PDA

View Full Version : I hate Oregon

msstate7
12-07-2014, 10:09 PM
I just can't figure out why I detest them so much, but I do. I'll be pulling for Fsu!!!! I can't stand Fsu, but no where near the level of dislike I have for Oregon. Does anyone else hate Oregon like me? If so, why? I can't put my finger on why I hate them so much and it's perplexing to me

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2014, 10:19 PM
I ain't pulling for any team Jamis Winston is on.

Smitty
12-07-2014, 10:22 PM
We need Bama to kill both teams they play.

Need Baylor and TCU to kill their opponents.

And all other SEC teams to kill theirs.

Original48
12-07-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure under what circumstance I would pull for FSU. Ever. I never really cared either way about them in the past. But Jimbo and Jameis are garbage and throw Kanell in the mix and you've got the most polarizing team in modern history. I think Clay Travis' headline said it best before the Louisville game..'FSU has everyone rooting for Bobby Petrino...let that sink in.'

msstate7
12-07-2014, 10:33 PM
I'm not sure under what circumstance I would pull for FSU. Ever. I never really cared either way about them in the past. But Jimbo and Jameis are garbage and throw Kanell in the mix and you've got the most polarizing team in modern history. I think Clay Travis' headline said it best before the Louisville game..'FSU has everyone rooting for Bobby Petrino...let that sink in.'

I'd pull for Fsu against 2 teams: ole miss and Oregon.

SDDawg
12-07-2014, 10:33 PM
Easy. Oregon kills FSU, Bama kills Oregon. Problem solved.

TimberBeast
12-07-2014, 10:41 PM
I just can't figure out why I detest them so much, but I do. I'll be pulling for Fsu!!!! I can't stand Fsu, but no where near the level of dislike I have for Oregon. Does anyone else hate Oregon like me? If so, why? I can't put my finger on why I hate them so much and it's perplexing to me

Do you know any Oregon fans? That would explain it easily.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 10:52 PM
I'm rooting for the SEC minus Ole Miss. People can bash me for that if they want, but I want to know that we are playing in the best Conference ever, which hopefully gives us the edge in any future close calls for the playoffs and Bowls. Plus, it's cool to know we finished 2nd in a conference that dominated the bowl season.

Todd4State
12-07-2014, 10:55 PM
I actually like Oregon in that as a football program they would be a good model for us. They were basically a 5-6 program like we were in the late 80's and have started to win big in the 90's. We run the same offense and I like what they do with it- they are much more creative with it than we are.

I've heard Dan say that we "want to be the Oregon of the SEC". And I'm OK with that.

Todd4State
12-07-2014, 10:56 PM
I'm rooting for the SEC minus Ole Miss. People can bash me for that if they want, but I want to know that we are playing in the best Conference ever, which hopefully gives us the edge in any future close calls for the playoffs and Bowls. Plus, it's cool to know we finished 2nd in a conference that dominated the bowl season.

It's going to be woefully political from here on out. The best thing that could happen to the SEC would be for the playoffs to expand to eight.

Smitty
12-07-2014, 11:01 PM
It's going to be woefully political from here on out. The best thing that could happen to the SEC would be for the playoffs to expand to eight.

If the system is political, then we have to be political as well.. We gotta root for the SEC (minus TSUN). Gotta root for the Big 12... Gotta root against the Big 10.

Best thing that could happen is for Baylor and TCU to win big and the Big 10 get crushed all over the place.

CadaverDawg
12-07-2014, 11:08 PM
If the system is political, then we have to be political as well.. We gotta root for the SEC (minus TSUN). Gotta root for the Big 12... Gotta root against the Big 10.

Best thing that could happen is for Baylor and TCU to win big and the Big 10 get crushed all over the place.

Yep, I'm wit Smitty

Cabo32
12-08-2014, 12:02 AM
i just want us to win..which I think we will..and win big

Couldn't care less about other SEC teams winning their bowl games. We have to recruit against those guys..and adding another national title to their record will make it that much harder to recruit against bama..

Liverpooldawg
12-08-2014, 12:09 AM
I usually pull for the SEC in bowls, except for THEM and lately Auburn.

dawgs
12-08-2014, 02:47 AM
Do you know any Oregon fans? That would explain it easily.

Yep. I went to school there for 3 years and live amongst them. They're not nearly as cocky or assholes about CFB as 99% of sec fans are when discussing other conferences.

