voters broke down film on RN and saw the "impact" he made .. They don't just go by numbers.. Ok
Myles G not making first team is all you need to know .. He should have been a candidate for DPOY..
And no question they will have little Kem on the preseason 1st or 2nd team next year..

TUSK
12-08-2014, 06:09 PM

They need to stfu. They prolly didn't even know sims was playing out of position. I'm happy for the guy!

Coach34
12-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Garrett got fuuuuuuuucked

Percho
12-08-2014, 07:18 PM

The only comparison I could make to this would be to put a team at No. 3 in the country one week and then after they beat someone 55-3 move them to No. 6 in the country.

woozman
12-08-2014, 07:42 PM

My best friend is a huge Bama homer. I shut him up earlier by posing a hypothetical to him about Dak/Simms - "How good is Dak if he played for Bama with all of the talent at OL, WR and RB? Put Simms on State's team and we have 4 losses minimum..."

Prentis
12-08-2014, 07:55 PM
What about Preston Smith????

LC Dawg
12-08-2014, 08:38 PM
I guess because of all the early Heisman talk I wasn't surprised to see Dak get 1st team and didn't think about it at the time but it's just now sinking in. Guys it is a HUGE deal for Mississippi State to have the 1st team All-SEC quarterback.

TheRef
12-08-2014, 08:39 PM
I guess because of all the early Heisman talk I wasn't surprised to see Dak get 1st team and didn't think about it at the time but it's just now sinking in. Guys it is a HUGE deal for Mississippi State to have the 1st team All-SEC quarterback.

First one since the 80's for us.

LC Dawg
12-08-2014, 08:54 PM
First one since the 80's for us.

Don Smith in '86. The list since then has some pretty impressive names with some Heismans and Super Bowls among them.
I couldn't be happier for Dak and all our All-SEC representatives and big thanks to Coach Mullen for bringing them all together.

TUSK
12-08-2014, 09:46 PM
My best friend is a huge Bama homer. I shut him up earlier by posing a hypothetical to him about Dak/Simms - "How good is Dak if he played for Bama with all of the talent at OL, WR and RB? Put Simms on State's team and we have 4 losses minimum..."

I think Bammer and State would have "close" to the same records if they traded QBs....

their numbers are almost identical... and, I believe they are both really good leaders...

I don't think the disparity of talent between MSU and Bama is enough to bring either down "too" far below the other.