PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl saying that Kentavious Thomas

Todd4State
12-08-2014, 01:04 AM
Is pretty much about to de-commit.

The funny part about it was in typical Rosebowl fashion he was calling people out for saying he didn't know what he was talking about after he claimed that he had really known about it for "months". However, he conveniently forgot to mention that he was telling people "months ago" that Thomas would be a sign and place guy because of grades- and then it came out that Thomas had something like a 3.0 GPA.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2014, 01:19 AM
Is pretty much about to de-commit.

The funny part about it was in typical Rosebowl fashion he was calling people out for saying he didn't know what he was talking about after he claimed that he had really known about it for "months". However, he conveniently forgot to mention that he was telling people "months ago" that Thomas would be a sign and place guy because of grades- and then it came out that Thomas had something like a 3.0 GPA.

Rosebowl has been saying for 4 month, at least, that Thomas wouldn't be a part of the class.

Jacksondevildog
12-08-2014, 07:18 AM
Rosebowl has been saying for 4 month, at least, that Thomas wouldn't be a part of the class.

This.

hailmari
12-08-2014, 08:03 AM
I hate that, I thought he was the better of the RBs committed (unless you count Dear). But I think this is the position where we'll make it just fine at. We are pretty loaded.

msstate7
12-08-2014, 08:09 AM
I hate that, I thought he was the better of the RBs committed (unless you count Dear). But I think this is the position where we'll make it just fine at. We are pretty loaded.
I think Gibson is the best

defiantdog
12-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Gibson is a Vic Ballard type runner, Thomas is more like Portis was. Would have been nice to have them both..... Plus Thomas had a breakout year as well

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm not saying we will or won't drop him but I'm definitely against it if we do. He's not RB I'd drop but I don't believe in putting kids on blast like that.

GreenheadDawg
12-08-2014, 09:03 AM
I'm not saying we will or won't drop him but I'm definitely against it if we do. He's not RB I'd drop but I don't believe in putting kids on blast like that.

I'm with you on that. Doesn't look good

Political Hack
12-08-2014, 09:05 AM
depends on if he's held up his end of the bargain. Taking visits? made his grades? staying in shape? shenanigan free?

that said, in very much against dropping kids after letting them publicly commit. Things like that make me hate what college football is becoming. It's more about business, dollars, and PR than it is the student athletes. Program > People.

defiantdog
12-08-2014, 09:13 AM
depends on if he's held up his end of the bargain. Taking visits? made his grades? staying in shape? shenanigan free?

that said, in very much against dropping kids after letting them publicly commit. Things like that make me hate what college football is becoming. It's more about business, dollars, and PR than it is the student athletes. Program > People.

He won't be dropped or grey shirted. It'll be his decision to decommit. He's got good grades and nearly became eligible for early enrollment. Plus, he had a breakout year. He was our first running back to commit in this class and I hope we keep him. But his buddy Trey decommitted so people like Rosebowl expect Kentavious to follow.

BrunswickDawg
12-08-2014, 09:15 AM

And it is a method and philosophy we have tended not to embrace - but I wonder if our success this year has opened some eyes to why it may be a necessary evil if we really do want to win championships. Having followed Trey and "Pop" pretty closely this year, I like both of them, but if things are shifting because we are being honest with them and saying "look, you are going to grayshirt/redshirt and we like your talents, but.... (insert fact here), maybe you ought to look around" then I am OK with it.

HancockCountyDog
12-08-2014, 09:45 AM
He won't be dropped or grey shirted. It'll be his decision to decommit. He's got good grades and nearly became eligible for early enrollment. Plus, he had a breakout year. He was our first running back to commit in this class and I hope we keep him. But his buddy Trey decommitted so people like Rosebowl expect Kentavious to follow.

After last year where Rosebowl tried to run off Brandon Bryant for visiting USM, I wish he would keep his mouth closed. Just don't talk about recruits and who is and isn't going to be part of the recruiting class.

EAVdog
12-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Kentavious was close to Trey Dereon I believe, both Georgia boys. This is probably just speculation on Rosebowl's part. But the Dereon situation may affect his thinking.

Irondawg
12-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Yep we may have some fallout from Thomas on what we did to trey. I'm also one that is really high on Thomas. I love his film.

chalupabatman
12-08-2014, 10:27 AM

I think dear will be the best rb. I know he's listed as wr/rb but he's gonna be a Robinson clone in my opinion.

maroonmania
12-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Hope we don't lose him. True RB commits currently are:

Nick Gibson (90 - 247 rating)
Kentavious Thomas (92 - 247 rating)
Alec Murphy (84 - 247 rating)

So just at first glance Thomas doesn't seem to be a guy we would want to lose. Murphy is lower rated but we may like his size due to him being 220+ lbs.

engie
12-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Rosey f's up our recruiting at least once or twice a year. Why would this one be any different?