Also, y'all would rather cheer for a rapist, a woman beater, and their #1 defender than a team with model citizen heisman caliber QB and a humble HC for no reason that "for some reason you don't like them"? Maybe you need to look at yourself if that's the best you got for supporting f$u.

It_Could_Happen
12-08-2014, 03:37 AM
Yep. I went to school there for 3 years and live amongst them. They're not nearly as cocky or assholes about CFB as 99% of sec fans are when discussing other conferences.

Also, y'all would rather cheer for a rapist, a woman beater, and their #1 defender than a team with model citizen heisman caliber QB and a humble HC for no reason that "for some reason you don't like them"? Maybe you need to look at yourself if that's the best you got for supporting f$u.

I agree. Mariota is a class act and their new head coach is way more humble than chip Kelly. I'll be pulling for them against FSU and it would hard for me to pull against them in the championship. I'm so sick of the Alabama dominance (sorry Tusk).

msstate7
12-08-2014, 07:30 AM

You take this stuff very personal don't you? While I agree that Winston is a creep, I'm not gonna label that whole team, school, and fanbase the same.

Dawgowar
12-08-2014, 07:39 AM

Same. Can't see any circumstances where I would cheer for TSUN. If to my advantage I can hold my nose and pull for Auburn now that we beat them.

Oregon just isn't likable. Vomit Green and Failed Urinalysis Yellow are not colors one rallies behind. And no, I will never cheer for FSU. Whatever the real truth on Winston's case, the fit is apparent that both Florida Government Officials and University leadership interfered in the case. Tells me all I need to know about their priorities and integrity. You think TSUN is owned by its recruits, looks like FSU signed that pink slip over to the inmates a long time ago.

msstate7
12-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Even though I don't like either (MM and JW), I'm excited to watch them face off. I heard ESPN guys saying that this will be the first game Winston has played in where he's not the best qb. I'm not sure about that.

thf24
12-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Even though I don't like either (MM and JW), I'm excited to watch them face off. I heard ESPN guys saying that this will be the first game Winston has played in where he's not the best qb. I'm not sure about that.

I agree. It's a push at very best. Probably just some bullshit talking point/story line they decided to run with.

dawgs
12-08-2014, 10:49 AM
You take this stuff very personal don't you? While I agree that Winston is a creep, I'm not gonna label that whole team, school, and fanbase the same.

It gets hard to not label the whole team when the shit keeps happening.

http://deadspin.com/fsus-karlos-williams-not-charged-in-domestic-battery-in-1658022701

Jimbo never even suspended him for a day. And we know how reliable the Tallahassee PD is when it comes to investigating football players.

dawgs
12-08-2014, 10:55 AM

If Mariota hadn't sprained his knee and played on 1 leg all of November last year, he very well could have won the heisman last year over winston.

Mariota has a career 101:12 TD:INT ratio, and another 30 career rushing TDs. Winston threw 17 INTs in 12 games this season, has a 64:27 ratio for his career and only 7 rushing TDs. But yeah, he's the better QB.

scottycameron
12-08-2014, 11:00 AM
It gets hard to not label the whole team when the shit keeps happening.

http://deadspin.com/fsus-karlos-williams-not-charged-in-domestic-battery-in-1658022701

Jimbo never even suspended him for a day. And we know how reliable the Tallahassee PD is when it comes to investigating football players.

wow. she bared him 2 children.

msstate7
12-08-2014, 11:01 AM
If Mariota hadn't sprained his knee and played on 1 leg all of November last year, he very well could have won the heisman last year over winston.

Mariota has a career 101:12 TD:INT ratio, and another 30 career rushing TDs. Winston threw 17 INTs in 12 games this season, has a 64:27 ratio for his career and only 7 rushing TDs. But yeah, he's the better QB.

Whether you like Winston or not, he's super talented. Is he a head case? Yes. Creep? Absolutely. If my team is down by 6 with 2 mins to go, give me Winston over anyone in the country. The dude is freaky clutch. He's a loser in life, but a winner on the field. Winston is the most talented qb since luck and I think he's better than luck was in college

dawgs
12-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Whether you like Winston or not, he's super talented. Is he a head case? Yes. Creep? Absolutely. If my team is down by 6 with 2 mins to go, give me Winston over anyone in the country. The dude is freaky clutch. He's a loser in life, but a winner on the field. Winston is the most talented qb since luck and I think he's better than luck was in college

Luck was the best NFL QB prospect since peyton. Winston is not.

msstate7
12-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Luck was the best NFL QB prospect since peyton. Winston is not.

