PDA

View Full Version : Paul Johson is 1-5 in bowl games at GT Tech and 3-10 as head coach.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2014, 02:05 PM
They were talking about it on the radio. They said the reason why his teams do so well in the regular season and not the bowl games is due to the fact that most teams don't have enough time to get ready for the triple option and for bowl games that all they have to get ready for.

Political Hack
12-08-2014, 02:08 PM
Pretty well documented... I just hope our safeties can tackle in space when their pitch man gets it.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Side note GT plays Alcorn next year.

jumbo
12-08-2014, 02:13 PM
there's a big difference in have 3 weeks to prepare for the triple option vs only having 1.

MSUDawg4Life
12-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Northwestern had lost 900 straight bowl games ....

msstate7
12-08-2014, 02:15 PM
there's a big difference in have 3 weeks to prepare for the triple option vs only having 1.

Didn't seem to affect Nebraska in the mid-90's. Of course, GT ain't those Nebraska teams

DownwardDawg
12-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Yeah , this is discussed heavily every year. It's a great matchup for us. There is no reason for us not to dominate them. They look unstoppable every year during the regular season then they get completely shut down in their bowl game.

blacklistedbully
12-08-2014, 06:00 PM
FWIW, this is a much more dangerous team than previous PJ teams. They are a legit passing threat. It's hard to get a QB that is a fairly good passer in a TO program, and even if you do, it's a challenge to be accurate when you throw so little. But this kid Justin Thomas is good. He's got 17 passing TDs vs 5 INTs & a higher QBR than Dak.

Yes, he plays in the ACC, but still, they are not nearly as one-dimensional as they've been in the past.

That said, if we can't prep enough in the time we have, Dan will need to return his Coach-Of-The-Year trophies.

Maroonthirteen
12-08-2014, 06:23 PM
They beat UGA in Athens in a rivalry that uga dominates. They gave FSU all they wanted then some. We will have our hands full.

Dawgcentral
12-08-2014, 06:36 PM
From what I've seen, they hit the line and get around the edge quicker than GT teams of the past. Their 3rd down conversion rate is really good, but I haven't seen a breakdown on the run vs pass there.

All that said, we should have the speed on the outside and the strength up front to limit that. I like the match up for us if we play inspired football on both sides of the LOS.

BossDawg
12-08-2014, 10:48 PM
It's a great matchup for us. There is no reason for us not to dominate them.

This is what has me worried.

Pollodawg
12-08-2014, 10:51 PM
They beat UGA in Athens in a rivalry that uga dominates. They gave FSU all they wanted then some. We will have our hands full.

So did 6-6 UF and 6-6 SC...........

Bully13
12-08-2014, 11:06 PM
this game has '12 written all over it. I don't even think I'll watch.. thank you mullen and players for that awesome display at the egg bowl. I'll be surprised if we don't get out ever lovin' asses kicked all over the field like the library boys did us. . and boy did they bend us over and do us, library style.