BeastMan
12-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Steve very may well be right but he's the blind squirrel in this situation imo. KT hasn't done too many interviews and I'm not sure if Steve got the communication he desired.

maroonmania
12-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Rosey f's up our recruiting at least once or twice a year. Why would this one be any different?

Yep, because Steve's primary interest seems to be his own ego over what's best for MSU. So he will continue to come out with things that are not helpful to our recruiting efforts if he thinks he might can scoop something or project something.

CadaverDawg
12-08-2014, 11:07 AM
What? Rosey Robertson is running his mouth about recruits while they are still committed to us just so he can try to be "the first" to say it??? Say it ain't so?? I simply cannot believe a guy like Robertson would do something that could potentially hurt MSU while trying to get personal gain out of it! Putting himself and the website over MSU??! No way!!!

http://i.imgur.com/a0HwpvS.gif

If I was Dan Mullen, I would let Coach34 call a defensive series in the bowl game before I let Rosebowl back on campus. I'm convinced that Steve doesn't know shit. About anything. And what little he does know, isn't from his own work, but from mooching off of work others have done. I'm so sick of that bastard running his mouth and saying negative things about recruits that we may or may not still be in good standing with. He jumped the gun on Alexander, he jumped the gun on Bryant, and he's jumping the gun on Thomas....whether it comes true or not, Steve needs to STFU until it's 100%.

ETA: And for the record, I know Steve runs a business....and I have no problem with him predicting whether he thinks we'll get someone or not. But when you have someone committed, don't make assumptions about them decommitting without knowing 100%, because all that does is plant a seed and could expedite the process while our coaches may be working on keeping him. In other words...only bad things can come from Rosebowl leaking negative information early. And why? For a ****ing pat on the back? Word to the wise, douchebag....if you want REAL credibility and a REAL pat on the back, start putting MSU above yourself and report accurate information instead of trying to be the quickest to get information out there and having it be inaccurate. That's what a REAL credible person would do.

Why MSU people support that clown by paying them for memberships is beyond me. Go support Paul Jones....at least he attempts to put MSU first. Quit giving your damn money to a guy that is more worried about himself and his Scout cred than the information being accurate. Hell, I don't know why people pay for that shit in the first place. I think we should create one membership under Elitedawgs, that all of us know the password to, and then every time Steve posts something we can get guys like Ifyouonlyknew, and others that know more, to either discredit or approve of the garbage he puts out that day.

thedawg
12-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Paul Jones is the man if you are going to pay for the info... If you get on Twitter you will get 90% of the info for free 15 minutes later than the people that pay for it though

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2014, 11:51 AM
I don't know what's going to happen with Kentavious but Steve has been trumpeting he's not going to be in the class since the spring. I don't know what he has against the kid but to constantly go out of his way to tell any & everybody this 1 kid won't be in the class is pretty terrible. Kentavious has done everything we asked of him. I hope he sticks with us bc him & Gibson are legit SEC RB's IMO.

Political Hack
12-08-2014, 11:57 AM
if you only knew.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2014, 12:04 PM
if you only knew.

Touche

Cabo32
12-08-2014, 12:06 PM
What? Rosey Robertson is running his mouth about recruits while they are still committed to us just so he can try to be "the first" to say it??? Say it ain't so?? I simply cannot believe a guy like Robertson would do something that could potentially hurt MSU while trying to get personal gain out of it! Putting himself and the website over MSU??! No way!!!

If I was Dan Mullen, I would let Coach34 call a defensive series in the bowl game before I let Rosebowl back on campus. I'm convinced that Steve doesn't know shit. About anything. And what little he does know, isn't from his own work, but from mooching off of work others have done. I'm so sick of that bastard running his mouth and saying negative things about recruits that we may or may not still be in good standing with. He jumped the gun on Alexander, he jumped the gun on Bryant, and he's jumping the gun on Thomas....whether it comes true or not, Steve needs to STFU until it's 100%.

ETA: And for the record, I know Steve runs a business....and I have no problem with him predicting whether he thinks we'll get someone or not. But when you have someone committed, don't make assumptions about them decommitting without knowing 100%, because all that does is plant a seed and could expedite the process while our coaches may be working on keeping him. In other words...only bad things can come from Rosebowl leaking negative information early. And why? For a ****ing pat on the back? Word to the wise, douchebag....if you want REAL credibility and a REAL pat on the back, start putting MSU above yourself and report accurate information instead of trying to be the quickest to get information out there and having it be inaccurate. That's what a REAL credible person would do.