How much of his draft stock is hurt by his off the field issues? If Winston was the person luck is Winston would be a lock for #1 overall

dawgs
12-08-2014, 11:41 AM
How much of his draft stock is hurt by his off the field issues? If Winston was the person luck is Winston would be a lock for #1 overall

Luck threw 22 ints in 3 years. 5 less than winston in 2 years. Winston has seriously regressed this season.

Also, off field/mental issues are a huge part of being a QB. Ryan leaf was as talented as anyone from a physical standpoint, but he was a headcase that washed out of the league and spent time in jail. Jamarcus Russell was as talented as anyone from the physical standpoint, but he was a headcase that wouldn't work out, wouldn't/couldn't learn the playbook, and ate himself out of the league in a few years.

msstate7
12-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Luck threw 22 ints in 3 years. 5 less than winston in 2 years. Winston has seriously regressed this season.

Also, off field/mental issues are a huge part of being a QB. Ryan leaf was as talented as anyone from a physical standpoint, but he was a headcase that washed out of the league and spent time in jail. Jamarcus Russell was as talented as anyone from the physical standpoint, but he was a headcase that wouldn't work out, wouldn't/couldn't learn the playbook, and ate himself out of the league in a few years.

Winston has certainly turned the ball over too much, but I think part of that is just trying to do too much. Qb's are judged by winning and he's NEVER lost a college game. He can make throws that you just don't see college guys make. He's a freak.

Oh and I do think luck will be the better pro, but I think Winston is his equal as far as talent. Luck intelligence >>>>>>>>>>> winston's... That's the difference

RAYn_Man
12-08-2014, 11:54 AM
I will be cheering against Fsu, Ole Miss and Bama. I guess the team I'd like to see win it is Oregon. They've been good for a while but always have one slip up. They deserve a championship.

dawgs
12-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Winston has certainly turned the ball over too much, but I think part of that is just trying to do too much. Qb's are judged by winning and he's NEVER lost a college game. He can make throws that you just don't see college guys make. He's a freak.

Oh and I do think luck will be the better pro, but I think Winston is his equal as far as talent. Luck intelligence >>>>>>>>>>> winston's... That's the difference

But aren't those reasons (turnovers, decision making) that Mariota is a better QB than winston? And Mariota is 35-4 in 3 years as a starter in a tougher conference than the ACC, so the "winning" argument doesn't go very far when separating the 2.

msstate7
12-08-2014, 12:50 PM
But aren't those reasons (turnovers, decision making) that Mariota is a better QB than winston? And Mariota is 35-4 in 3 years as a starter in a tougher conference than the ACC, so the "winning" argument doesn't go very far when separating the 2.

Winston is 27-0 with a national title and has his team back in the playoffs. Will you recognize Winston as being the better qb (certainly not the better person) if Fsu beats Oregon?

dawgs
12-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Winston is 27-0 with a national title and has his team back in the playoffs. Will you recognize Winston as being the better qb (certainly not the better person) if Fsu beats Oregon?

No because there's a million ways the gane could play out. I'm not painting myself into that corner. For instance, what if winston throws 2 picks, but f$u wins because of the wife beater and dalvin cook running the ball, and get a special teams TD, and maybe a fumble return TD fumbled by a non-Mariota duck player, and Mariota goes 25-30 for 310 yards and 3 TDs with no turnovers but oregon loses 31-28.

I will say that f$u has many more recruiting starzzzz than oregon top to bottom.

Also, Vince young and Matt leinart were winners in college too.

msstate7
12-08-2014, 01:09 PM
No because there's a million ways the gane could play out. I'm not painting myself into that corner.

I will say that f$u has many more recruiting starzzzz than oregon top to bottom.

If I was putting money on the game, I'd bet on Oregon.

Bothrops
12-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Oregon ain't getting by FSU.

