mstatefan91
12-08-2014, 02:17 AM
God I wish I could go...

civildawg
12-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Hilton at the airport for me

Smitty
12-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Key Largo for a couple days then some friends who reside in Coral Gables.

woozman
12-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Plan C - Hilton Garden Inn near the FLL airport. I wanted to stay close to the game, but had to get a rental car and parking pass instead. It was pretty tough finding a place because this is the peak season in south Florida. Plan B was to stay in Delray Beach because I worked there for several months back in '05 and love that area. I'm going on travel points, though, and not many hotels were accepting them for New Years. The Marriott that I stayed in in Delray wasn't accepting points and was almost $600 per night! Also flying on flyer miles and ATL was going to be 25,000 miles. Flying into FLL is costing me 60,000. Miami is expensive all the time, but is more so during the winter...

woozman
12-08-2014, 09:17 AM
God I wish I could go...

Suck it up and make it happen! It's not ideal for me either because I fly back to the MS coast the day after the game and then have to drive back to Port Canaveral FL the next day with the family for a Disney cruise. I'm sucking it up and so can you!!

Jack Lambert
12-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Plan C - Hilton Garden Inn near the FLL airport. I wanted to stay close to the game, but had to get a rental car and parking pass instead. It was pretty tough finding a place because this is the peak season in south Florida. Plan B was to stay in Delray Beach because I worked there for several months back in '05 and love that area. I'm going on travel points, though, and not many hotels were accepting them for New Years. The Marriott that I stayed in in Delray wasn't accepting points and was almost $600 per night! Also flying on flyer miles and ATL was going to be 25,000 miles. Flying into FLL is costing me 60,000. Miami is expensive all the time, but is more so during the winter...

I tried to use Hilton points but the rooms are all blocked.

woozman
12-08-2014, 10:29 AM
I tried to use Hilton points but the rooms are all blocked.

I just logged in to Hilton and it is still showing rooms available at the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, which is where I booked last night for 30K points. I bought a parking pass and have a rental car so let me know if you get a room there and I'll give you a ride to the game, if you're flying in (if you're flying in semi-close to when I do I'll give you a ride to the hotel too). Saildawg and I hooked up "sight unseen" for the USA game thanks to 247, and we are friends now...

Mjoelner34
12-08-2014, 10:52 AM
Best Western Hollywood/Aventura

trob115
12-08-2014, 11:32 AM
court yard fort lauderdale

Jack Lambert
12-08-2014, 11:36 AM
I just logged in to Hilton and it is still showing rooms available at the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, which is where I booked last night for 30K points. I bought a parking pass and have a rental car so let me know if you get a room there and I'll give you a ride to the game, if you're flying in (if you're flying in semi-close to when I do I'll give you a ride to the hotel too). Saildawg and I hooked up "sight unseen" for the USA game thanks to 247, and we are friends now...

I tried this morning and at the same hotel. It said I could not use honor points. It looks like FT. L is going to be the place. I am still 50/50 If I am going to go.

mstatefan91
12-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Suck it up and make it happen! It's not ideal for me either because I fly back to the MS coast the day after the game and then have to drive back to Port Canaveral FL the next day with the family for a Disney cruise. I'm sucking it up and so can you!!
Some of us are currently in school and don't have the financial means...

Johnson85
12-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Some of us are currently in school and don't have the financial means...

If you don't have the means, you don't have the means.

But four guys could travel to Miami from Starkville for under $200 in gas. Get a Hilton Garden Inn type hotel room for another $200. Then Spend $200 each on tickets, food and entertainment. All in would be $400 a piece. Not nothing but not out of reach for a lot of students. And you could probably do ticket, food, and entertainment for less than $200, but I admit at that point you're spending a lot of money and lot of time and effort just to be inside the stadium and have no other fun. Or you could be extremely cheap, don't get a hotel room, go to the game, party, whatever and then pass out in the car and go hit a truck stop for showers as soon as somebody has sobered up enough to drive.

rbdog82
12-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Team hotel is Trump National Doral. FYI