Why MSU people support that clown by paying them for memberships is beyond me. Go support Paul Jones....at least he attempts to put MSU first. Quit giving your damn money to a guy that is more worried about himself and his Scout cred than the information being accurate. Hell, I don't know why people pay for that shit in the first place. I think we should create one membership under Elitedawgs, that all of us know the password to, and then every time Steve posts something we can get guys like Ifyouonlyknew, and others that know more, to either discredit or approve of the garbage he puts out that day.

Your post just makes...way too much damn sense. He's an ego driven douche bag...worst part is, there are posters on this board that will defend him to the end.

CadaverDawg
12-08-2014, 12:07 PM
You're post just makes...way too much damn sense. He's an ego driven douche bag...worst part is, there are posters on this board that will defend him to the end.

Yep. Baffles me.

engie
12-08-2014, 12:13 PM
You're post just makes...way too much damn sense. He's an ego driven douche bag...worst part is, there are posters on this board that will defend him to the end.

There are posters on every MSU board that will defend him until the end. Anyone that still supported them through the De'Vinner fiasco will support them regardless going forward.

Thick
12-08-2014, 12:27 PM
I have never understood why our athletic dept/football program allows him access. It's just mind boggling.

Bo Darville
12-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Every board has an agenda.

Some will say "Rosebowl is an idiot and the Devinner stuff was the straw that broke the camel's back"

Some will say "Sixpack has an Ole Miss moderator and caters to the Oxford crowd"

Some will say "Wasn't Paul once associated with Wardlaw?"

Some will say "Elitedawgs has a member/moderator who is solely responsible for MSU being on probation"

There is a little truth and little false in all of those, but I've made my decision to spend 99% of my MSU message board time on Elitedawgs. It fits me and seems to align with my agenda. Rosebowl doesn't really give me heartburn though.

Political Hack
12-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Every board has an agenda.

Some will say "Rosebowl is an idiot and the Devinner stuff was the straw that broke the camel's back"

Some will say "Sixpack has an Ole Miss moderator and caters to the Oxford crowd"

Some will say "Wasn't Paul once associated with Wardlaw?"

Some will say "Elitedawgs has a member/moderator who is solely responsible for MSU being on probation"

There is a little truth and little false in all of those, but I've made my decision to spend 99% of my MSU message board time on Elitedawgs. It fits me and seems to align with my agenda. Rosebowl doesn't really give me heartburn though.

you not enjoying probation thus far?

Bo Darville
12-08-2014, 12:42 PM

Just saying what other people have said about Elitedawgs. Fair or not, it has been said.

Thick
12-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Well....the athletic dept/Mullen know the truth, so apparently they are fine with it. If Thomas is not decommiting though, then Rosebowl's access should be re-evaluated.

BrunswickDawg
12-08-2014, 12:53 PM

Personally, I prefer Double-Secret Probation. But with Bracky, I guess we are always on Double-Secret Probation.

Thick
12-08-2014, 12:56 PM
There's no such thing as double secret probation with Bracky. He wants everyone to know that he's responsible for helping the probation cause.

thedawg
12-08-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure they are fine with it as much as a) it's hard to ban someone from campus and camps that are open to the public (it gets even trickier when guys we are recruiting bring him as their guest) b) it would cause a massive shit storm with a guy that has influence over guys we are recruiting... So it's just that path of least resistance to allow Devinner back to camps and games.. Make no mistake he and Mullen don't hang out on the weekends

EAVdog
12-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Rosebowl almost cost is Brandon Bryant last year, that dude is reckless. MSU needs to pressure Scout to cut ties with him.

jumbo
12-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Thomas is certainly not the RB i want to lose. I really like him and think he will be very good in our offense.

yjnkdawg
12-08-2014, 02:24 PM

I was a member of GP Scout, when the Snoop, Singleton and CJ circuses were going on. All it did was stress me out and make me mad, and not accomplishing anything. I finally came to my senses and decided, you mean I am paying money for this. I'm still waiting on Wardlaw to honor my lifetime subscription on BDJ & Rivals, though lol.

Todd4State
12-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Rosebowl almost cost is Brandon Bryant last year, that dude is reckless. MSU needs to pressure Scout to cut ties with him.

THIS is my problem. I understand he has to feed his family. That's fine- but that doesn't mean you should be unethical. He may very well be right about Thomas not being a part of our class, but I don't like how he is handling it. There is no reason to run Thomas down even if he doesn't come to MSU. You manage it when he actually officially leaves.

He caused a big problem with Bryant last year as you said- and if that had happened, our issues at safety would be a LOT more dicey than they are now. Bryant will probably start and be solid next year.

He also ran down Grant Harris last year and was obviously trying to pump up some guy from Miami. Harris has become one of our most promising DE prospects on the team currently and will eventually be a starter for us.