Political Hack
12-08-2014, 03:00 PM
FSU fans are going to have nightmares about chasing MM around that field and not being able to catch him. Winston will throw 2-3 INTs and the Ducks will cruise in Pasadena.

dawgs
12-08-2014, 03:34 PM
If f$u shows up and plays like they have in literally every game this season, oregon will coast by them by 2+ TDs. I know they've shown an ability to fight back and pull out Ws, but oregon is world's better than anyone on f$u's schedule. They come out like shit for a quarter or a half and they'll be down too far to come back against a team as good as oregon. It's time to acknowledge that 2013 f$u ain't walking on the field. This f$u is very comparable to the 2012 ND team imo, and we saw what happened to that ND team when they faced an elite team.

msstate7
12-08-2014, 03:42 PM
If f$u shows up and plays like they have in literally every game this season, oregon will coast by them by 2+ TDs. I know they've shown an ability to fight back and pull out Ws, but oregon is world's better than anyone on f$u's schedule. They come out like shit for a quarter or a half and they'll be down too far to come back against a team as good as oregon. It's time to acknowledge that 2013 f$u ain't walking on the field. This f$u is very comparable to the 2012 ND team imo, and we saw what happened to that ND team when they faced an elite team.

I agree, but 2012 bama >>>> 2014 Oregon. I hope you don't believe this Oregon team is on that level

dawgs
12-08-2014, 05:04 PM
I agree, but 2012 bama >>>> 2014 Oregon. I hope you don't believe this Oregon team is on that level

2014 oregon would destroy 2012 ND too. also, 2012 Bama lost at home to jff and a&m, so not like they are all-time great.

msstate7
12-08-2014, 05:17 PM
2014 oregon would destroy 2012 ND too. also, 2012 Bama lost at home to jff and a&m, so not like they are all-time great.

They'd blast any team this year

dawgs
12-08-2014, 05:23 PM
They'd blast any team this year

Good thing it's 2014, not 2012 then.

Bothrops
12-08-2014, 05:24 PM
This Oregon team lost to a vastly overrated Arizona team that never had any business being in the top 10. I don't usually talk down the Pac-12 too much, but it sucks this year.

msstate7
12-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Good thing it's 2014, not 2012 then.

Yep haha

dawgs
12-08-2014, 05:31 PM
This Oregon team lost to a vastly overrated Arizona team that never had any business being in the top 10. I don't usually talk down the Pac-12 too much, but it sucks this year.

Oregon's OL and D was beat up at the time. They got healthy the last month of the season and have been rolling.

(Of course every team that every non-sec team loses to is ridiculously overrated, and therefore every non-sec team that's 12-1 or 11-1 is highly overrated)

TimberBeast
12-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Oregon's OL and D was beat up at the time. They got healthy the last month of the season and have been rolling.

(Of course every team that every non-sec team loses to is ridiculously overrated, and therefore every non-sec team that's 12-1 or 11-1 is highly overrated)

This is exactly what I meant by if you know any Oregon fans the answer to why it's easy to hate them is obvious. All I've ever met are just terribly obnoxious and jealous.

dawgs
12-09-2014, 03:08 AM
This is exactly what I meant by if you know any Oregon fans the answer to why it's easy to hate them is obvious. All I've ever met are just terribly obnoxious and jealous.

Lol are you serious? That's obnoxious? Literally 75% or more of the posts on here write off every other team without any real analysis because they don't play in the sec.

Jesus man, I'm a bulldog fan through and through, but I'm also not a blind, unobjective homer.

dawgpound
12-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Oregon is a lot of fun to watch.. I love their offense

Dawgcentral
12-17-2014, 07:00 PM
Winston is a great QB and a lousy person. His coach is full of it. That's all I need to maintain the hope that they will find a way to fail.

I can't see what Oregon has done to make me dislike them more. Ugly unis? Nike $?

Screw FSU and the ACC. They had their chance to join the SEC and decided to be the one-eyed king in the land of the blind.

Op4isabitch
12-17-2014, 09:41 PM
I like Oregon, gotta be honest, even though they skull fricked us the home and home with them was great.
Their fans were really nice too!

defiantdog
12-17-2014, 09:45 PM
Winston is a great QB and a lousy person. His coach is full of it. That's all I need to maintain the hope that they will find a way to fail.

I can't see what Oregon has done to make me dislike them more. Ugly unis? Nike $?

Screw FSU and the ACC. They had their chance to join the SEC and decided to be the one-eyed king in the land of the blind.

Best post in the thread

Jack Lambert
12-18-2014, 09:02 AM
I hate both about the same and that's alot but I want FSU to win that game and than to have FSU get beat down by Bama. I just think the Pack 12 is over rated and the only reason it get's so much PR from the media is due to California being a big market. I think Oregon has average talent and would be in the middle of the pack in the SEC. The PAC 12 is just weak. I think the ACC is weak as well and I usually hope FSU gets smoked but I am pulling for them in the first game.